Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Apple MacBook Pro ME866LL/A 13.3-Inch Laptop with Retina Display (OLD VERSION)
Workplace Solutions Best Kids' Books of the Year Amazon Fashion nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Electronics Holiday Gift Guide Starting at $39.99 Gifts for Him hgg16 Get up to $100 back on House Cleaning services westworld westworld westworld  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $89.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Outdoor Deals on Amazon

Showing 1-10 of 80 reviews(verified purchases). Show all reviews
on December 15, 2013
I gave this computer to my husband as a birthday present and he absolutely loves it! He formerly had the 15" MacBook Pro, and this new version's lightness and thinness (due to lack of a CD drive) pleased him very very much. The speed is remarkable, and unlike the MacBook Airs recently released, this has NO PROBLEMS with connection to WIFI nor any problems with dropping WIFI connection. The battery life is outstanding and under normal use (web browsing and email) lasts longer than apple's estimates.
on November 17, 2013
Great Laptop. During the first week it had a software problem that caused the mouse and keyboard to randomly freeze. Apple fixed it with a software patch already. Since then its been working perfectly.
on November 1, 2013
I waited for months for Apple to launch their new MacBook Pro 13" with the new Haswell processor and amazing battery life. However, the computer randomly freezes since day 1. It becomers totally unresponsive and only way out is to power off and back on.

Then I Googled "macbook pro haswell freezing" and I was shocked to see 1000's of comments on Apple Support Community about this problem. As of Nov/1/2013, it is unknown if it is a hardware of software problem.

Since this computer with new processor and new OS X Mavericks operating system is not reliable yet, I am returning mine. I will wait at least 6 months for Apple to solve current known problems.
88 comments| 77 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 22, 2014
I'm a small business owner and have to buy a dozen or more PC's a year. I've had every generation of PC since the 086 processor. I was leery about switching to Mac, but wish I had a made the move sooner. The MacBook is the best PC I've ever had. Out of the box it works perfectly. I can remote access my VPN at work with a free Mac app. The quality is much higher on these. I'm used to buying a few $2,000 PC laptops a year, with the expectation that those will last a couple years at most. The MBP will probably last twice as long. I'm not buying another PC laptop anytime soon. I never want to work with Windows 8.
on August 24, 2015
The difference between the "old" version of the MacBook Pro 13 inch w/ retina and the "new" version are negligible -- except I was able to save more than $500 on the "old." I've had to suffer with PCs for a number of years, glad to be back to Apple.
on May 28, 2014
its so good.
Does everything it has to do with no hiccups.
display is great

I migrated from PC to Mac just for the retina display but now that i own it theres so much to it then retina.
Its flawless and OS X is so superior.

I recommend it 10/10 .
on August 12, 2015
Macs...a totally overpriced computer. But, extremely nice and good quality. If you have the money to blow get one. Otherwise any windows machine at 1/2 to 3/4th the price with equivalent specs will do you just fine.
This was a huge (!!!!) purchase for me. Not just in terms of the cost (ouch), but because I've been a PC user since day 1.

I took the leap last year and bought an I-pad (another ouch) and I love it. Needing a new computer, I grappled with whether to go the Dell route (as usual) or to Apple. Believe me, I fretted, researched, sent email inquiries to people (thanks folks), and chewed some nails before pushing 'buy.'

Like anything new, there has been a learning curve for me, as I try to figure out what's familiar vs what's different with an Apple unit. Thus far, things are falling into place, though a lot of it is by trial-and-error; that, and looking for answers on Google.

Anyhow, I'm still a new-bee, but I like this. The screen imagery is amazing; the photo downloads are super quid; and the keyboard is easy to use. As others have noted, this is real lightweight; maybe a little heavier than a bottle of wine.

So, I'm in and here I go. If you're wondering whether to do the same, I can say yes, though it is helpful to have some prior experience with Apple products.
on March 23, 2014
I am a Mac User for the last 3 years. I was owning multiple versions of MAC BOOK AIRs , and I have decided to try the very similar specs of PRO.

It is definitely heavier than AIR (200 grams) which you notice only when you play with it at home. It is slightly smaller in WxL dimensions, which I like. I also like the thinner black frame around the screen , compare to the silver one on AIR.
Battery life is highly dependent on what yo do , and how you manage your applications and screen brightness.
If I am careful, I will manage to squeeze out 8 to 9 hours of battery life (compared to 12-13 hours on AIR).
But If I use a lot of SKYPE and/or Flash Videos (youtube) - than the battery can barely last for 3-5 hours, and the laptop gets EXTREMELY HOT and NOISY - Which I really hate.
Retina screen is nice, and I use it in 1680x1050 resolution , which gives much more screen space compared to 13" Air.
I simply can not comprehend why SKYPE is using so much processing power
Overall - it is a very good computer ( overpriced , like all Apple goodies) - it will serve next 2 years for sure as my single - all purpose laptop.
on April 13, 2014
The Mac Book Pro Retina 512 has been excellent so far. It is fast, lots of storage space, good battery life and apple support has been called twice. Each time the response was prompt and was just what I needed. That is rare in today's world. I transitioned from many years of windows products. The transition to Apple has been less of a problem than expected. There are a very few things I am dependent on that has no Apple version, therefore I had to install Windows. I chose Windows 8 and am not yet comfortable with that program. It is radically different from Windows 7. The installation was simple once I understood. The step by step wasn't clear. Overall, I have been well pleased. Delivery from Amazon was prompt, though it did require a signature and I wasn't told of that. The signature should have been expected due to the price of the item. Overall, I am very pleased with the purchase. The screen clarity is simply amazing.