- File Size: 507 KB
- Print Length: 31 pages
- Simultaneous Device Usage: Unlimited
- Publisher: Ambassador International (April 7, 2014)
- Publication Date: April 7, 2014
- Sold by: Amazon Digital Services LLC
- Language: English
- ASIN: B00JJPZUZM
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Lending: Not Enabled
Amazon Best Sellers Rank:
#76,548 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
- #29 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Religion & Spirituality > Christian Books & Bibles > Bible Study & Reference > Bible Study > Guides
- #51 in Kindle Store > Kindle Short Reads > 45 minutes (22-32 pages) > Religion & Spirituality
- #84 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Religion & Spirituality > Christian Books & Bibles > Education
An Approach to Extended Memorization of Scripture Kindle Edition
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top Customer Reviews
Davis attends to both the *why* and the *how* of memorizing entire chapters and books of the Bible. He distinguishes between meditation and memorization, but finds it difficult to accomplish the former without investing in the latter. I think he’s right on this point, particularly as he notes the author's logical flow that is perceptible and eventually absorb-able when the object of one’s memorization is a the wide Scriptural landscape rather than a short stopping-point here or there.
Davis’ method (the term seems preferable to ‘technique’) provides tracks for what will inevitably represent a long and even stubborn obedience in the same direction. He minces no words about the challenge of large-scale Scripture memorization, but encourages the readers that accomplishing this feat is more a matter of blood, sweat, and tears than of natural mental endowment.
I derive the title of this very brief review from one of Davis’ methodological steps. He calls it ‘weeding the garden’, which is the step he endorses that will allow the memorizer to return to what he or she has committed to memory and weed out the small errors (‘weeds’) that will creep in.
This book (99¢ in Amazon Kindle format as I write this review) meets a bona fide need, is clearly a labor of love, and will without doubt move would-be memorizers past the various early-stage obstacles in this journey and on to the place where many words of the Word have been securely placed in the storehouse of the heart.
This book is a practical aid for Scripture memorization, and is presented for the sole purpose of putting it into action. The author presents compelling reason for memorizing chunks of the Bible, then gives you a step-by-step plan predicated upon his own experience and success.
I have made a few halting, sputtering efforts at memorizing Scripture...I came away from this short book re-convinced not only of the importance of this discipline, but also of my ability to do it if I rearrange my priorities and make time.
If you are at all interested in memorizing Scripture I recommend spending the pittance necessary to purchase this helpful little book...and then putting it into practice!
Most Recent Customer Reviews
"It is my prayer that God will raise up a...Read more
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Christian Books & Bibles > Bible Study & Reference > Bible Study > Guides
- Books > Religion & Spirituality
- Kindle Store > Kindle Short Reads > 45 minutes (22-32 pages) > Religion & Spirituality
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Religion & Spirituality > Christian Books & Bibles > Bible Study & Reference > Bible Study > Guides
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Religion & Spirituality > Christian Books & Bibles > Education