Truck Reviews Beauty Spring Reading Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Weekly One Fire TV Stick Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Shop by look Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Kids Edition Echo Dot Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now STL18_GNO

Apples for Everyone (Picture the Seasons)
Format: Paperback|Change

on March 2, 2018
We were very disappointed with this book. It isn't well organized and seems to only make a half-hearted effort to teach anything about apples. It is mostly just random apple-associated photos with brief captions. The author doesn't seem to know much about apples - their lifecycle, how to grow and care for apple trees, apple culture in the U.S., the story of apples, etc. A lost opportunity.
on February 16, 2018
My children and husband absolutely love these National Geographic books! I think we have them all. We rotate them according to the season. They are nonfiction but use great pictured of real kids, and they’re short enough to be an easy bedtime story.
on September 2, 2016
This is a beautiful book that gives young readers information on how apples grow and other facts about the fruit. The book features a large, colorful font for easy reading and vibrant photographs that show an apple’s development from bloom to harvest. It also depicts a variety of children enjoying apple goodness in various forms from caramel to cider.
I would recommend this book along with another one of Esbaum’s book, “Seed, Sprout, Pumpkin, Pie” for the splendid photography and the simply written information about some of the foods and activities many children enjoy every autumn season.
I’m looking forward to reading both of these great books to my granddaughter and will also be adding “Everything Spring” and “Winter Wonderland” to her book collection.
on October 2, 2014
I like this book because of the wonderful illustrations, how it shows apple production (from blossom to market), the pictures of children with apples, and the subtle humor in some of the text. I have used it in pre-K to 5th grade classes. All have enjoyed it. I like to bring in a variety of apples for students to see and handle after we read it. By doing so, they gain a better understanding of the descriptions and varieties they see in the book.
on October 18, 2013
I thought that this book was really informative and kept my 6 year old daughter's interest. The pictures are beautiful and it's a must have book for fall. I got this book the week we went apple picking and she quoted some facts while we were at the orchard. I also bought the book "Seed, Sprout, Pumpkin, Pie" which is the same concept but it's about Pumpkins. Love them both!
on November 17, 2013
All of these National Geographic books are great and you cannot go wrong for the price. They have beautiful photography and make learning come alive for kids. Both my five year old and seven year old love these books and we bring them out as the seasons change to help illustrate what is going on in our own back yard. Your child will not even know he/she is learning!
on January 14, 2018
Good simple book for kindergartners.
on September 14, 2016
Great book. I used this for a lesson in my first grade class. The children loved it and it let itself to multiple teaching opportunities.
on November 1, 2015
Wonderful non fiction book about apples. My students were so engaged with it. Great pictures and nice complexity to the text.
on February 21, 2017
My kid likes all books and he liked this one as expected.