Your Garage Luxury Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Mother's Day Gifts hgg17 Book House Cleaning Catastrophe Catastrophe Catastrophe  Introducing Echo Look Starting at $89.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now disgotg_gno_17

Showing 1-10 of 81 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 102 reviews
on December 15, 2013
I gave this computer to my husband as a birthday present and he absolutely loves it! He formerly had the 15" MacBook Pro, and this new version's lightness and thinness (due to lack of a CD drive) pleased him very very much. The speed is remarkable, and unlike the MacBook Airs recently released, this has NO PROBLEMS with connection to WIFI nor any problems with dropping WIFI connection. The battery life is outstanding and under normal use (web browsing and email) lasts longer than apple's estimates.
on November 17, 2013
Great Laptop. During the first week it had a software problem that caused the mouse and keyboard to randomly freeze. Apple fixed it with a software patch already. Since then its been working perfectly.
on November 1, 2013
I waited for months for Apple to launch their new MacBook Pro 13" with the new Haswell processor and amazing battery life. However, the computer randomly freezes since day 1. It becomers totally unresponsive and only way out is to power off and back on.

Then I Googled "macbook pro haswell freezing" and I was shocked to see 1000's of comments on Apple Support Community about this problem. As of Nov/1/2013, it is unknown if it is a hardware of software problem.

Since this computer with new processor and new OS X Mavericks operating system is not reliable yet, I am returning mine. I will wait at least 6 months for Apple to solve current known problems.
88 comments| 77 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 11, 2014
During the first week of use, the macbook started locking down constantly until the where that I couldn't use it for over 20min. Then I took it to the Apple repair center in Brazil and they found out that the video card was not working and since it's integrated with the motherboard, they had to replace the entire motherboard. After repairing, it seems to be working nicely, therefore I feel like I have a refurbished laptop. And I bought a macbook just because I thought it would not happen with an Apple device.

Now talking about the laptop itself, it's awesome. It's fast, powerful, light, beautilful and the retina display is great. Texts are more legible than ever, images are displayed greatly. I would be definitely be in love with this macbook if it wasn't for the initial issue with the video card.
on April 22, 2014
I'm a small business owner and have to buy a dozen or more PC's a year. I've had every generation of PC since the 086 processor. I was leery about switching to Mac, but wish I had a made the move sooner. The MacBook is the best PC I've ever had. Out of the box it works perfectly. I can remote access my VPN at work with a free Mac app. The quality is much higher on these. I'm used to buying a few $2,000 PC laptops a year, with the expectation that those will last a couple years at most. The MBP will probably last twice as long. I'm not buying another PC laptop anytime soon. I never want to work with Windows 8.
on May 28, 2014
its so good.
Does everything it has to do with no hiccups.
display is great

I migrated from PC to Mac just for the retina display but now that i own it theres so much to it then retina.
Its flawless and OS X is so superior.

I recommend it 10/10 .
This was a huge (!!!!) purchase for me. Not just in terms of the cost (ouch), but because I've been a PC user since day 1.

I took the leap last year and bought an I-pad (another ouch) and I love it. Needing a new computer, I grappled with whether to go the Dell route (as usual) or to Apple. Believe me, I fretted, researched, sent email inquiries to people (thanks folks), and chewed some nails before pushing 'buy.'

Like anything new, there has been a learning curve for me, as I try to figure out what's familiar vs what's different with an Apple unit. Thus far, things are falling into place, though a lot of it is by trial-and-error; that, and looking for answers on Google.

Anyhow, I'm still a new-bee, but I like this. The screen imagery is amazing; the photo downloads are super quid; and the keyboard is easy to use. As others have noted, this is real lightweight; maybe a little heavier than a bottle of wine.

So, I'm in and here I go. If you're wondering whether to do the same, I can say yes, though it is helpful to have some prior experience with Apple products.
on March 23, 2014
I am a Mac User for the last 3 years. I was owning multiple versions of MAC BOOK AIRs , and I have decided to try the very similar specs of PRO.

It is definitely heavier than AIR (200 grams) which you notice only when you play with it at home. It is slightly smaller in WxL dimensions, which I like. I also like the thinner black frame around the screen , compare to the silver one on AIR.
Battery life is highly dependent on what yo do , and how you manage your applications and screen brightness.
If I am careful, I will manage to squeeze out 8 to 9 hours of battery life (compared to 12-13 hours on AIR).
But If I use a lot of SKYPE and/or Flash Videos (youtube) - than the battery can barely last for 3-5 hours, and the laptop gets EXTREMELY HOT and NOISY - Which I really hate.
Retina screen is nice, and I use it in 1680x1050 resolution , which gives much more screen space compared to 13" Air.
I simply can not comprehend why SKYPE is using so much processing power
Overall - it is a very good computer ( overpriced , like all Apple goodies) - it will serve next 2 years for sure as my single - all purpose laptop.
on April 13, 2014
The Mac Book Pro Retina 512 has been excellent so far. It is fast, lots of storage space, good battery life and apple support has been called twice. Each time the response was prompt and was just what I needed. That is rare in today's world. I transitioned from many years of windows products. The transition to Apple has been less of a problem than expected. There are a very few things I am dependent on that has no Apple version, therefore I had to install Windows. I chose Windows 8 and am not yet comfortable with that program. It is radically different from Windows 7. The installation was simple once I understood. The step by step wasn't clear. Overall, I have been well pleased. Delivery from Amazon was prompt, though it did require a signature and I wasn't told of that. The signature should have been expected due to the price of the item. Overall, I am very pleased with the purchase. The screen clarity is simply amazing.
on June 19, 2014
The build quality here is superb! The screen is amazing and does not glare when viewing at different angles! That's a huge plus when watching movies with someone, one of us would always tilt the screen ever so slightly before on the toshiba.

The keyboard is super solid and responsive and nobody makes a better mouse interface than apple, the glass touchpad is accurate, very responsive and a joy to use with gestures.

This thing is like having an ipad with a keyboard, it comes on as soon as you open it up and boots up in a couple of seconds.
You never hear the fans due to the design, it's meant to hit two different sound frequencies so they stay quieter.

Overall, a very sweet machine to use.