|Screen Size||13.3 inches|
|Screen Resolution||1280 x 800 pixels|
|Max Screen Resolution||1280 x 800 pixels|
|Processor||2.53 GHz Intel Core i5|
|RAM||4 GB DDR3|
|Memory Speed||1066 MHz|
|Hard Drive||250 GB mechanical_hard_drive|
|Graphics Coprocessor||NVIDIA GeForce 320M|
|Graphics Card Ram Size||256 MB|
|Wireless Type||802.11 a/b/g/n|
|Number of USB 2.0 Ports||2|
|Average Battery Life (in hours)||7 hours|
Apple MacBook ProMB991LL/A 13.3 Inch Laptop
There is a newer model of this item:
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
CHANGES FROM LAST YEAR
- $100 less
- 13" aluminum macbooks became macbook pros
- 2.53Ghz up from 2.4GHz dual core
- 4GB RAM up from 2GB
- led display has 60% greater color gamut than previous model
- new advanced built-in battery that lasts up to 7 hours vs 4hrs
- FireWire is back (after all the complaints of first model)
- SD card slot (replaces express card slot)
- new models now come with iLife '09
- separate digital audio input is gone
- new model uses the same integrated mic and headphone port as the iPhone
- finally a price cut with a performance upgrade! i knew apple could do it. i was tired of paying for aesthetics and not performance.
- new Snow Leopard Operating System comes pre-installed! Same great ease of use with much faster performance!
- much better lcd screen! inline with the pro models...still glossy and still some glare but much nicer!
- backlight keyboard on all 13" models now! ( i really enjoy this as it can be controlled from low to high)
- battery life is significantly better than last year.( i get about 6 hours w/ regular use not the 7hrs that is reported)
- the computer is designed beautifully truly a head turner.
- iLife 09 suite is superb for pictures, movies, and music. Good software really does sell hardware.Read more ›
1) Need to run Windows with BootCamp, Parallels, or VMWare - I purchased VMWare thinking I would need it, but haven't even installed it yet. Most everything I need comes with the Mac, or is available on the Internet for free. In fact, I have not purchased any software for the Mac, other than a word processor / spreadsheet application. All file formats I use and/or create (PDF, DOC, XLS, JPG) can be passed between my Windows work machine and Mac w/o issues.
2) The small form factor of this laptop, within the aluminum case make this a joy to fold up and carry around. With any of the Windows laptop I have used, when you unfold the machine and start to use it again (waking from standby), you are not sure if the machine will wake up correctly, be connected to the Internet, etc. The Mac works flawlessly in this respect, in that you open it and its ready to go in a few seconds.
3) The screen / video is great. I am sure you can get the same screens and video hardware in Windows based laptops, but you will have to pay a bit more. Thus, for the hardware you get, you don't a lot more for the Mac than Windows PC (at least for the 13" model)
4) The machine is quiet, and you never hear the fan running. I laugh as I write this as my wife's Toshiba fan is kicking in, making this terrible whirling noise.Read more ›
When at home, I planned on hooking it up to an external display for more critical post processing work, so a 13-14" notebook was perfect for my needs.
I seriously looked at the Macbooks because of the thin and light form factor, build quality, and I wanted to take a serious look at OSX Leopard after having so much fun with my iPhone 3G. Plus I could run Windows apps (I've got Adobe Design Standard CS4 for Windows) with virtualization software.
These refreshed Macbooks finally make the lineup truly worth considering for those looking at a Mac over a PC. Spec wise, these new macbooks are much more comparable to their PC competition (eg. Dell Studio XPS 13).
I picked up the 2.53GHz model because with the education discount and free iPod Touch promotion (through Apple), making the jump up to the higher end 13" was a no brainer. According to early Macworld speed tests, the performance differences between the two new 13" MBP models is more than just 2GB RAM.
- Rock solid build quality. My wife's Dell Inspiron 15 feels like a plasticky toy in comparison.
- Thin and Light (not quite MacBook Air, but you're not making the same compromises either)
- OSX Leopard (and all that entails)
- **NEW** Display. Vastly improved over the previous unibody MacBook. Now on par with 15" models. I do find myself adjusting the angle of the display to minimize reflections, but it's not as distracting as people are saying. It's all a matter of personal preference though.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Purchased April 20th and already today May 4 th the battery doesn't work and the fan is loud! 😡Published 2 months ago by Amazon Customer
The screen has an area in the middle which is damaged so the picture quality isn't great on my screen. Read morePublished 2 months ago by Amazon Customer
I've only had it two days but so far I'm in love with it. Bought it from a Fulfilled by Amazon seller and that didn't disappoint. 2 day delivery. Read morePublished 3 months ago by Jason E. Harrington
Bought this last semester and the WiFi already quit!Published 4 months ago by Victoria Stewart-Meyers
I have been very satisfied with my used Mac Book. It is in good condition and will have a few extra years of usage at a very reduced price from a new laptop.Published 5 months ago by andrea saueressig
I had previously MACs. But this has been the best. I bought in 2009 and so far I've only had to change the battery. Rest everything worked perfectly. I recommend it 1000000%Published 6 months ago by Alberto Leon
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
See the Top Rated Laptops in our Laptop Reviews.