- Hardcover: 360 pages
- Publisher: Cornell Maritime Pr/Tidewater Pub; 2 edition (April 1, 1996)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0870334751
- ISBN-13: 978-0870334757
- Product Dimensions: 6.5 x 1.2 x 9.5 inches
- Shipping Weight: 1.6 pounds (View shipping rates and policies)
- Average Customer Review: 14 customer reviews
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #390,738 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ $3.75 shipping
+ Free Shipping
Applied Naval Architecture Hardcover – April 1, 1996
See the Best Books of 2018 So Far
Looking for something great to read? Browse our editors' picks for the best books of the year so far in fiction, nonfiction, mysteries, children's books, and much more.
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Here's the TOC which may help some to evaluate:
1. Cargo Ships, 3
2. Hull Form, 22
3. Static Equilibrium and Stability, 48
4. Stability at Large Angles, 100
5. Trim and Longitudinal Stability, 133
6. Flooding and Subdivision, 169
7. Ship Strength, 195
8. Ship Resistance, 238
9. Ship Propulsion, 271
10. Ship Dynamics, 299
My only complaint, one so small and insignificant that it's almost not even worth mentioning, is that the equations are not all non-dimensional, but any engineer with any brain whatsoever can figure out how to convert them to a different set of units.
Couple this book with Marine Engineering Design of Propulsion and Electric Power Generation Systems and your favorite statics book and you have all the necessary references for a pretty involved vessel design, minus any regulations that you may have to research on your own from ABS, Lloyd's or the like.