Industrial Deals Beauty Save up to 90% on textbooks STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning ballerss3 ballerss3,
image-map-link=rect  Amazon Echo now $99.99 Limited-time offer: All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Paperwhite Trade it in. Fund the next. Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 123 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 160 reviews
on January 15, 2014
I stayed away from the MacBooks for years, because they seemed to be overpriced inferior laptops to me. When the Retina version of this laptop came out, the MacBook finally had something the competitors didn't have - the most gorgeous screen I have ever seen on a laptop.

Something that wasn't clear to me before purchase is how light and thin this laptop is compared to similarly equipped laptops. The thickness of this laptop is amazing. It's thinner than my 4th Generation Ipad in a leather case. Albeit, a little bit heavier.

You'll definitely want a lap desk if you use this thing on your lap to watch video or play games, because it gets VERY hot. This is to be expected because of all the high end hardware squeezed into this. It's more of a desktop replacement laptop, in the form factor of a travel friendly laptop.
on May 18, 2014
LOVE my new Macbook Pro Retina. I gave my old 15" to my Mom (Go Mom!) and needed a new one. I always hoped that Apple would come out with a 15" Macbook "Air" and this is about as close as you can get. It's much thinner and lighter than my old Macbook Pro and solved the one problem I had with it. It was too heavy...

However, it introduced one new annoying flaw that I didn't have on the old one... the new Magsafe 2 power adapter comes unplugged constantly. In short, the new magnets are too weak. See the reviews on the Magsafe 2 on Apple's website to see just how much people hate them now. The good news is there is a fix. Google "Snuglet" and you'll find a new product that addresses this problem. My new Macbook is now perfect again! I hope this helps.
on February 22, 2016
After purchasing this laptop I notice some stains on the top centre by the web cam and the bottom left. I did some research and i found out thats its called staingate, i called the seller and notified them about my issue they told me to ship it up and i would get back my refund. I could not wait that long and I found its a bit unfair for me to stand the cost because i am in the caribbean. i then called apple and basically they pulled out themselves which i found to be very low because this is a expensive laptop. i am really not satisfied with the service of the seller and apple and i wish apple could do something about this
on August 20, 2014
Making the switch from PC to Mac always has its challenges. But the speed of this machine, and the eye candy of the retina display paired with the beautiful aesthetics of OS X Mavericks, makes poking around for settings more like a scenic hike than an arduous trip through apocalyptic wastelands. I can't think of one negative thing to say about it. Oh...wait...I WANT MY HOME, END, and PAGE UP/DOWN KEYS BACK! Sigh, but I'll survive.
on December 19, 2015
I got this computer used for 1000 less than the original price since i got it used, but still with AppleCare. I consider it a great deal since it's the last one for now with an Nvidia 750 GT card. The display is really nice and the whole computer structure is just very good. Battery life is also very decent if you don't use the Nvidia card and switch to the Intel card. It is however heavy as you might expect. Not the best travel Mac, but I think it will work very well to edit my pics and render video.
on August 21, 2014
IMHO, what's not to love about a Mac? This is my third MacBook (second Pro) over the years and my opinion has always been positive and remains that way. I'm not an Apple snob but I don't see myself ever owning another non-Apple computer or laptop. It's the way I like to do my computer tasks. I certainly would not drop it from a high balcony but I will trust my data to be available at any given keystroke. View my review regarding the seller to get a complete picture of the transaction.
on February 19, 2014
After twenty five years on a Windows PC and countless issues from viruses to OS issues, I decided to switch to Apple. All I can say is WOW!!

Reading numerous reviews and evaluating my needs, I decided on the larger 15.4 screen,16 RAM, 500GB flash drive. For me I t was worth the added price as this MacBook is everything the other reviews claim it to be be, slim, lightweight and with the i7 process, blazing fast!

I selected the larger memory and RAM because I need to run several virtual machines. I currently have four virtual machines installed and can easily run all at the same time, even with one in coherence mode.

One concern a had about migrating from Windows was not having Outlook available. Yes, running MS Outlook on a virtual machine would solve that problem but I have discovered that the default Mac Mail has some tremendous features that my Outlook couldn't even do, like Smart Mailboxes. And by converting all my POP3 email accounts to IMAP, I am able to create all the folder structure I need to keep my large volume of emails organized across multiple devises.

The MacBook does not come with a DVD drive but at a 1/2 " thick, how could it! I picked one up on Amazon for $70 and am all set.

The new maverick OS has some great features like keychain and integrates well with Windows documents like Word, Excel, ect.. This machine is definitely a cut above, way above. WOW!

Steve B.
on July 18, 2014
I have always wanted a mac, but thought I couldn't afford them. After buying one, I will not ever own another pc. I am sold 100 percent on the operation, and trouble free the system is. I never could understand the following that Apple had. Now I know. If you want a great computer, this is it. The only problem is the units are sealed. So if you like adding on aftermarket systems then this computer is not for you. If you want a turn key computer, then this is it.
on June 2, 2017
Works great!
on August 11, 2014
love it. buy with confidence. exactly as advertised.
I live in the commercial art and photography world, using apple products both at work and home — so I was hesitant to buy the MacBook Pro through Amazon (can't max it out). But this was financially the best option i could find. And it is just as advertised. It arrived in working order and hasn't stopped since.