Oil month Automotive HPC Magazine Deals Introducing Prime Wardrobe nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Made for you. Learn more. PCB for select Bang & Olufsen Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home Gift Guide Mother's Day gifts across Amazon Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Hostiles available to rent Hostiles available to rent Hostiles available to rent  Kids Edition Echo Dot Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now TG18PP_gno

on August 10, 2016
The Ipod works fine. I use it primarily to listen to podcasts. This is the second 8th gen IPod I have owned and it has some annoying design problems. The selection wheel is not as responsive as I would like and I find when I am swiping it won't always move. It's battery tracking is pretty bad too. One I had would show the battery is at 75% then die less than an hour later. This time it will show that it is really low but last several hours. I have also had issues where it would close out the podcast I was listening to and transition into a song though it was pretty easy to get back to the podcast and it would start where it left off.
on July 7, 2016
I bought this for a birthday gift. She loved it, but soon had a problem. It wouldn't stay charged. Seems it won't turn completely off. After many people who have this iPod tried to turn it completely off without success, it was decided it was product failure. Sound is great and she loves how it works if it would just completely shut down and save the battery.
My wife has this ipod and she's used it daily for the last year and a half. Everything is still running fine on it however there are 2 items I want to mention.

1. The "lock" switch on top.
The previous generation of ipods was all metal, encased and built tough. This generation and from what I can tell the most recent ones as well have this rounded shape to them and the top lock button is held into place by a little white (or black on the newer model) sticker like cover. The cover popped off the other day and the lock button got lost so now we've lost the "lock" function of this ipod. I think it was a poor design. Apple really should have used a better material then a sticker to hold the button in place.

2. The plugs on the bottom
When my wife has this ipod plugged into her car car radio she really can't charge it as the two ports (headphoen and charging) ports are to close to eachother. If she forces it she can make it work, but a tiny more space would have solved that issue.

Overall it's a good ipod. Yeah it lasted a year and a half, but it could have lasted much longer had apple used a metal top with a screw or some other design rather then a sticker that relies on adhesive to hold it on. We looked at the new generation last night and they also have the same exact design flaw so we aren't sure what exactly we are going to do, it won't be buying the same design style ipod. Perhaps we'll go with the classic or touch.
on May 11, 2016
I can only give this 2 stars. It garnered 5 when it worked .... lasted roughly 6 months before it started acting up. I guess what can you expect from something so old and refurbished. I did eventually ditch it and opted for a Sony NWZE384 8 GB Walkman MP3 Video Player.
on January 8, 2017
Perfectly described and right on the mark. My only negative reaction was there was no user guide, however that was quickly appeased with a free trip to the Apple web site, where I found a fully presented user guide. It was rather lengthly but I only needed to print out a few operating instructions and then I bookmarked the complete guide to peruse as needed. And as an added bonus, the iPod was delivered two days earlier than expected!
on November 18, 2013
I should have known when purchasing an older ipod nano model that I would have this issue, but basically I bought this from ExpressMedia at the end of June and by October, the battery was completely worthless. It began only holding a charge for about 30 minutes beginning in Sept and now it works for about 5 minutes. It looks new, and functions completely fine, but just does not have good battery life, so I basically can't use this anymore.
on January 9, 2016
Works ok. Very finicky. Has some cosmetic scratches and some black lines on the screen. Had to buy 3 different chargers for it to hold a charge. It's OK for the price I paid however they didn't disclose this condition in the description.
on April 27, 2009
I bought this for my personal use. I use it all the time at work and it has excellent battery life. It's big enough that I just load all the music I have on my iTunes account and only listen to whatever play list I am in the mood for at the moment. I did have a slight problem being able to sync it but tried several things and eventually go it to work (which is the reason for 4 stars instead of 5).

I like being able to keep the current song playing while looking at other music and pictures. Good value for the money.
on June 14, 2017
I'm super frustrated... I got this so I could load playlist and be able to alter songs in I tunes. Have had since March - - so 3 months, and it has become unresponsive. Actually stopped working right before I was going to teach a class, and I had to resort to using my phone. With minimal use I certainly expected it to last longer then 3 months. Would NOT recommend buying refurbished.
on March 28, 2016
It sure lasted me like 7 years but now the only way I could use it is if I tilt it. So its time for me to buy a new one.