Amazon Vehicles Beauty Return your textbook rentals STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Home Gift Guide Father's Day Gifts Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning whiteprincess whiteprincess whiteprincess  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis Trade it in. Fund the next. Spring Savings Event on Amazon.com Ellen

Configuration: Apple to Apples|Change

Showing 1-10 of 575 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 632 reviews
on December 27, 2016
We've enjoyed playing it, but have been slightly disappointed as it's not quite up to the standard that the original Apples to Apples set. One thing that is for sure is that there are less red cards, so you cycle through them quicker, and the kids start saying things like, "We've had this one already!" Another thing is that it really seems pop culture heavy. I know there are plenty of movie stars, athletes, and TV shows in Apples to Apples, but if you don't spend your live on Disney and Nickelodeon, half of this stuff on the red cards is going to go right over your head. Finally, since so many of the red cards are specific things, the amount of lobbying for your card that goes on is sometimes intolerably high. I don't recall lobbying being part of the actual rules in the original edition, and even if it was, my experience tends to be that it's not needed as people are laughing at the cards anyway. With this version, it seems to often be a requirement as people are perplexed as to why such a card even got played. Overall, though, good game, and kids from 6 to 11 seem to really enjoy it.
on December 25, 2015
This is fun....for about the first two times playing it. There's just not enough to the game and although it comes with hundreds of cards, we found lots of duplicates. So we kept doing the same ones over which was boring. The game is easy for kids to play and understand but just too simple to be fun long term.
on September 1, 2016
My kids recently discovered apples to apples but often didn't know what the words in the original version even referred to. They are 5 and 8 and love to play so I knew this would be a welcome investment.
The description words (green cards) are all excellent. The nouns (red cards), on the other hand, I'm slightly disappointed with. I sorted through and ended up taking out 41 of the cards I felt were irrelevant or inappropriate for my family. Most of them were about specific Disney channel characters my kids have no clue about. I'm sure there are plenty of kids who do know the characters. I would simply have preferred those cards switched out for more universal nouns or for historical characters even. That would certainly up the educational factor.
Overall, my kids love the game and it's nice to have a word set they understand better.
on August 14, 2016
Once they even start to read they can play Apples to Apples! The funny, simple, card game makes a great addition to your family game night! While the game recommends 9+, with a little bit of help most younger kids could join in the fun. The biggest challenge if for kids to know the various cultural references on the cards. while some are simple (bananas, Mickey Mouse) others are a bit more dated, (Hanna Montana etc.) The combination of cards can still get a little "off color", but not nearly as often as the adult version of the game.

As some other reviewers have commented it works best in larger groups, but don't despair if you want to play as a family of 4, just play the invisible player variant. Simply add one additional green card off the top of the deck. Sometimes this random one won't fit at all, other times it might just win! The extra card really helps to add a little variety to the game.
on January 17, 2016
I had purchased this game for my 7 year old for Christmas. My family would usually play the original version during get togethers. My daughter would usually be partnered up with an adult because she needed help reading and understanding the majority of the words.
The junior version is great for her. Now she can play on her own against all of us. The concept is exactly the same, but the words are easier to read and understand. It makes playing so much more fun.
on May 13, 2017
My kids (9yr and 13yr) both love this game, and it's a favorite on family game night. Funny, and completely subjective in what is the 'right' answer in any turn, this game works for adults to join in as well. Highly recommend.
on April 21, 2017
Fun game and it helps my ESL students learn new vocabulary words.
on April 10, 2017
My daughter has asked for this game, and she's getting it for her birthday. She's played it at her friend's house, and is very excited to get her own set.
on December 31, 2013
Having played Apples to Apples in larger groups with adults, I was super excited to get this to play with the kids (9 & 7). The words are easy enough to understand, plus since their dad forces them to learn the meaning of the word as well before playing a hand (the definitions are printed on the cards), it helps to build vocabulary as well. There are lots of times that you end up playing a card that has no relation to the word in question, but that is what makes it so much fun, especially when the kids try to justify why their card should win when their answer was so off-the-wall. Plus you can play in variations, like Apple Turnover, where the object is to play a card that is the complete opposite of the word in question. Easy after dinner, sit down, enjoy time with the family FUN!
on November 24, 2015
Wasn't sure whether to buy this version or the regular one. Thought that the regular one was too mature for my kids just yet (not adult content, just more older kid understanding of topics). My kids are 9, 9, 11, and 16. From the first game, we had a blast! It is so funny and entertaining seeing what everyone comes up with and chooses. W have played about 20 times and it is still the first game we go for out of lots of great games!

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.