Industrial Deals HPC Magazine Deals Womens Ski Trip Essentials nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Weekly One All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop modern furniture and decor Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon thechi thechi thechi  Echo Dot Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop now

on September 9, 2013
I picked up Appointments With Heaven By Reggie Anderson the last day that Jacob was on this earth. I was struggling along with his pain that day so sat on the couch by him and read. I needed something spiritual to help me get through it.

I've read several books about Heaven before. I don't doubt that some people are able to get a glimpse of Heaven while here on earth. It's just hard to know which books are honest and which are not (because some I've read seem so far fetched that you really have to question them).

Written by a doctor who not only had his own glimpse of Heaven but also has had some with patients as they cross over. It's a subtle glimpse at Heaven. Reggie Anderson tells us how he lost his faith for some time and how he gained it back. How caring for the living and the dying has helped him see parts of not only Heaven, but also hell.

The book kept me interested the whole way through and helped strengthen my own faith, especially in a time when I needed it.
33 comments| 164 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on November 14, 2014
This book has been one of the most encouraging books I've ever read about Heaven and the process of going there. I have passed it on to other friends, who have passed it on to their friends. It's a powerful book and I encourage anyone to read it. It's very comforting for those who have lost a loved one.
on April 21, 2017
An engaging and fun read. I loved hearing about his glimpses of heaven, all of the ER stories, and about his faith. I also really enjoyed his sharing of his personal faith journey, as well as the personal stories of his family and friends throughout his life. The writing is personal enough that you feel like you get to know him, and moving enough that you wish you really did.
on January 23, 2014
Since loosing my husband to a malignant brain tumor in May God continues to remind my heart that this place is not my home. Continually He has been giving me glimpses of Heaven through scripture and books like Reggie Anderson's.

This book not only gives you glimpses of Heaven through experiences with his patients and loved ones but is a well told personal testimony about the author. It tells of his struggles with being angry at God after a horrible blow to his family and how Jesus reveals himself in an undeniably way to restore him to his past faith.

I am very careful in the books I choose to read about Heaven. I am a long time (20+ years) fan of the Chapman's. I know the life they live and the testimony they have so I knew this book was something I could read and trust to be true.

I recommend this book to those who seek hope, to those who seek comfort after loosing a loved one and to those who have a family member who may be angry with God like Reggie once was. Jesus has a plan for us all that goes way beyond what this world has to offer if we will only allow Him to reveal it to us.
on November 29, 2016
Couldn't put it down after I started reading it. It has definitely changed the way I think about death, our lives here on earth, and how God uses bad for good.
on July 12, 2016
The first third of the book describes the life of the author when he is growing up. It includes his relationship with God, his move away from Him after a big negative event, and his return to God.

The rest of the book focuses primarily on how he senses the presence of God when someone is close to death. Most of the stories are interesting and some of them are downright entertaining. Two stories that stand out is one about an inseparable couple and another one about a blind lady who misinterprets the mission of some angels. You couldn’t make up these stories.

It’s also good that he didn’t write the book about 5 years earlier, because some significant events mentioned, like Maria’s Big House of Hope, wouldn’t have yet occurred. It was definitely worth mentioning.
on December 18, 2017
After a difficult year, several lost loved ones, this was a book that really lifted my burden of total and complete loss and shifted my thinking. I came a way feeling not like I suddenly had all the answers, but hopeful that it's not all meaningless and finite.
on April 15, 2016
Although this book was highly recommended by a friend whose judgment I trust, and at first look it seems to be very promising, I have not yet found time to read it. Perhaps when and if I do I will be able to write a fair review.
on March 31, 2017
Very well-written. A useful book for a devoutly religious person or a person who wishes to read about a religiously-minded, medical doctor's views, observations and experiences throughout the doctor's personal and professional life. Book arrived in condition described and ahead of anticipated delivery date (always appreciated).
on July 3, 2014
This book has really helped me deal with the sudden loss of my 21 year old son. I have been so broken and God sent an angel in the form of a customer service rep from AT&T to recommend this book to me. While I'm still not healed nor anyway close to being healed but I can truly say Dr. Anderson's book gives me hope and though a Christian for 30 years when something comes along so suddenly it really can shake you. I do believe in heaven and I do believe we do just go to sleep on this side and cross over to another world and if we are born again Christians its not hard to grasp but as with anything in this world its first natural then spiritual and I still am struggling with accepting the will of God but time will help. Thank you Dr. Reginald Anderson for sharing such a wonderful book. I hold on to this that one day me and my son along with a lot of other relatives will be reunited. Until then, I'm living to live again! Thanks Karen Granger for you recommendation!