|Screen Size||15.4 inches|
|Screen Resolution||2880 x 1800 pixels|
|Max Screen Resolution||2880x1800 pixels|
|Processor||2.4 GHz Intel Core i7|
|RAM||8 GB DDR3L|
|Memory Speed||1600 MHz|
|Hard Drive||256 GB mechanical_hard_drive|
|Graphics Coprocessor||NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M|
|Wireless Type||802.11 a/b/g/n|
|Number of USB 3.0 Ports||2|
|Average Battery Life (in hours)||7 hours|
Apple MacBook Pro ME664LL/A 15.4-Inch Laptop with Retina Display (OLD VERSION)
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- 2.4 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7 Processor with Turbo Boost up to 3.4GHz
- 8 GB 1600MHz DDR3L Memory
- 256 GB Flash Storage
- 15.4-inch Retina Display; 2880x1800 Resolution; NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M Graphics
- Mac OS X Mountain Lion, 7 Hour Battery Life
There is a newer model of this item:
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
The only thing to be careful of it the display there are two manufactures for the display, LG and Samsung. The LG display has an image retention problem, while the Samsung display does not. But there is no way to guarantee which machine you are going to get. But Apple will replace the machine if you do get an image retention problem.
I spend quite a lot of time on my laptop each day doing various tasks which include reading articles, books and blogs as well as photo editing for my shop and watching movies. I do play a bit of one video game as well. This laptop is amazing. The reduced eyestrain was evident after only a few hours. I find myself wanting to use the laptop over my mini ipad (but once the retina screen is available on that I will get it!).
The detail in watching a very vivid TV show such as Defiance is brilliant. You can see so much more of the background action and it actually made me pause several times to marvel at the surroundings to the plot.
Reading books on this screen is easy and reading articles an being able to click links back and forth without eye strain from changing visuals is fabulous.
The one game that I do play, World of Warcraft, runs smoothly and there is quite a bit more detail in the background. I actually think I might have to turn the graphics down a bit because there seems almost to be too much information for my brain to handle.
The various programs I use are running very smoothly and it was a matter of an hour or so to finalize the update process once I received the laptop and get everything running.
I was a bit surprised to find no DVD drive (didn't actually even think to check this when I purchased) but honestly I watch a DVD movie only rarely and it will be easy enough to purchase a separate drive. The world seems to be moving towards digital download anyway so I'll probably replace most of my DVD collection in time.
Overall I am extremely pleased with my purchase and only wish I had done it sooner.
WHAT'S GREAT (and a few tips):
* High resolution screen. In normal mode, you get crisp letters and pictures, and adequate screen real estate for most tasks. When in scaled mode, you get the equivalent of a 1900x1200 display, great for doing certain tasks like programming or using applications not yet written for the retina display.
* Solid state drive. The integrated solid state drive is amazingly fast, and uses a 6 GB/s SATA connection right on the motherboard. It also allows for the incredibly thin form factor. I'm not sure, but it seems faster than normal solid state drives. The lack of a cabled connection shouldn't matter noticeably, so maybe it's just my imagination. Either way, it's really nice to not have a spinning drive, and liberating to use a laptop without having to constantly worry about how much you're moving the computer and wondering if you're going to damage the drive.
By the way HERE IS HOW TO PICK OUT THE RIGHT SIZE DRIVE: Spend a lot of time figuring out what kinds of things you're going to do, and how much disk space your media will take up, and how those needs are going to grow in the three to four years you own the computer. And then just order the largest drive available.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
It's Apple so once you get past the price everything is top grade.Published 15 months ago by David Ducolon
Great computer! Quick, great picture, easy to use! I have had it for over a year and traveled with it several times. No problems!Published 17 months ago by Barb
Dollar per dollar one of the best products in the world.Published 22 months ago by Cinema Photographer
This is the best laptop i have ever had. I always had pc's and they always sucked. They get bogged down and slow down then they crash and burn . Read morePublished on July 25, 2014 by josh j schneider
I'm a gear-head by nature and live somewhere between art and computer science. I've adminstrated herds of iMacs and Mac Pro workstations, built Hackintosh machines and until I... Read morePublished on April 27, 2014 by 0ktopi
With this review I’d like to shed some light and hope to help those who are hesitating whether to buy a MacBook or a Windows notebook into making the right choice. Read morePublished on March 16, 2014 by Lucent Shade
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
See the Top Rated Laptops in our Laptop Reviews.