Workplace Solutions Best of the Year Amazon Fashion nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Electronics Holiday Gift Guide Starting at $39.99 Luxury Beauty Gift Sets Gifts for Him Get up to $100 back on House Cleaning services MozartintheJungle MozartintheJungle MozartintheJungle  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $89.99 Kindle Oasis Platinum artists Shop Outdoor Deals on Amazon Baby Gift Guide

Showing 1-10 of 121 reviews(verified purchases). Show all reviews
on December 16, 2013
This is the best machine money can buy. Don't settle for the smaller 13 inch version. You'll lose sleep and be thinking about this computer. It's faster and just down right dominant. It's worth the extra money to shell out and get what you deserve. A quality product that will last several years than that Dell or Sony you just bought on sale over Black Friday.
on April 25, 2014
I had my 2nd MBP for 6 years -- about twice as long as any other computer I've owned. I'm a manufacturing guy by trade and experience. I love the manufactured quality rather than the cheap plastic junk sold by others. Of course, the computer aspects are the reason we buy these things: Retina Display is quite amazing -- beautiful dense color; the flash-based storage makes the computer boot and respond very quickly. Applications seem to be very snappy compared to their counterparts on my 2008 MBP. When they get an affordable Terabyte of flash memory in one of these things, they'll really have something. The speed is exceptional and the boatload of fully functional on-board apps makes the computer totally capable out of the box. I knew it only had 256Gb of flash drive going in and I'm dealing with it, but, for me, that is the only downside. BUT that much memory does not invite much use of the iTunes store (especially in the video departments) and I find that a little ironic.
on January 19, 2014
This is an expensive computer, but it is worth it.
15" Retina display is awesome.
Computer is very fast. Huge upgrade over my 2010 Macbook. SSD is awesome, but wish that it was larger considering the price.

Overall very satisfied.
on January 18, 2014
For the last year or so, I have been using an iphone and an ipad. I have never tried an apple computer before, I have been using pc's since about 1984 exclusively and I know them well. Decided to go with a macbook based on comparing windows 8 laptops and the mac's at the local best buy.. The mac looked and felt like a higher quality machine. I am blown away with how it works. It does take a little getting used to but I think I am a convert to the Apple way now.
The things I like best are the speed of startup and speed of getting around online. I can't think of anything that I don't like about it. Yes the price is high, but you get what you pay for.
My son is a computer geek and I can barely pry this thing out of his hands. It is his first in depth experience with an Apple computer and he is sold on them too.
I would give my highest recommendation for this computer.
on April 21, 2014
I have been frustrated for years with my PC freezing, requiring the app I was in to be closed down using Windows Task Manager, or rebooting my computer. I have been frustrated with waiting for programs to load and the threat of virus infection. I had been told by Mac lovers that I should switch to an Apple product. I finally purchased a MacBook and I am ecstatic! Programs load immediately. It doesn't freeze up and the retina display is fantastic! I especially like the lighted keyboard that permits use in dark places, such as riding in a vehicle at night. So glad I switched!
on May 22, 2014
Very simply a fantastic computer. I bought this as a birthday present for my wife. She was using a four year old Mac Book Pro that had been a workhorse for her business and personal computer needs.
With Apple sometimes it is hard to discern the magnitude of the upgrades to their hardware when your old Mac is doing fine. However, the quality of the meticulous construction is apparent when you compare side by side.
The weight difference and depth of screen acuity is stunning. They look the same but after the obvious you notice the speed difference immediately running Mavericks.
With a larger hard drive and screaming speed we have been very happy with this purchase!
on October 13, 2014
Solid Laptop, i was concerned about the 2.0 processor for gaming, i have windows 8 duel booted via bootcamp and i can play battlefield 4 everything low settings and a slightly lower frame size than 1920x1080, and the laptop get's pretty damn hot, i use a laptop fan underneath idk how much it helps, Other people on you tube play metro last light with this aswell and keep in mind this is with IRIS Pro Graphics...

anyway over all I love the OSX interface i use it for music production/artwork/video and boot into windows for gaming needs, If i had the money though i would have saved a little longer and got one of the ones with the Nvidea 760 dedicated graphics just so i could enjoy games like battlefield 4 a little more when im on the go....and to be honest Windows 8 runs great on the ssd or flash, if u really just want a gaming laptop i would go with the lenovo YS50 ultimate, still has retina display and a way better graphics processor and everything will still load like butter just make sure you have a nice sized SSD or Flash hard drive....

mac osx handles things way different from windows and will take some getting use to for an avid windows user but over all this laptop is a good investment if you can find it refurbished or used like new and dont get it with 256gb flash if u plan on gaming more gb hard drive the better !
on April 28, 2014
I am still new to the mac and getting used to the different OS and keyboard shortcuts which will take a while but the laptop is great. The combination of a fast processor and fast hard drive makes this very responsive and it boots up and shuts down in seconds. Its also a work of art
on March 13, 2014
I've owned several apple laptops over the years, all of which I've been very happy with, and this laptop is no exception. While obviously on the higher end price-wise, I think this laptop is worth the money so far. It is beautifully designed, fast and has all the hardware features that I wanted. The retina display is something else. I wasn't expecting it to be a drastic difference from my last MacBook, but the retina display is noticeably much better. It comes pre-loaded with OS X Mavericks, which is great, though not massively different from previous versions of OS X. The only thing this laptop is lacking is a touch screen, which is becoming more and more an industry standard on laptops. If Apple is your thing and you're willing to spend a little more, then I would recommend this laptop for you.
on December 3, 2013
Stunning screen, fast, all day battery life and all this in a beautifull package. I am very pleased with the Macbook Pro Retina, most certenly a step up from my 13" macbook Pro.