Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited GNO for iPhone 8 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Wonder Woman now available on Blu-ray, 3D, and 4K Tailgating ToyHW17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 20 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 36 reviews
on November 22, 2014
I bought this because I loved Kiros book Falling Cloudberries, which is wonderful and I reccomend-highly.

This book has very pretty pictures- standard in a Kiros cookbook, but the recipes were not interesting to me. There are a few recipes that are interesting and nice, but everything else is pretty boring and doesn't require a recipe. Things like cheese between bread, red sauce on pasta, noodles in broth. I recommend her other book Falling Cloudberries. I am still holding onto this book because the pictures are nice to look through though.
on December 19, 2015
I purchased your book Apples for Jam about a year ago I have enjoyed some of the recipes but the print color font is a poor choice.. I have good eye sight but it makes it difficult to read due to the light colored print.. It is just collecting dust...
A beautifully photographed, illustrated and laid out book, but recipes are simplistic. I no longer have young children in my house, but I still remember those hurried, jam-packed days. I wish I had this book back then. I can see myself sitting down with it when I had a moment to spare. It would have been calming to browse through and it would have given me ideas for quick meals.

I'm beyond that now, so this book will be passed down to the next worthy young mother that I happen to meet.

I had higher hopes when I pictured a "colorful cookbook". The concept is NOT well carried through in this book. It almost seems that many of the recipes were forced into color categories.

I purchased this book after purchasing Falling Cloudberries: A World of Family Recipes. That was a much better book...I'm disappointed with how shallow this one is.
on December 11, 2016
Love this cook book as a display piece. Great reading. My only complaint is that much of the print is done in pale colors and is difficult to read. I would still buy it again.
on April 2, 2009
i've had this cookbook for 4 months now and have already cooked more recipes from it than any other i own. the photography completely draws you in to a lifestyle where quality, simplicity, beauty and imperfection are the driving forces to cook and bake delicious food. some of kiros' writing is very flowery and hokey, but it doesn't effect the overall appeal of the book. i've given this book to female friends as gifts and it has equally drawn them in as well. who knew cauliflower could be this delicious! fried custard squares? yes please!
on September 25, 2014
Love this book. It's gorgeous and functional. I actually learned a few new concepts, as in ways to present food to my picky eaters!
on January 2, 2017
Big hit in Wisconsin!
on November 7, 2011
this is a beautifully put-together cookbook! not only good, easy recipes, but lovely pictures and text. I own two of her other cookbooks, and it never disappoints. This makes a lovely gift!
on November 28, 2011
I loved this book so much I got some as gifts. Actually, they would make a great gift - full of colorful, amazing photographs and simple delicious recipes. I highly recommend this book!
on July 31, 2011
I love this cookbook. Not only does it have good recipes but it is a delight to read. The pictures and prose added to the recipes make this more than just a cookbook. I love looking through it on gloomy days.

Although the recipes are favorites from childhood, I'd say this book is more a family cookbook as the dishes are the kind kids and parents would like. As an American, some are dishes I'm not familiar with but there are plenty of dishes using ingredients I have on hand most of the time... not to mention it will be fun to try new recipes.

I do agree with those who complain about the light gray color of the type used with the recipes. It could have been even one or two shades darker to make reading easier. That doesn't stop me from highly recommending the book.