Your Garage Luxury Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Samsung S8 Launch Limited time offer Wickedly Prime Handmade Mother's Day Gifts hgg17 Book House Cleaning Catastrophe Catastrophe Catastrophe  Introducing Echo Look Starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Trade it in. Fund the next. National Bike Month on Amazon disgotg_gno_17

Showing 1-10 of 253 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 270 reviews
on September 24, 2016
If you're looking for an Apple branded product this is not it. I received a knockoff charger and after looking at other Amazon listings found this item priced much lower and clearly advertised as a third party item.
review image review image
on January 11, 2017
This is NOT a genuine Apple product! Does not come in standard Apple box and has Chinese stickers on the adapter.
review image review image
on February 15, 2014
No piece of equipment is perfect, but the fact that I'm replacing it after less than a year bothers me a little. I'm a stage electrician by trade, so I like to think I know something about cable management and care. Maybe I'm wrong, but I feel like it's a little early for the cord to start failing.

Also as many others have stated, Magsafe 2 with the thinner magnet was a step in the wrong direction.

But it does work, and it did show up on time.
33 comments| 44 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 23, 2017
This is not a genuine apple product- it is a cheap knockoff. Spend the extra 3 dollars to get the $79 genuine apple adapter- don't take a chance with 3rd party generics which could be dangerous...I returned mine immediately.
on December 29, 2016
I wish there was a high-quality item available from someone other than Apple. This is grossly over-priced and not durable. Both my daughters' cord needs replacement. One has the wires taped with Hello Kitty duct tape and this was a replacement for the other. The cords frayed, exposing wires. They are both discolored and have turned brown. I have to wonder if they are a fire hazard. You would think Apple could make a durable product...
on October 13, 2016
Well, it works. I got what appears to be true Apple product. Good quality, nicely packaged, etc. But I'm sorry, it's overpriced. Since my Macbook Air power adapter cords have just fallen apart after a while, which seems to be a design flaw on Apple's part, I shouldn't need to pay $80 each time I replace one. Apple, can't you fix that?

In the meantime, this one is what I needed.
on March 26, 2017
Mine started fraying and the wires exposed so I needed a replacement since I had a major school project due and could not afford to lose power. This is definitely great Apple quality. However I just wish Apple would improve the materials and upgrade because this happens with every cord on all their devices. I have been through so many lightening cords it's ridiculous. I started buying the cable cords. I hope this lasts longer than 3.5 years that my other one did. Too bad these are 3 times more expensive than PC cords.
on November 12, 2016
It died one month and three days after purchase. It seems Amazon's policy changed so one isn't able to return it after one month exact.
So I basically wasted $80 for nothing.

Prior to this one, I had the last cable for years with no problem. I'm not sure whether it's because it's a new model or what.
on December 20, 2016
Expected this cord to not last as long as a legit apple one but it broke on me after 1 week. For the next 2 weeks I could get it to work if I messed with it enough but after that wouldn't work at all.
on February 23, 2017
Legit Apple charger, packaged in Apple box with shrink wrap. Works as it should. Wish I didn't have to keep replacing these chargers due to a cat who thinks the skinny cable is feline spaghetti!