Beauty Oprah's Book Club STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Shop Popular Services TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 22 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 48 reviews
on August 6, 2013
You might need a firewire plug adapter to plug it in on some model Mac computers. These cameras only last 2 or three years with heavy use. They burn out or just quit working . I am on my third one. This tells you how much I like these cameras. Really good closeup pictures . I use this camera with iGlasses application for special effects and zoom on my Mac. You will get complete control of lighting and color adjustments. When i use this web camera people think it is a pre recording because of the sharp picture.
on December 3, 2016
This was a great cam to add to your Mac, but (as is typical of Apple) they never released proper software to make best use of this cam and have dropped support of the cam as well. Yes, you can still hook it up and use it, but may find yourself disappointed with the limited control of the cam, and lack of support from the latest Mac OS's. There is third party software which will make the cam much better to use, but tha too may find itself broken by Apple's relentless desire to obsolete our Macs.
on January 25, 2007
Video quality is excellent. The firewire connection and dsl or broadband provides some of the fastest responses in video casting with very, very little jerkyness. We recently had a video conference with our son and daughter-in-law from the birthing room in California after the birth of our granddaughter. Both of us were using PowerMacs and isight webcams. The video quality was great and I was able to take good digital photos of the baby directly from the screen. It was a great experience.

The connection was simple with ichat and AIM. I've also used it with gmail and skype with excellent results. I've used other video cameras of various quality, but the isight lens, auto focus, contrast and other features are the best I've seen. Firewire solves a lot of problems for both quality and data transmission/reception. It's very close to a real time, in the room experience.

I thought the cost was a little steep when I bought this unit a year ago, but the product is top quality and well worth the price.
on February 12, 2016
I thought this camera while ago and it was behind the times when I bought it but the style of the camera housing is just too hard to pass up going to have to look and see if anybody's at these yet because that might be the way to go by throwing a 4K or a 1080 P head unit inside of it to make it a little more functional /Up-to-date
on September 2, 2005
Apple's iSight is phenomenal. With its Firewire interface, it gives much better frame rates than most cheap webcams. Between teleconferencing with clients and the various iSight-compatible games, it's just a wonderful tool to have!

One minor caveat: there have been (so far) three revisions of iSight. I don't know what the difference is between Rev. A and Rev. B, but Rev. C comes with display connectors for late model Mac laptops, DVI Apple Cinema Displays, CRT monitors, and just plain old sitting on the desk. To attach it to your ADC display, you have to get the iSight Accessory Kit (sold separately), which Apple was kind enough to provide me for free. (One of their sales reps told me it would be in the package, so they made good on her promise; you, however, have been warned!) :-)
on September 1, 2005
I bought 2 of these so I could talk to my family while I was in Europe. I tested them out at home first and they worked great. All I had to do was plug the firewire cord in and iChat on our Macs launched automatically. Great video and great sound quality for a webcam. I took one to Europe and when I was at Starbucks on a T-Mobile wireless connection, I could only get a audio feed. I decided then to go find a Boingo wireless connection and the camera and built in microphone worked great, as I could see and hear my family. I'm guessing the video problems was due to the bandwidth restrictions that T-Mobile allows through their network.
on August 12, 2016
I love it it has to have adapter but it works a lot better than logitech on Mac Pro 4 Desktop.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 21, 2016
Sorely disappointed in this product. Audio didn't work. Love my Apple products, but not this one.
on July 4, 2009
We have been very happy with the isight on our other MAC. When we decided to get our son a MAC we got him the MAC Pro Desktop so no built in isight.

Found it was not easy to get an external isight but found it at Amazon at a great price for new in the box.

The camera quality as well as the audio are unmatched in my opinion as well as the fire wire connection instead of USB.
on July 18, 2007
The iSight camera gives a crystal clear image- so clear, in fact, that I
decided I needed to make myself presentable before our next conference!
It runs smoothly - no jerking, & within milliseconds of real time. I use this
w/SKYPE to talk w/my children & grandchildren in Israel. We feel like we are
in the same room. It is easy to set up, & I hightly recommend it.