|Screen Size||15.4 inches|
|Screen Resolution||1440 x 900|
|Max Screen Resolution||1440x900 pixels|
|Processor||2 GHz Intel Core i7|
|RAM||4 GB SDRAM|
|Memory Speed||1333 MHz|
|Hard Drive||500 GB SATA|
|Graphics Coprocessor||AMD Radeon HD 6490M|
|Graphics Card Ram Size||256 MB|
|Number of USB 2.0 Ports||2|
|Average Battery Life (in hours)||7 hours|
Apple MacBook Pro 15.4" Laptop - 500 GB HARDRIVE - i7 QUAD-CORE - MC721LL/A
There is a newer model of this item:
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
Although I truly enjoy PCs and will still continue to keep and use my PC laptop, I felt it was time for a change. It took minutes to load up videos and photos, and I was starting to get very frustrated with the entire process. I hadn't considered purchasing a Macbook Pro before, because I felt the cost wouldn't be worth it. I spent over a month researching and reading and watching reviews. I finally took the leap. The following describes features of the Macbook Pro that I find important to an everyday user.
External Appearance: I sometimes look at the laptop and get surprised by how thin it is. However, once I lift it up, I am surprised again by how heavy it is. Apple has done an amazing job at creating a laptop that thrives on outward simplicity. The cold aluminum feels strong and almost indestructible. The Magsafe adapter is a great feature to have, especially if you need to connect your laptop and sit further away. A trip over a cord easily separates the adapter from the laptop, and nothing is harmed. At first I was surprised that there were only two USB ports, but I can't imagine a time where I will need more than two. The difference I noticed from my other laptop is that there is a lack of ports which might add to the fact that it has an incredibly simple design and that it uses only what it needs. What it thrives on is what's inside.
The Screen: I was originally considering getting a large monitor for the Macbook Pro, so I could easily edit documents and pictures. It's not worth it. Even watching Youtube videos looks great. I was looking at pictures taken on a simple point and shoot camera, and they looked phenomenal on the screen as well.Read more ›
The primary upgrade to this revision? The processor! Intel has a brand new architecture called Sandy Bridge, and these MacBook Pros are the first Macs to feature this technology. Some have called it some of the most significant changes to Intel architecture since Pentium 4 was introduced. These 15-inch MacBook Pros as well as its big brother, the 17-inch, not only take advantage of Sandy Bridge, but the Quad Core i7 Variant. Quad Core processor in a notebook Mac! Wow.
I actually chose the 13-inch model for my personal use (only Dual Core on the 13-inch), but this 15-inch is replacing an aging iMac at the office to save space and leap over its performance. These Quad Core Chips are amazing. Early benchmarks are showing this entry-level 15-inch, 50 percent faster than the upper end i7 15-inch MacBook pro from a year ago. A dramatic improvement. Furthermore, if you're still on a Core 2 Duo machine such as the iMac I am replacing, the performance is as much as 2.5 times faster. At least in terms of the processor. This is most beneficial in processor intensive applications, for consumers such applications are iMovie and Garageband. Professionals will see the new processors beneficial in any professional photo editing, video, or music work.
One downside is that due to cost, the machine still comes with a spinning hard drive standard. In this case, the standard drive is a 5400 RPM 500 GB drive. That offers plenty of storage, but is slightly slower than a desktop 7200RPM drive and much slower than a new, solid state drive. You do have options.Read more ›
NOTE: This laptop is mostly used for motion graphics and photography.
- Intel i7 quad core - Amazingly faster than my Core 2 Duo. The name itself makes me jiggle: "Intel i7 quad core"
- Unibody Action - The overall look and feel of this laptop is solid. It's a few ounces lighter than the 2006 MBP and much more thinner.
- Firewire 800 - Just about all my drives are either Firewire 400 or Firewire 800 so I'm extremely thankful that Apple included this.
- Keyboard - The keyboard took a bit of time getting used to compared to my the 2006 MBP because the keys are spaced out vs being flushed side by side. I actually like the black keyboard layout because now I'm no longer hitting the wrong keys when super typing. I also like how the keys are flush-level with the rest of the laptop surface preventing the common keyboard dirt ghosting that was apparent with the pre'UniBody set-ups. Thank goodness.
- AMD Radeon HD 6490M Graphics card - Working in 3D - Cinema 4D to be exact... the AMD Graphics Card is a beast. It does what it does and very well at that.
- THUNDERBOLT - Having this feature makes me feel powerful. Like the the Mighty Thor or Zeus. Unfortunately, there aren't any accessories or peripherals currently out that support this new technology but with Canon and Lacie working on new gadgets that will, it's got me on the edge of my seat waiting for em.
- Battery Life - Goodness Gracious: A 7 Hour Battery life?Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
The charger stopped working and I haven't been able to use it. The computer was a bit broken and I think I wasted my money, sadly.Published 9 days ago by Amazon Customer
Good old Mac, still going strong at 2016, with modded 8GB ram, 256GB SSD, 1TB 2.5" HDD at CDROM Bay.Published 2 months ago by Linkin Pork
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
See the Top Rated Laptops in our Laptop Reviews.