Industrial Deals Beauty Summer Reading STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Shop Popular Services powers4premiere powers4premiere powers4premiere  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis Trade it in. Fund the next. Shop Now toystl17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 2,569 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 2,819 reviews
on August 28, 2016
This is the first time I've bought something on Amazon and felt duped by a seller. This arrived in its original package and the box it came in was not damaged, so it never occurred to me that a newly purchased Apple product could be defective right out of the box. I had bought this as a gift for someone, and I didn't open it before giving it to them to make sure it worked properly. (But honestly, who opens a gift before giving it to the person it's intended for?) Unfortunately, she didn't tell me it didn't work until many months later when I asked how she liked it. Sadly I'd already thrown away the purchase order by then. Besides after so many months I didn't think the seller would actually believe me about it never working.
on December 20, 2014
Good sound. I used these with Tork X-Pro motorcycle helmet speakers and it works great. I used Velcro to attach it to my helmet and it makes a great setup.
review image
on June 6, 2017
I needed a Ipod I could listen as I ran and walked. This one fit the bill. It clipped to my pocket quite easily and never became loose or fell off my pocket. This was a great product for the price and the battery life was magnificent. The only downside to this product is that you cannot specify what song you want to play by sight of course. You have to cycle through the songs until you find the one you want. The positive side of this is that it does say the name of each song as you cycle through them before it actually starts playing the song.
on January 12, 2016
I am rating this one star is because i am strongly dissatisfied with the battery life. The ipod itself work well, easy to sync, amazing sound quality and easy to use. But the battery life is so bad. On average it only hold charge max 2 hours of non stop playing music. Or for example, if i fully charged it at night, in the morning the ipod lose 50% of the charge. And the worst part is that it take 4 hours to fully charged. I do not recommend this ipod version.
on July 22, 2014
I buy nearly all my music on Amazon, so the music is in the MP3 format. I bought the iPod Shuffle to replace a lost Sansa Fuze because Consumer Reports said the Shuffle plays music well and because I had heard that Apple products are easy to use. But using it with MP3s is difficult. The music has to be converted to Apple's AAC format because the iPod, unlike most other digital music players, doesn't play MP3s.

The MP3 to AAC conversion took a long time and I'm sure there is some loss of quality along the way. But I went along with it and then found that the iTunes software refused to recognize that my iPod Shuffle was connected. After much wasted effort It turned out that the 1/8-inch multi-segment plug was not all the way in -- an easy error because it takes a great deal of force to get it fully inserted. Finally everything was working, and the Shuffle plays music It sounds good even though there is a theoretical loss of quality in the MP3-to-AAC conversion.

But you can't specify what it will play -- only whether it is in the sequence in which it was saved or in a random sequence. My old Sansa Fuze (which would be very expensive to replace now that it is out of production) was much better. You just loaded in the MP3s as they are, the connector presented no problems, you needed no special software, and you got to choose what to play. Why do people think that Apple products are easy to use?
on May 6, 2017
I bought this little guy specifically for my gym music because it's small, unobtrusive, and claimed to have great battery life. Sadly, I found that the battery life figure was based upon the assumption that a person would have the volume turned down to near zero. When you use this device at any reasonable sound level, the battery dies within a few hours of use. I literally have to charge it after every gym session. Since I specifically bought this for its claims of long battery life, to say that I was disappointed would be an understatement. It's just too bad that Apple rated their battery capacity way too optimistically.
on October 30, 2012
I had a classic Ipod 8g and it was just too much for me. I don't know that many songs and if I did there is no way to listen to them all. There was no place I could clip it on because it was too big. I bought this little shuffle and I am so loving it. It has just the right amount of songs that I can put on and it is easily able to clip onto anything. Sometimes I have it clipped onto my belt loop when I am at work I have no worries with it. This is one of the better technology toys I have. Small, pretty colors, price is affordable and the sound is great. What more can you ask for.
on August 8, 2016
I received this ipod in March, it worked for about a month and then I started to notice some static. The static would come and go, but now there's so much static that I cannot listen to it any more. It just doesn't play. I tried switching headphones, nothing works. I'm really disappointed in the quality of Apple products as of late. I've had many different generation of Shuffles and most of them lasted for years. I wish I could exchange this one for a new Shuffle, but it appears that I'm too late according to Amazon's return policy. Makes me think twice about buying another Apple product or buying gadgets from Amazon.
on February 1, 2016
I just threw my THIRD I-Pod Shuffle in the trash. (Yeah, you think I would learn, right?) My first one, bought at a big box store, lasted probably a year before the battery would no longer charge. My second one, purchased from Amazon, lasted about six months before the battery wouldn't charge. My third, purchased from Amazon, lasted about one month and now the battery will not charge and, yes, I tried both USB and a AC converter. I may be a little slow, but I've learned my lesson on ye olde No. 3. Don't buy these junk players.
on June 6, 2013
I love the Ipod shuffle, I really, really do- the capacity is not even close to what I need, but it's the perfect little, portable music accessory for working out, running errands, etc.

I bought this one to replace one that I had lost, and one that had stopped working (it was a few years old, planned obsolescence, blah blah blah), and it worked fine at first, but within a couple weeks, it started giving me problems.

My internet research seems to indicate that the errors I am experiencing are due to plugging the shuffle into a USB port that it doesn't "like". I have been attempting to plug the darn thing into ever USB I can find on my computer, to no avail. Still working on sorting the problem out.

Seriously Apple? Seriously? This device is gonna wig out because I plugged it into the wrong port? Disappointed. Very, very disappointed. And the kicker is, I will almost certainly buy another shuffle at some point in the future, because I am a tool.