Industrial Deals Beauty Save up to 90% on textbooks STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning _baw _baw _baw  Introducing Echo Show Limited-time offer: All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis Trade it in. Fund the next. Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 2,593 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 2,843 reviews
on October 26, 2015
I LOVE my new Shuffle! I had a 2nd generation which stopped working. However, it was okay for me to upgrade to a newer version. I'll have to get used to handling this smaller-sized version, but that's not a problem. I'm really looking forward to the larger recording capacity. I use mine all the time - traveling, working out, walking. The best feature is the clip-on which means I use it hands free! No holding anything.

It was easy for me to pick and choose through my previous playlist to add to the new Shuffle.
on September 1, 2015
Update:
I've had it for almost 2 years now and its still working pretty well. The tracking works well with the Enhanced audible format so I just use that now. the connector seems to have a slight short as I occasionally have to twiddle with the headset jack and more often with the charging cable. Overall I'm pretty happy with it at this point.

Original:
Seems a durable and adequate music player but not that good for audio books. If you ever need to track through the book to recap or find your place the tracking goes from not for enough to too far in a heartbeat. It also gets confused if you disconnect it from your PC without "ejecting" (win 7). The clip holds nice and firm however if you're not careful when attaching and detaching - you could easily accidentally press controls.
Otherwise - the build quality seems solid, The sound quality is good. switching playlists/books with the audio menu works pretty well.
on April 24, 2017
My daughter LOVED this! She got it as a gift for her 12th birthday. The color is not a turquoise as pictured, though. It's more of a royal blue.
on January 11, 2014
I really wanted an iPod, but could not afford the iPod Touch or nano. So, I went for this one. It has really good sound and suits my needs. I download audiobooks from my local "Library 2 Go" and this is very handy for me to listen to audiobooks when I need something mobile. The only drawback is that I can't really download more than one item at a time to it, because they are too hard to find without a menu screen. As a basic "on the go" player it is perfect and I love the little clip. It does bookmark where I stopped in the audiobook, which is handy. The 2GB can hold approximately 2 large audiobooks, but as I mentioned, I only use it for one at a time. I did test how much of my music it would hold, just out of curiosity. My whole music library fit on it with room to spare. That is 66 songs at 751.5 MB, which is probably a lot less than most people have. The sound was clear and of good quality. The earbuds didn't fit very well, but I bought some silicone caps for them (from Amazon) that come in different sizes and this solved the problem. One of these days I'd like an iPod Touch, but for now, this works.
on August 15, 2016
Whenever I pull out one of these things, people ask how I can deal with being unable to see what is being played or choose songs. I never had an issue with that, as long as you keep a decent playlist. It's the best thing that a runner can ask for and great company on those long morning (and occasionally evening) runs. Thing is now three years old, battery life is still great and it still works like a charm. Absolutely would recommend getting a case or something larger to store it in, as it can be wickedly hard to find once lost due to how small it is. 2 gigs of memory is plenty for what it does, and I love the size and functionality.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon April 10, 2013
I have had several iPod shuffles over the years and really appreciate the simplicity and the compact size. Often, I clip the shuffle over the cables of in-ear headphones and wear it like a pendant on a necklace.

Thee older models deserved five stars but this one has several annoyances. (Fortunately, I skipped the model with on-cord controls only.)

This latest version is smaller with a larger control button and now it is so easy to hit the control button and change the track when using the clip because there isn't enough room for a thumb or finger.

The new on-off switch with the integrated shuffle function makes it difficult to turn the shuffle on and off without putting it into shuffle mode rather than sequential mode unless you actually looking at the switch.

As far as improvements, the simplified charging/synching cable is much easier to use and transport than the old one with the little dock.

Of course, I could buy a different brand of MP3 player such as a Sansa Clip and get more storage for the same price but the reliability of these has been excellent and they are so tiny and lightweight that I think they are worth it.
on January 25, 2013
I love this beautiful little tune-holder. Since I'm a Mac user, I can easily purchase my tunes or albums from the web and load them onto this light gadget. This newest model charges much faster than the older version (about 1 hour, compared to 3 - 4 hours). I confess that I have occasionally lost or misplaced an older model because it so lightweight. I then don't realize, as I'm untangling their cord, to put it away that I've dropped it. Or I don't remember where I've put it, then find it months later in a jacket pocket. They are about $50. So now I have 2 plus the iPod Nano. What also cool is that even on the small model, you can press the device at a specific place, and a voice will announce the name of the song and its singer. For those who don't know what else is neat, the iPod's green light turns to yellow to indicate its battery is getting low. You should charge it the next chance you have. I have learned the hard way that by the time its voice announces "battery is low", the the iPod stops playing in less than one minute. But I still LOVE it.
on May 4, 2014
Very satisfied with the Ipod Shuffle, this is my second unit used mainly when I walk and work out. The new Shuffle is smaller and more compact and lightweight, the clip has a strong tension making it easy to clip on a shirt-sleeve or shirt collar so no worries about it falling. The controls are all on one switch that is easy to use.
Thank you Amazon and the Wise Buyer for shipping to the CNMI, too many vendors don’t recognize our islands as part of the USA.

Like the large 2GB storage for tunes, only complaint is the earphone cord is kinda short but I’m sized challenged.

I recommend this product for anyone who wants to take their favorite tunes out with them and enjoy music anywhere anytime.
Si Yuus Masse Thanks
on June 29, 2017
I own 4 of these - FOUR - and none still works. Although one got wet, 2 are completely dead and the last plays maybe 40% of the time. I was sure that Apple quality would prevail. Nope -- just check the feedback on Shuffles that won't charge, won't stay charged, won't play, etc.
I took the intermittent one to the Apple Store -- 50 miles -- and they couldn't force the problem to recur in the store.
Not reliable enough by far, esp for a company that prides itself on quality.
The bands for the Apple Watch cost more than the Shuffle. There's a reason for that.
on April 18, 2015
Super light, small size, and the battery life is pretty good.

Everything's OK but the sound quality sucks. I used to have Ipod classic (audio quality was never great, but not that bad either)

and was expecting at least something similar, but the sound quality is just horrible. Even crappy Chinese mp3 players (like $5 ones with FX)

have better audio than this. Seriously, I use Aurvana air earphones so I can tell the quality pretty accurately. THIS SHUFFLE has nothing

but its cool look. I would still give 4 stars cuz the design is super dope and cool.