From the Back Cover
Increasingly, scientists and engineers favor MATLAB over conventional programming languages such as FORTRAN and C when they wish to solve complex problems. This book will enable readers to solve problems without needing to understand all the details of the underlying theory of numerical methods. By providing many examples of the uses of similar functions, it guides them towards the selection of the appropriate MATLAB functions for solving their problem efficiently.
The authors have incorporated existing MATLAB functions into a series of simplified, yet complete programs that may be readily adapted by students and practitioners to solve real-world engineering and science problems. Key features include:
- More than 100 supplemental codes
- Complete MATLAB programs to demonstrate solutions to real-life
- exercises and problems
- Downloadable MATLAB programs to correspond with the text
- Interactive demonstration programs that course instructors can use to produce visual presentations of the solution processes of some algorithms
- An overview of the Partial Differential Equation (PDE) toolbox
- An appendix with MATLAB commands/functions for symbolic computation
With very little prior programming experience, students and practitioners will find this approach invaluable to quickly learn how to solve their numerical problems.