Libros en Español STEM Final Fantasy XIV

Showing 1-10 of 78 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 104 reviews
on October 5, 2014
For years I refused to move from PC to Apple. Tried it at a friends and hated it. Then, all of a sudden my PC laptop became obsolete, well I was running XP Professional, so this may not be a fair comparison, but it's the only comparison I can make.

After many smart people advised Apple, I figured that solid state and nearly free of viruses should be important (I actually needed this one for work). So I got myself an Apple notebook. Took just a few days to get used to the new OS, and now I can tell you this is the wisest decision computer wise that I'v ever done: It starts in seconds and needs no time to stabilize itself; it's quicker than my top of the line PC by light years, it is extremely friendly and ergonomically near perfect. The PC mouse that used to be the command center, which I swore never to let go, has been recycled and long gone: Apple's touch pad is eons ahead of any mouse you can throw at. Not only is Apple in another dimension, it is also a pleasure to work with. At times it seems like it guesses what I want to do.

Best advice I can give you if you switch to Apple is to spend a few hours with someone already familiar with Apple after (or before) you get yours, learn all key stroke shortcuts (which aren't that many), and smile all the way while using this computer.

As for the computer itself the screen colors and sharpness are outstanding (retina display), best ever seen; hard disc crashing (not that ever happened to me) a thing of the past, virus and virus protection a thing of the past, the frustrating time needed for Windows from switching it on to the moment it is ready to work: A thing of the past.
on April 7, 2014
This is my first Mac and I love the computer so far. The display is beautiful and will almost definitely look better than any other screen other than phones that you come across. The slimness and weight of the computer is definitely appreciated and makes a big difference when compared to the previous model. The keyboard feels great and the trackpad has worked perfectly. I would recommend this computer to anyone in this budget range. I cannot say that I would not consider the previous model, since many drives and ports (no CD drive) were changed with this model. Considering this, the price is more expensive. To pay the extra price for this model, one must place heavy weight on how much the improved display will mean to you. If having the retina display is not important to you it does not make any sense whatsoever to get this model. You will be happier with the cheaper previous model that includes the disc drive, Ethernet port, etc.
on August 2, 2014
I upgraded to this from a 2012 Macbook Air, and I am incredibly happy with it. While I am not necessarily a fan of Apple products in general (I use an Android Phone and Tablet, and a Windows PC and Media Center), I think that they really shine when it comes to laptops. They are small, portable, durable, and easy to use.

PROS
The higher resolution screen is incredibly good looking. I am loving the back-lit keys far more than I thought I would. I continue to love the fantastic Apple trackpad and incredibly easy to use multiple desktops.

CONS
The difference in weight between this and my old MBA is more noticeable than I thought it would be. I'm not super happy with the new mag connector for the power... it seems to come out far too easily.
on April 4, 2015
At this price, you expect to get a good product. And that's pretty much what this is.

The ease of use, the features, and capabilities of the OS are all there, and the performance isn't bad.

My complaints have to do with the physical design. The SD card slot is shallow, so standard-sized cards won't fit flush. They may think that if they make it easy to keep a card in the slot, people may use it for storage expansion rather than buying a whole new MacBook. Also, there are only two USB ports, one per side. I'd like to have had more.
on May 13, 2015
This is my first Macbook and I starting to loving it. Works very fine, very fast, and the graphic resolution is amazing. The only thing to complain is the memory storage (128GB) I hope that this will be enough for me. I'm a little worried about the programs to install because for storage I use an external disk that is more efficient if you like to go with some of your stuff with you.
on January 9, 2014
I have owned many Laptops Operated with windows Microsoft OS and i never felt the Quality i'm looking for after Spending hundreds of dollars.

Light-bulb *Flashed".. and thought why not give Macbook a try AND thank God i did, beside the high prices compared to other laptops this experience was Superb.

After accepting the idea of macbook i got confused between (macbook pro-retina) vs( macbook air), The (air) Basically was lighter (not much) and lasted nearly 15-hours which is 7+ more hours than( macbook pro). The air had less specs in all aspects than (Pro).

The (air) was the winner for me since i'm willing to use the laptop mostly for traveling and carrying it with me to college.

The (Pro) in other-hand wins the battle in case of specs (as i mentioned) but in case of my usage i wouldn't Care-less for the specs because i'm a light user (browsing,movies,chatting and facebook..ect).

***Note: The previous Confusion between Air vs Pro was Before I witness the RETINA in my Eyes.

After Experiencing Retina in the Store, I immediately Went for (MacBook Pro Retina). For me, Not seeing pixels on a screen was a game changer in my laptops experience, I cant simplify this more than that Retina screen worth every penny.
------------------------

* I gave this 5 stars because it was The Best laptop i have ever Used in my Life. No-Crashes,no-sluggish responses And after all a great Screen!!!

** I like everything about this laptop.

*** I recommend this for everyone, Only if you are so eager to have a crazy light laptop go with (Air) Although the (PRO) is not that heavy I take it everywhere i go with no problems.

Hope i helped. Thanks.

Edited: I bought Two for me and My DAD !! we couldn't be happier.
on March 19, 2014
I've own Macbook Pros since 2010 when I bought the 13in Core 2 Duo. I recently sold my Macbook Pro mid 2012 to purchase this one and I'm impressed.
The screen is amazingly sharp and the weight is about 1 pound less from it's predecessor. You can really feel the weight difference. Also the fan is significantly less loud in challenging tasks. So far, very satisfied.
on November 20, 2014
Got a great deal as a newer model came out. If this machine is still $200 less then do it! That minor bump isn't even noticeable. Don't forget to add to your account on iTunes.com. May help later with any wrty issues! Overall my first mac and i aint going back!
on July 7, 2015
Fast, beautiful screen. The retina screen really makes this product. Its hard to read on my older macbook air after having this machine. The newer versions have extra ram. Otherwise this is the perfect laptop for students due to its size and weight. have been using it for light photo editing using aperture with a tiny bit of lag, but otherwise its been flawless for the past year.
on April 30, 2014
Research Mavericks. Waking from Sleep and connecting to your Wifi is a known issue with plenty of users and known at Apple. NO KNOWN FIX YET. There are all kinds of remedies on the internet. Some are temporary and some just don't work. My real solution if I'm going to keep a Mac is to get one run I g Mountain Lion and upgrade once this glitch is fixed by Apple (I read one response in Apple forums that said this has been a known problem to Apple for almost 6 months, there had been 3 updates and the issue still exists)