Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Trade in. Get paid. Go shopping. Shop Now ToyHW17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 46 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 57 reviews
on August 17, 2011
Purchased this item from Amazon for $878.03, but it was sent by a 3rd party distributor - Worlwide Distributors. Again I PAID AMAZON almost $900 for a new cellphone. On the website, it clearly says there will be no returns on cell phones. HOWEVER, the almost $900 Brand New cell phone was defective out of the box. It could not even be turned on. Worldwide Distributors would not return my money and offered a refurbished phone in return, which I refused because I paid almost $900 for a NEW iphone. In researching this Worldwide Distributors company, the BBB gives it an "F" rating for how it deals with customers issues. My complaint is not so much with them, but more with Amazon, who backed Worldwide and would not provide me with a NEW phone nor reimburse me the almost $900 that I paid their company for a BRAND NEW cellphone, that again, did NOT work when it came out of the box. I can understand the policy to not accept cell phones back, but honestly cannot understand them not taking back a BRAND NEW - NEVER USED - UNABLE TO BE TURNED ON - cellphone. Shame on Amazon for caring more about the $878.03 they received for a worthless phone, than me, their valued customer. And shame on them for partnering with a 3rd party distributor company that conducts their business in such a questionable manner as to receive an "F" rating from the Better Business Bureau.
1818 comments| 188 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 8, 2012
Phone was supposed to be world GSM phone factory unlocked. When I put in the sim card it was locked. In fact was registered to At&t. The seller could not explain why the phone re-locked itself. They offerd to pay for shiiping back, unlocking phone again, and send back. Not confident that it would not re-lock itself, I opted to return for refund. Seller will charge up 15% re-stocking fee even though I did not get what I ordered.Phone is on it's way back to seller.
on March 25, 2011
iPhone 4 is the best phone I've ever had. I am very, very happy with this purchase. It's factory unlocked, so I am using it in Venezuela with Movistar, and I have all the iPhone services active
Pros:
1. Great design
2. Very good quality images and video (from main camera, and not so bad from the front one)
3. Great sound (with and without headphones)
4. The best screen you'll gonna find. Bright colors, best resolution
5. Thousands of applications
6. If you have an iPad and/or a Mac this phone is the best choice to keep all your data synchronized, and a full wireless access
Cons:
1. Firsts days, the battery life was a bad issue, but then I found that there is a service called "ping" that you can unactivate, and the battery life increased 90% (some days I even don't charge my phone overnight, and next day I still have 60% of battery)
2. High price, but it worth it
3. Sometimes I wish it would have a full qwerty keyboard, but right now I feel very comfortable with virtual keyboard

Important: There is no "antenna gate" issue with my phone
1515 comments| 49 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 7, 2014
I received my iPhone 4 today via UPS on the earliest day of the expected delivery range. I'm going to Walmart in 2 days to buy a sim card for $6.99 and get their Straight Talk plan for $45 a month. I already went to the Straight Talk website and put in my IMIE number (they give simple instructions on how to find it) and it says my phone is compatible. If I already had a sim card they give the option to hook up your phone online. when I first turned it on it walked me through a setup and I got an iTunes account, linked my email to the phone and enabled it to my home wi-fi network. So I am able to surf the web now and everything... The phone has all the stuff originally in the box, the box and instructions, and there are no scratches on it. I'm real happy. It is a iPhone 4 with 32 GB and the vendor I got it from is Sanford's Used Books. I paid $300.
on May 6, 2011
I bought this from GSM Import, a professional seller with prompt turnaround time (I got my iPhone within 4 days since I placed the order over on a weekend). The phone came in a sealed package, along with a Hong Kong charger(I know because I'm from there..) and GSM Import unexpectedly included an adapter for US users, which was quite neat.

Enough people have commented on the phone's functionality so I am just commenting on the unlocked feature, which was legit and not jail broken. As I linked my iphone to itunes, i got software updates automatically.
on September 1, 2011
I had this phone for almost five months, and I am still impressed by it. This iPhone is factory unlocked, and it does work with my GCI SIM after the many updates these past few months. The LED light is quite handy, and the front camera comes in use with apps like Skype.

Call, texting, data on 2G works fine. Can't do FaceTime, as GCI isn't an official Apple carrier. All iTunes apps work.

I've taking the phone out fishing many times. Slight rain fell on it (just enough to create small puddle bubbles on top of the phone) and it still works. I don't know how it'll be after heavy rain (most likely it'll die). But zip-locks work good for the heavy rain, and the touch screen still works with the phone in the zip-lock bag...just thought you'll like to know.

But all in all, this factory unlocked iPhone is worth it. I highly recommend it.
on August 3, 2012
This phone was not unlocked. The phone was advertise that is was unlocked. That was just a lie. The phone that I brought from this seller is still locked and everything I to do to get it unlocked dose not work. I was carrying the phone to Africa with me so I did not bother to make sure it was unlocked(that was my fault for trusting the seller)got here only to find out that it was locked. Called the seller and his only suggestion was to buy a Gevey sim card. THAT DID NOT WORK. Do not but from this seller. I only gave him 5 stars because the phone did arrive in good condition, but I did not have a sim card to make sure it was unlocked. I am very unhappy.
on October 20, 2013
Yeah, I don't hate it, it's just not for me. I miss simple stuff I can do on my Android, like storing any file I want, selecting lots of pictures to attach, share photos, music, videos or any other file with apps other then face or insta. I can't attach files on the e-mail app from inside the mail app, it's ridiculous, that's pretty basic! Hope iOS7 solve it.
on May 31, 2016
lasted a really long time, bought it when the 5 came out or maybe the 4s, cant remember but it worked until my mom lost it in the subway or was stolen. she even dropped it in a sink full of water and it was fine.
on July 26, 2011
I'm going to focus this review on the purchase experience from Amazon as there are thousands of reviews on the iPhone made by experts.

I bought this phone from FGS Trading (an Amazon registered shop, thus covered by Amazon policies).

Phone was purchased as a gift for my brother who lives abroad. So obviously opening the phone from its original package and use it for a couple of days to make sure it worked well wasn't an option.

I took the phone abroad then, my brother opened it, plugged it and surprise: iPhone restarted every 5 minutes. So a new, never opened phone with no apps installed whatsoever just kept restarting every 5 minute. We tried Apple's suggested recovery/wipe with no effect.

I talked to seller FGS Trading and they said: "Sorry iPhone was bought 5 weeks ago and we only cover first 4 weeks under Amazon policy, you have to deal with your NEW broken iPhone with Apple".

So, I guess the main message to all review readers is: NEVER BUY A GIFT FROM AMAZON UNLESS IT WILL BE OPENED/USED WITHIN 30 DAYS! Otherwise you risk getting a Factory Broken item and having to deal with all the hassle with the manufacturer.

THIS MIGHT BE OF PARTICULAR INTEREST TO ANYONE TAKING A GIFT ABROAD (WHO USUALLY BUY ITEMS WITH SOME SAFETY TIME).
22 comments| 98 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.