- Leather Bound: 2464 pages
- Publisher: Tyndale House Publishers, Inc. (August 8, 1997)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0842320970
- ISBN-13: 978-0842320979
- Product Dimensions: 10 x 7.5 x 2.1 inches
- Shipping Weight: 3.8 pounds
- Average Customer Review: 4.8 out of 5 stars See all reviews (5 customer reviews)
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #2,958,751 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Life Application Study Bible, KJV, Black Genuine Leather (Life Application Bible (KJV)) Leather Bound – August 8, 1997
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Top Customer Reviews
Things I especially like
1. Scripture is printed in paragraph format as opposed to two columns like most Bibles. I found this eminently more readable.
2. Archaic KJV words translated at the bottom of each page rather than in a dictionary.
3. Ample room for notes. Although not technically a "wide margin" Bible, there is a lot of white space. Paper is thick enough to avoid "bleed through" on many pens and dryliners. Bible stays open, even in Genesis and Revelation, without being held down.
4. Mini-maps throughout the text help keep the stories/action in perspective. Excellent maps are also in the back.
5. Like many study Bibles, there is an outline (blueprint) of the book at the beginning of each book. However, they also provide "mega-themes" which give the explanation and importance of major themes within each book; as well as a timeline -- especially helpful to place what you are reading in the context of other books in the Bible.
6. An extraordinarily well done Harmony of the Gospels.
7. Charts, notes, and biographies that help to unite the various books of the Bible together like no other Bible I have ever used. Very often the notes/charts will reference another Biblical character or portion of scripture that illuminate the passage far better than paragraphs of notes ever could. This Bible is indispensable for that reason alone.
8. The "selling point" of this Bible is the notes which are specifically designed for application rather than explanation. I find these far more helpful than the classic explanatory study notes.Read more ›
The application part is better in the NIV for the most part. The KJV is easier to follow in church, because of the format.
This Bible will help everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!