Shop Auto Winter Products Beauty Best Kids Books of the Year Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. STEM Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Prime member deal on Amazon Video: 50% off select Pixar movie rentals Prime member deal on Amazon Video: 50% off select Pixar movie rentals Prime member deal on Amazon Video: 50% off select Pixar movie rentals  Three new members of the Echo family Save $50 on All-New Fire HD 10. Limited-time offer. $30 off Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now HTL17_gno

on May 15, 2015
Item as described. The registered code number inside the box is valid for MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Early 2015). I am glad I purchased this extended protection plan because usually after manufacture warranty expired it can cost a lot of money to get it fix if something wrong to the MacBook Pro. I would recommend this to everyone.
review image
9 helpful votes
10 helpful votes
on December 29, 2013
This is insurance - and hopefully you don't have to use it. However, there are a lot of issues that have been reported with the new retina MBP models (13 and 15) including creaking chassis, screens that have a great deal of yellow tint or uneven back-lighting and there is still some image retention issues. Some of these symptoms are non-existent for some, and for others, they have gone through 5-6 units before finding one that meets their personal requirements. The issue is that these issues can creep up well after your 1 year warranty expires and the most recent retina MBPs are no longer user friendly to replace parts (e.g. RAM soldered to motherboard).

Apple repairs are VERY expensive if you are not covered - so AppleCare is a no brainer for your expensive rMBP. It is expensive, but this vendor had it much cheaper than Apple and the registration worked fine for me - no issues and all legitimate. Ultimately it is up to you if you want to spend the $$ for the insurance, and in most cases I don't get extended warranties - but for my new 15'' retinal MBP - I like the comfort of knowing I am protected for 3 years with Apple's excellent customer service.
5 helpful votes
on May 15, 2014
Have a 15" macbook pro retina. THis is for the physical apple care box with the code inside, and not for an instant code via email. Either way if you have prime it is not a big deal. If you have a retina macbook pro you need to get apple care considering a simple repair can cost you upwards of $600.

My prior macbook I did not get apple care because I could replace most of the parts myself, with these retina macbooks you really want to get the applecare just in case.

Edit 6/7/16:

I got my MacbookPro 15.4" retina repaired for a track pad and screen issue. The total repair cost would have been $1,100. I am extremely happy I bought the apple care.
5 helpful votes
6 helpful votes
on November 1, 2014
The Apple Care Protection Plan offered by Amazon is the same as it is from the Apple Store -- only cheaper. In the past I'd bought the AppleCare Protection Plan from Amazon and installed it at home without a hitch. However, this time I had a problem, and had to take it to the Apple Store for help. I printed out my Amazon Invoice and brought it with me, and the tech installed it for me with no problem. I suspect that there are probably bootleg copies of the plan floating around, and Apple may be extra-sensitive about installations. However, since I had proof of purchase from an authorized reseller (Amazon), they were happy to install it (if you live too far from a Apple store, they likely would talk you through it on the phone as long as you have POP. And many people purchase from Amazon and install at home with no problem -- this is not a universal issue.)
Remember to save all your paperwork, and purchase and install AppleCare before the first year is up. Apple used to be more flexible -- you could walk in with an 18-mo old Mac with a major problem, and they'd sell you AppleCare and cover it -- but not anymore. And Apple isn't what it used to be -- major hardware problems crop up in the first two years with far more frequency than they used to (after failing on four attempts to repair my MacBook Pro, Apple actually had to replace it)-- so AppleCare should be considered the cost of doing business, and not an "extra".
on November 25, 2014
I ordered the protection with just days to go before the first year was up. But the Prime delivery was on time and I registered without incident. Here's a few things that someone else may want to know.

1. The protection covers the 13" MacBook Pro Retina model. The fact that it covers Retina is not made clear in the product description.

2. When I received the Amazon purchase confirmation email it said "Your protection plan service agreement will be sent via a separate e-mail by your seller." The protection I purchased was sold by Amazon so it wasn't clear what the "seller" reference meant. But worse, it made it sound like I would receive the agreement or at least the registration number in an email. I received no such email. I did receive a physical box on the day promised and that had the registration ID. Now having completed the entire process I think it means that when you get the registration information delivered and then register you can get the confirmation in an email which is what happened. See next item.

3. By going to the Apple web address that came in the boxed instructions I was able to navigate to the Apple page where I entered my registration id and the serial number of my MacBook. No problems encountered. The completion message said I would be sent a Protection Plan Certificate by regular mail or email--the choice was mine. I chose email and the certificate arrived within about 10 minutes.

It was a bit nerve racking for me because I let it go until the last minute. If there was a glitch that would have been a problem. There were no glitches in the end and I am a happy camper.
33 comments|Report abuse
on June 19, 2017
Who doesn't love AppleCare! AppleCare is Apple's warranty program that covers a variety of problems if you Apple decided to die/crap out on you... thus being a "bad apple".

All you do is register the warranty through the card enclosed and your product will be covered during the duration of your plan. I have used mine many times after dropping my computer, spilling water on it, etc. Strongly recommend getting a plan though AppleCare instead of Best Buy.
on April 20, 2015
I was sure I wanted AppleCare for my new Macbook Pro retina 13, but I wasn't sure this cheaper way of getting it would work - it did, no problems at all, so 5 stars for that. My 2008 Mac Mini can't use the latest OS, but my Macbook Air 11 worked flawlessly until I sold it. I would expect Apple to offer a standard 3 year warranty on their expensive computers, but the don't and a few Macs have had major problems so it's better to have the security of extended warranty.
on March 3, 2013
In 2007 I bought a refurbished Black MacBook from Apple and got the AppleCare Protection plan. About 14 months after I got the MacBook the logic board went bad. Apple took the laptop, sent it off to that magic Apple repair place and within 4 days I had a replacement. They used my larger hard drive and memory and placed them into a new body. Whatever the AppleCare plan cost back then paid for itself many times over with that one repair.

In 2013 I bought a 13" MacBook Pro from Amazon; the one with the 750 gig hard drive, dvd drive, 2.9 gig Intel Core 2 and 8 gig of RAM. The price was very good. Remembering my prior repair, it was a no brainer for me to once again get the AppleCare Protection Plan for Mac Laptops. Use it once and it's paid for itself and then some. Hopefully I will never need it. I have car insurance too. Hopefully I will never need to use that either. In both cases, Mac and car, it is far better to have and not use than to need and not have.

By the way, the 2007 MacBook is still running just great. All I have needed to do was replace the battery in February 2013. I expect the MacBook Pro to be equally durable as well.
on July 28, 2015
I was a little worried about buying AppleCare from Amazon based on some of the reviews but my boyfriend purchased AppleCare for his macbook pro on Amazon and didn't have any problems so I figured it was worth it for the savings. As soon as I got my package I went to the AppleCare website and registered the AppleCare for my macbook pro. Everything worked perfectly and my AppleCare was registered within minutes!
on August 27, 2015
WORKED FOR MY MACBOOK PRO 13.3 INCH WITH RETINA DISPLAY (MID-2014). WHAT A DEAL! This was a great find! Don't fall for the geniuses and me zipped $250! Quick and easy online set up took only a couple minutes and BOOM! My computer was completely covered. Brought it to the Apple Store to check the battery life after a year and they did some fixing and I WASN'T CHARGED! A new mother board costs upwards of $600 dollars so getting the warranty is a safe and money saving bet!