Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Month Introducing Prime Wardrobe nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Made for you. Learn more. GNO for Samsung S9 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home Gift Guide Mother's Day gifts across Amazon Home Gift Guide Save $20 on a Deep Cleaning Appointment westworldS2 westworldS2 westworldS2  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop now Start your Baby Registry

Apple iPhone 5 Unlocked Cellphone, 16GB, Black
Size: 16 GB|Color: Black|Change

on August 21, 2016
I've bought two iPhone 5 from this merchant, one in June and another in November 2015. Overall the phones are functional, but I've discovered refurbishment flaws that lead to my low overall rating. Soon after my wife started using her phone, she noticed that her battery charge was erratic (dropping from 60% to 10% to in a matter of minutes) and didn't last very long overall. After a few more months, we installed the app "Battery Life" (which I highly recommend) and we quickly figured out that her battery already had 700+ cycles and was in "Very Bad: 41% battery life level" condition. I contacted Resell Cell for assistance, and they responded "Im not sure how you would like for my company to test the battery life of a phone. there is no such way, we get our phones to 100% full, leave them on for 20 min and see what their % is." Well actually there is a quick, easy and accurate way to check battery life and that is with the app "Battery Life." Resell Cell told me "We do not offer any warranties on phones after 8 months. However, at a local repair shop, a battery change should not cost you more than $10-20." so I bought a Scanditech replacement battery (also highly recommended) on Amazon and changed the battery myself. While replacing the battery I discovered that the two screws at the bottom of the phone (near the speakers) were missing and inside the phone the protective cover plate for the LCD connectors was also missing. As best as I can tell, when Resell Cell refurbished the phone, they neglected to reinstall the cover plate and bottom screws. When I informed Resell Cell of what I perceived as a poor refurb, they replied "you threatening me with negative reviews is taken very serious." Sigh. At the end of the day, and after I replaced a battery at my own expense, both phones work pretty well, but Resell Cell seems to me to do some sloppy refurbs and have paranoid and unfriendly customer service.
0Comment| 30 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on February 4, 2016
NOT 5 STAR RATING!!!!!
I bought an iPhone in April of last year off this website and the description said "Brand new iPhone". I received the phone within a few days and it was beautiful. It came in the box, still wrapped in plastic, no scratches or scrapes, and it required me to go through the whole set-up process making me believe it was the real deal. The phone worked like magic for the first couple months up until about 3 months ago. I started experiencing issues with it like the phone would power off and reboot itself all day long for weeks on end and the phone was unusable. So, within the past couple weeks I have been in close contact with Apple support and no technician was able to figure out what was wrong with it. Finally, I go in to the Apple store and ask for help. The Apple rep was very helpful and very patient. After about 3 hours of sitting in that store, I find out that the "Find my iPhone" app is registered in someone else's name that I have never heard of before which is scary because thousands of personal pictures of mine have apparently been updating onto this email that the seller has control of. So, basically I'm sitting in the Apple store feeling completely deprived of privacy, when the rep comes up to me and tells me he opened up my phone and found multiple missing parts which are vital for the phone to work properly. It was missing the two screws holding the phone together, and about 5 other huge pieces on the inside, as well as sticky liquid, and writing all over the hardware. I was also told that the display of my phone were not even real apple pieces.. so basically this person bought a jenky old phone off Ebay or whatever and is selling them to people ($300 in my case) and is portraying them as real iPhone products. IT IS A SCAM!!! Don't give your money to these types of people. YES, it is more expensive in the store BUT they do offer amazing payment options when you buy them through Apple and you will be THE ONLY person with access to your information rather than some creepy dude form across the country. PLEASE be aware and be careful when you purchase ANYTHING off of a 3rd party seller, OR ANY SELLER because it's not always what you hope it will be. Luckily, the people at Amazon support are extremely helpful and I will be receiving justice.
on August 18, 2016
I've owned this for months now and it's never been quite reliable. I should have returned it when I could, but I thought maybe my wi fi was part of the problem....but that's turned out not to be the case. Four other phones in this household, a mix of I phones and androids all pick up the network without an issue. All too often, this phone loses network connection when nobody else's phone does, and our home wi fi network doesn't even show up as an option on this phone, even though the signal is strong. I have to turn the phone off and on again to get it to pick up our network. I've been very frustrated trying to use this phone. Also the battery life has never been great. Never lasts a full day, even from the start.
11 comment| 20 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on June 30, 2016
DO NOT BUY FROM THIS SELLER!!!! He sold this phone ILLEGALLY. For several weeks, I had experienced consistent poor to absent cell phone signal, a dull screen that failed to reach max brightness, and a short, low battery life. I went to the Apple store to troubleshoot if it's bad luck/spotty areas, or if the antenna was damaged internally. I came to find the phone was non-serviceable, meaning it was a defective phone to begin with, exchanged prior to being given to me, was supposed to be returned to the Apple store, and not in another person's possession but resold. After filing a claim through apple, they could not even track the phone's original serial number as it had been resold multiple times. When I asked this seller for a refund/return, he refused because it was beyond his 30-day refund policy. (the phone was bearable for the first 30 days)

Do not be fooled by this scam artist, or other scam artists out there who resell defective electronics. Be part of the solution:if your phone doesn't work, donate it for spare parts or return it to its original source. Always request a serial number and trace it before buying any electronic.

Apple iPhone 5 Unlocked Cellphone, 64GB, Black
on November 13, 2015
HORRIBLE!!! THE PHONE WOULD NOT TURN ON UNLESS IT WAS PLUG IN!!! AND EVERYTIME I TURN IT OFF I HAD TO PLUG IT IN FOR A BIT SO IT COULD START JUST LIKE JUMPING A CAR WHEN IT DONT START!!! THEY PUT ON THERE SITE THAT THERE PHONES ARE "FULLY TESTED AND FUNCTIONAL" WHICH IS BS!!! LOOK AT THE OTHER COMMENTS PEOPLE ARE LEAVING!!!
11 comment| 42 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on February 14, 2016
Bought it with great trust based on customer ratings and gave it to my dad in India.
Within one year the display blacked out. Had to spend thousands of bucks on repairing it. And now the speaker phone doesn't work. Since it is in India, couldn't even use the warranty. Also the shopkeeper said this phone was already opened by someone else as the camera was't in right position.
For the first time Amazon rating failed me. :(
on February 10, 2018
It discharges way too fast. The cord broke off without any pressure on it. I only wanted it to play games on it so I didn’t need a SIM card but it said I had to have one to use it. I called their help line and was told there was nothing I could do to bypass that until I told them I was going to return it. Then miraculously they decided maybe there was something else they could do. They put me on hold and asked someone else what to do. She repeated what she was told but could not understand any questions I had. She just kept repeating what she was told even though it had nothing at all to do with what I was talking about. I ended up taking it to a neighborhood At&T store. In very little time and for no charge they bypassed it for me. I can now play games on it as I intended.
on December 25, 2017
I bought this as a Christmas present for Daddy. It wasn't the kind of iPhone that really excites me personally, but it's a better version of his old work 5C and it was really something he never saw coming. It was so much fun watching him assign ringtones to everyone he cared about that he had @ all money to buy the ringtones for, and when all that happened it was really something special.

The weird thing is, I've got a 4S and I really don't think the iPhone 5 is as polished or as professional, but for someone who needed to know what @ all could be done with the iPhone 5C hardware, it's really a great starting point.

Neither Daddy nor I are the kind of die hards who use a phone enough to buy the latest technology, and I'm even more that way than he is (the 5C really helped with that on his end, while I liked some of the things the 4S and Daddy's old Sony Xperia TL had in common-things the iPhone 5 took away.

But as a Christmas present, it's a keeper for the person I bought it for-so much so that I'll buy it a case and Daddy will buy the iTunes gift card to get more ringtones!
on January 9, 2014
I bought this new 32GB white but I receive used 64 GB what's wrong with you? No seal, no film and the box looks so old!
33 comments| 99 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on June 19, 2016
there are a few reasons not to get this phone. The firs of which is that the phone came with a small amount of wear. I did not have a problem with this because it was hardly notisable. The second reason was also not very bad. The included headphones did not work. The real problem is that after about 4 months, shortly outside of the warranty, the battery randomly overheated. I had been very carful not to put strain on the battery. I did not over charge or let the phone die. Now the phone can barely hold a charge for a few hours when it is not being used. I am very angry at the seller for screwing me and apparently many other customers over. I highly suggest finding a more reliable seller.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.