Industrial Deals Beauty Summer Reading STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Shop Popular Services Paterson Paterson Paterson  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis Assassins Shop Now STEMClub17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 571 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 605 reviews
on May 10, 2014
The Apple iPad Mini is popular enough now that everyone knows why it's so great. It's a lightweight, diverse utility. I'll just highlight some of the new improvements and what I love about the iPad Mini with Retina over the previous gen iPad Mini.

Pros:
+ Free iWork suite with new iDevices! Free Pages, Numbers and Keynote. Just download them in the App Store.
+ Gorgeous retina screen aids in reading text. I'm a medical student and I read a lot of books and articles on my iPad mini. My eyes don't have to strain as much because the text is rich and crisp.
++ Fits in a lab coat/ white coat! Big bonus for other students in the medical profession
+ Incredibly thin and lightweight with a beautiful design. Nothing else on the market really compares to the aesthetics of Apple products, in my opinion.
+ Apple's App Store- no other online market comes close to the App Store. The selection in variety and premium content is bar none
+ iCloud - Building an Apple environment works flawless with the iPad Mini. My iCal syncs nicely, my contacts are added, iMessages auto-updates. All of my daily routine stuff is imported directly onto my iPad using iCloud services.
+ AppleCare for $99 extends your warranty to 2years and covers accidental damage

Cons:
- Like all beautiful Apple products, the casing is delicate and prone for chips and scratches. Buying a case is a must. This argument could go on for hours on buying a case to protect your investment versus "needing" to shell out more money for a $400+ product that can't handle normal wear. In my opinion, buying a case is more for resale value, as well as to preserve the beautiful aesthetic. If the latter is not as important to you and you don't intend on selling it at any point in the future- going without a case is acceptable too. (You'll just make a lot of people nervous)
- SquareTrade offers a 3year warranty for around $129 that covers accidental damage as well. They have a sterling reputation of BBB website and are well-known for their great customer service. It's a better deal than AppleCare, in my opinion. With that said, the beauty of AppleCare is that you can waltz into a store and have them fix it for you without dealing with a third party to either ship-n-fix (two day turnaround) or file for reimbursement from Squaretrade.
- No education discount for students or teachers

Additional note: Keep a lookout for promotions through Apple. In the summer they usually offer a "back 2 school" special that includes a $50 iTunes gift card with a new purchase. Also, Clearance on the Apple website usually has good deals on older models. iPad Mini Retina is a current gen and will eventually have clearance/refurbished stock as well at discounted prices. These items come with a standard 1-yr Apple warranty and you still have the option for AppleCare for 2yrs. These can only be purchased online and either shipped to your home or store. If you're patient enough with shipping and finding the product you want on clearance/refurb, then it's a great way to save money on a purchase.
0Comment| 116 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 3, 2016
I thought at the price we got these, they would be refurbished. We weren't too concerned about that, since these are for an 8yr old and a 9yr old.
Imagine my delighted surprise when theses arrived brand new and sealed! That only makes hem even better for Christmas!
They arrived on time without any issues.
on December 19, 2016
Loving the iPad Mini. Writing a review on the iPad mini now. Best price ever for a great iPad that SUPPORTS IOS 10. 32 GB is more than enough for my work and it has mostly replaced my laptop.
on February 21, 2015
For me, buying a tablet is a big deal. A did a lot of research before deciding on this model (mini 2).
So the big question is am I happy with my purchase? It's only been a few days, but so far I am thrilled. After more that a year of using my Android phone for web activity the Ipad is a dream come true. The size, clarity and speed are the highpoints for me (so far).
I did spring for the 32 gb and I think that was the right decision. What I'm discovering now is all of the amazing apps that exisit that were never an option with my phone. Who knew?!?

The only not great choice I made was the case/keyboard that I bought. The product is great, but I think I overestimated my need for a keyboard. The case I have is heavy, and it's hard to use the camera - which I use a lot. I think I'm going to get the one I saw with the removable keyboard. Then I won't have to hold the extra weight. Other than that, I am a happy camper!

Is it wrong that I haven't talked to my family since it arrived? No, I don't think so either!
on March 17, 2017
Love this. Bought for my son and I use it as much as him. Great picture and screen. No problems. Apple does it again. Hard to believe this is an older model because it is perfect. Pictures are not as clear as my iPhone, but I didn't buy it for the camera.
on September 8, 2016
Great compromise in size vs ease of use. Retina display is easy on the eyes and the mini is easy for me to hold in one hand. All around great product at a reasonable price. One thing to keep in mind, if you don't invest in a drop tested folio, you may find yourself buying a replacement, like me.
on June 12, 2017
This was bought to replace the original Nexus 7. I had been searching for awhile for a replacement but wasn't satisfied with what I was finding.
My granddaughter has a mini 2 and while visiting her I got to play with it and was pleasantly surprised at how it felt and especially how long the battery lasted. I don't claim 10 hrs but the mini 2 at least doubles what I get with the original Nexus 7. I'm also quite impressed with the quickness of battery charging.

It's taken awhile to master it's use coming from goggle and windows, apple is quite different but once mastered it's actually pretty intuitive.
All in all I'm very satisfied with the product, and service received from Amazon and the distributor.
on February 24, 2017
I love it I have had mine a month I use it 24/7 even when I sleep skype is going on it and it's givin no problems
on April 23, 2017
Once I received this ipad, I called apple to see if I could purchase the Applecare extended warranty (1 year, in addition to the 1 year warranty that is on all Apple products). The answer was no, and I was also informed the ipad did not even have Apple's 1 year warranty, since it was not purchased from an Apple authorized reseller. I'm returning this ipad. Maybe this is common knowledge, but I had no idea.
on March 1, 2016
Works great, my only complaint is the sound,s are not loud enough, can barely hear them. Everything now days is designed for people with perfect everything, hearing, vision etc. some of us are not in this class, unfortunately. Other people I know that have iPad mini,s complain about the same thing. They have a volume control so why not increase the upper volume, if it,s too loud for some people they can always turn it down.