Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited Get 10% cashback on thousands of musical instruments with your Amazon.com Store Credit Card Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 52 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 57 reviews
on September 22, 2009
The footage is really fun to work with. This book is a top-notch tutorial on FCP7; taking a powerful and complex software package and simplifying concepts and methods. It is well-written and well-organized with the learner in mind (instead of just unloading a lot of information on the reader). I wouldn't mind a few more images, but it probably has more than most. Best to have some computer and graphics background. Even with that, it is still taking me longer than the book promises, to go through it. But it is worth every penny; this book is a great value.

To quote a concise and accurate review of the FCP6 edition of this book:
"By Vladimir Nagorniy (Hollywood, CA USA) - This book actually teaches you efficient work flows. All lessons designed in a really smart way, so your progress is well guided. Makes you learn keyboard shortcuts. The footage was fun to work with (not the usual snowboarders and surfers). Highly recommended."
on May 4, 2016
I had to purchase final cut pro for school and I feel in love with the program! The book was a recommendation to assist me at home. The book is very detailed and easy to read. Final cut is the only editing program I have on my mac and its the only one I need! Its easy to use and my final project are professional and flawless!
on June 9, 2017
Thank you very much.
on December 21, 2010
I'm rating this book as '5 stars', more for its ability to prepare me for working in the Final Cut environment. The book was a good primer (perhaps a textbook option for an entry level class?) and now serves as a good reference. I was able to easily learn Final Cut Pro because I read this first. Specifically I liked all the actual hands-on projects and tutorials/work files (something that is missing in the Kindle version - which I would only recommend as a reference book only). If you're starting out, or just need a good refresher, this is the book.
on April 21, 2010
This book is fantastic for anyone who wants to learn more about the Final Cut Pro program. I Learned more than I thought I would in the first chapter, it has certainly increased my productivity with the quick-ness and smooth-ness that I can now edit video into a rough final cut sequence. I'm a big Hands On learner and this book catered to that style more than any other book I have read on Final Cut Pro.
on March 11, 2012
Apple Pro Training Series are well written, easy to follow, learn by doing books. Final Cut Pro 7 as a book in the series meets the requirements I have in an instruction guide. The exercises build the readers knowledge chapter by chapter. After the basics are learned the book becomes a reference guide with a Q&A section and shortcut command key guide at the end of each chapter.

I recommend this book for anyone wanting to learn Final Cut Pro 7 quickly and efficiently.
on November 14, 2014
I skipped over a few things but this book really sped up my editing abilities alot! Most of the information in this book for editiing film shooting. By breaking down different edit points and how to handle each step of a directors needs. But this book will teach you the basic and show you some tips and trick to add to your project.
on October 11, 2011
I bought this book from Amazon and received it earlier than I expected. The packaging was simply awesome and it was good to get it in such a condition. I ordered the book for my classes in Video Editing and it is meant for the pros in the software. The book is very descriptive and takes you in depth to Final Cut pro. Not a book i would suggest for first time editors as it is kinda expensive. The CD that came along with it is good and the tutorials are helpful. A good book if you want to master Final Cut Pro 7.
on November 7, 2011
Editing on Final Cut has always been a little tough for me, I'm rather slow and methodical (I suppose that's how one SHOULD edit) but this book has helped me speed up my process considerably. I knew enough of the basics to get by and be functional but this book showed me faster, more efficient ways of editing. I've sped up considerably, learned a great deal and I'm quite pleased with my purchase.
on December 19, 2013
I got this for a class and the class ended up getting cancelled. So I still decided to go along and learn this program, and I loved it! This book was really helpful to learn the older FCP7, and since most of the shortcuts and techniques are the same through the newer version and even Premiere, it helped a lot!