Your Garage Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Samsung S8 Launch Limited time offer Luxury Beauty Handmade Mother's Day Gifts spring Book House Cleaning animestrike animestrike animestrike  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Shop Now disgotg_gno_17

Configuration: Apple to Apples|Change

Showing 1-10 of 568 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 625 reviews
on December 27, 2016
We've enjoyed playing it, but have been slightly disappointed as it's not quite up to the standard that the original Apples to Apples set. One thing that is for sure is that there are less red cards, so you cycle through them quicker, and the kids start saying things like, "We've had this one already!" Another thing is that it really seems pop culture heavy. I know there are plenty of movie stars, athletes, and TV shows in Apples to Apples, but if you don't spend your live on Disney and Nickelodeon, half of this stuff on the red cards is going to go right over your head. Finally, since so many of the red cards are specific things, the amount of lobbying for your card that goes on is sometimes intolerably high. I don't recall lobbying being part of the actual rules in the original edition, and even if it was, my experience tends to be that it's not needed as people are laughing at the cards anyway. With this version, it seems to often be a requirement as people are perplexed as to why such a card even got played. Overall, though, good game, and kids from 6 to 11 seem to really enjoy it.
on September 1, 2016
My kids recently discovered apples to apples but often didn't know what the words in the original version even referred to. They are 5 and 8 and love to play so I knew this would be a welcome investment.
The description words (green cards) are all excellent. The nouns (red cards), on the other hand, I'm slightly disappointed with. I sorted through and ended up taking out 41 of the cards I felt were irrelevant or inappropriate for my family. Most of them were about specific Disney channel characters my kids have no clue about. I'm sure there are plenty of kids who do know the characters. I would simply have preferred those cards switched out for more universal nouns or for historical characters even. That would certainly up the educational factor.
Overall, my kids love the game and it's nice to have a word set they understand better.
on January 6, 2016
If you are going to buy Apples to Apples it is better in my opinion to buy the regular Apples to Apples game and skip this one. Don't buy this one as an add on which is what I did. Several of the red cards are duplicates to the original and all of the green cards are duplicates except the synonyms are simpler. If you have children playing the regular Apples to Apples game we added a rule. Younger players in between plays can throw back two cards in exchange for two new ones. This gives younger players a better chance of understanding all the cards in their hand and there are plenty they will understand.
on April 10, 2017
My daughter has asked for this game, and she's getting it for her birthday. She's played it at her friend's house, and is very excited to get her own set.
on March 11, 2017
Great game for families...bought this for my nephew and he loves to play it. Only complaint was the box had a dent in it when it arrived, which isn't ideal for a gift, but my nephew didn't mind.
on April 21, 2017
Fun game and it helps my ESL students learn new vocabulary words.
on March 2, 2017
Great for younger kids. The same fun "Apples to Apples", but it is easier for them to understand. Very enjoyable for the young ones
on February 20, 2017
good game. we play yalmost everyday with my 7-yr daughter
on April 22, 2017
Good game, bought it as a gift.
on April 7, 2017
Fun game to play!

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.