- Hardcover: 478 pages
- Publisher: Wiley; 1 edition (April 18, 2003)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0471486957
- ISBN-13: 978-0471486954
- Product Dimensions: 6.9 x 1.2 x 9.8 inches
- Shipping Weight: 2.1 pounds (View shipping rates and policies)
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #3,243,086 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Applied Bayesian Modelling 1st Edition
Use the Amazon App to scan ISBNs and compare prices.
Featured Springer resources in biomedicine
Explore these featured titles in biomedicine. Learn more
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
"I recommend…highly to statisticians, [and] health researchers...among others to consider keeping on their bookshelf." (Journal of Statistical Computation and Simulation, April 2005)
"…a great book…fills a critical gap in existing literature. It is an excellent book for anyone interested in Bayesian modeling…" (Journal of the American Statistical Association, March 2005)
"It is certainly a fine choice as a supporting reference in either a first or second Bayesian methods course…” (Technometrics, May 2004)
"...has a contemporary feel, with recent developments in financial time series modelling and epidemiology included..." (Short Book Reviews, Vol 23(3), December 2003)
From the Back Cover
The use of Bayesian statistics has grown significantly in recent years, and will undoubtedly continue to do so. Applied Bayesian Modelling is the follow-up to the author’s best selling book, Bayesian Statistical Modelling, and focuses on the potential applications of Bayesian techniques in a wide range of important topics in the social and health sciences. The applications are illustrated through many real-life examples and software implementation in WINBUGS – a popular software package that offers a simplified and flexible approach to statistical modelling. The book gives detailed explanations for each example – explaining fully the choice of model for each particular problem. The book
- Provides a broad and comprehensive account of applied Bayesian modelling.
- Describes a variety of model assessment methods and the flexibility of Bayesian prior specifications.
- Covers many application areas, including panel data models, structural equation and other multivariate structure models, spatial analysis, survival analysis and epidemiology.
- Provides detailed worked examples in WINBUGS to illustrate the practical application of the techniques described. All WINBUGS programs are available from an ftp site.
Browse award-winning titles. See more
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?