Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Most Anticipated Fall Children's Books Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited Get 10% cashback on thousands of musical instruments with your Amazon.com Store Credit Card Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held GNO Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 834 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 884 reviews
on November 28, 2015
This came looking brand new...too bad only a month and a half later, it stopped working. There is no visible external damage to the wires, brick, or magnetic connector. It just stopped charging all together. The light does not come on when connected and my macbook is continues to be dead and useless. This is the third charger ive had die in the past 6 months. Im at my wits end and dont have the budget to shell out for another.
on August 29, 2014
Works as described. Three stars given solely because of Apple's terrible design - which ensures that these reliably fail after a year or two of regular use.

Aftermarket adapter makers could improve on Apple's garbage - but, for one reason or another, none do. All of the knock-offs - and I've tried three separate vendors - are even worse. (The rectangular bricks often sold as an alternative to this one hiss loudly - defective transformers? - and often fail to satisfy a typical Macbook's power requirements.)

Buy this, but reconsider your choice of computer vendor.
on March 8, 2014
My order was fulfilled by Apple and arrived in the usual Apple packaging, with an AC cord. I already had 2 adapters and bought this 3nd one on Amazon so I could stash them in different parts of the house and not have to drag a single adapter around. One's in my home office, another under the living room couch, and third in my bedroom. I think wear and tear might be reduced by not constantly plugging and unplugging.

True story - a year ago, when I went to an Apple store to buy the second adapter, I searched the shelves for an 85 watt but couldn't find any. A store employee came over to help, realized they were all out, and told me he'd be right back. He went into the storeroom and returned a few minutes later with an adapter and AC cable in his hand. It was loose - no packaging.

Here," he said, handing it to me. "Take this one." I didn't want to take it because I wanted a brand new, unopened adapter, in its packaging. But I took it, reluctantly. I asked him how much it would cost since it was already open.

"Don't worry about it. No charge. Thanks for visiting the Apple Store," he chirped. I just stood there in shock as he walked away. The guy just saved me $80 plus tax. My already high regard for Apple increased even higher that day.
on April 1, 2016
After my OEM charger burnt out on me last year, I was really hesitant to spend over $100 on a battery for my super old MacBook Pro late 2008 (first gen with the new unibody). But my MacBook still runs like a champ thanks to some upgrades I did to it so I definitely needed a new charger.

I bought this from Amazon thinking it would probably be a knockoff version but to my biggest surprise, it is the real deal. Yes, they do feel cheaper than the original one that came with my MacBook but still works great if you take care of it. I am not one of those people who toss their stuff all over the place and mistreat them, so I think that's why it has lasted me for a good while now without anything happening to it.

Works great and keeps my Macbook charged!
on November 22, 2015
These look good, work well, and do their job; until the inherent manufacturing defects surface and cause usability issues. In my case the transformer shorted out, melting a section of the wire that connects the transformer to the Macbook Pro.

I bought a charger in December of '14 (writing this review in November of '15), and I was able to take a copy of my amazon purchase to the Apple Store to get the charger replaced since it's still under warranty, but only after talking to manager and showing him the defect.

P.S. Thank you for the help Danny (Manager of the Apple Store at Haywood Mall in Greenville, South Carolina); you were a big help and you saved me a lot of time and stress as the other floor employees at the store were trying to convince me to make an appointment for Thanksgiving weekend simply to replace a shelf item that's protected under warranty.
on July 10, 2015
I have been a Macbook user for six years and have gone through as many chargers. No one except an Apple die-hard would ever rate any charger for the Macbook higher than four stars because they are all terrible and they all break within a year. But this one is legitimately from Apple. It has a weightier, more substantial feel than most knockoffs (even the ones just $15 below this price point). I know buying chargers over and over for your computer is annoying as hell, and usually I'm one to spring for a deal, but after years of trying all the knockoffs I have to recommend that people just bite the bullet and buy this.
on February 7, 2016
I want to clarify that I put 4 stars instead of three to let you know that this is a genuine apple product, charges my macbook pro 17" quickly and well, but I docked a star and almost considered putting 3 stars because this is my THIRD CHARGER and they break so easily and apple has made it so that you have to keep buying only this particular charger.

Come on apple... I love your machines, but the accessories need work. These suckers are expensive, give me a quality product that will last as well as your electronics. Please.

But its a genuine able charger, amazon shipped it fast because they rock, but I wish there was a better quality charger out there for my pro. I hate throwing away 75$ on this every three years.
on December 30, 2014
My original charger met a similar fate as many of my fellow reviewers. I too had an issue with the wire becoming exposed, and soon after, having to scramble for a new charger. As much as I'd like to talk about how "uncool" (to put it nicely) it is of Apple to continually manufacture a product that does not stand up to the standards we as costumers deserve, I will not. Mainly because most of what I have to say has been said in the other reviews.

I will however, say that this replacement charger saved me big time. Twas the week before finals when my charger died. Not ideal for a college student with 3 papers to write. The charger arrived quickly (thank goodness for free 2 day shipping!). I've had it for over a month now and it still works like a charm. It arrived in its original packaging and all the extras that come with the charger. I was very pleased!

This time around I will try to be way more careful with how I handle my charger. May have to invest in a sticker that says "FRAGILE" and stick it over the apple logo. haha, but in all seriousness, I'm hoping this charger will last me for a long while. I can't be shelling out 70 bucks all the time! But if I ever need to buy another replacement charger I will most likely buy from here again and save a few bucks.
on January 5, 2015
I love Apple, I hate this item. This is the 3rd time I have had to purchase this power adapter. Not because of defects, but because the cord has a terrible history of fraying at the connection point to the brick. Since this has happened so many times, I now use a Python Cord which helps reduce the stress on the cable at that point. It has helped greatly so far, and I have had this charger for 6+ months. If it makes it to a year, I will be pleased.

I highly recommend reinforcing your cord somehow, because it's not a matter of if it will break, it's when. This really only applies to those who are on the go and plug/unplug their power cord in a lot.

Other than that, it charges quickly, looks okay to compliment the device, and does the job.
on December 31, 2014
Little bit over a year later the cord became yellow and broke (see image). Today is Dec. 31 and the last date to return it was Dec. 8. I guess they made this item to last just enough time before the warranty expires. :(
review image