Industrial Deals Beauty STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheOnlyLivingBoy TheOnlyLivingBoy TheOnlyLivingBoy  Amazon Echo now $99.99 Limited-time offer: All-New Fire 7, starting at $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite uncharted Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno
asked by L. Newby on December 3, 2010
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-10 of 25 answers
A
I'm a guy, and both my brother and I loved the entire series! (I'm 28 and he's 24)We actually have completely different taste in books. I love fantasy, adventure and historical fiction. He likes graphic novels, action thrillers and military nonfiction. Rarely do we find a series we both love equally. We kind of stay out of each others way sort of(he likes his stuff I like mine). We both own all three Hunger Games though. Actually we went to the book store together the day Catching Fire came out and both bought a copy. I hope this helps.
Derek Jackson answered on December 3, 2010
Comment | 8 of 9 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I am a 45 year old guy and loved it. Anyone who likes SF and Dystopian fiction will love it.
dougrhon answered on January 5, 2012
Comment | 7 of 8 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I am a 33 year old male and just finished the series. I really enjoyed it and couldn't put it down. I normally read Stephen King and Jim Butcher's Dresden Files.
R. Bundren answered on December 3, 2010
Comment | 4 of 5 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I think your friend would like it. I hope it works out!

While the books is marketed as YA, it is more adult than most typical young adult novels, and also the romance angle, while significant, isn't the focus of the book, so males will like it. Plus the there is a lot of action as denoted by the title of the book, so it has a wide appeal for both genders and across all age ranges.
A. Tsurukame answered on January 5, 2012
Comment | 4 of 4 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I went ahead and bought them for my friend. Thanks so much for your input.
L. Newby answered on December 6, 2010
Comment | 3 of 4 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
My husband is 22 and he normally can't find a book that he's interested in so he hardly ever reads, (I think he's read a total of 8-9 books for pleasure and 7 of those were the Harry Potter books), and I suggested we read this series, and he's HOOKED!!! He started book 1 a week ago and he's already almost done with book 3 (that's really fast for him).
DominicsMommy2016 answered on January 24, 2012

A
My husband (45) loved it. So did a friend of ours who is 30. And so did my 11 and 14 year old sons! I actually haven't meet anyone who hasn't liked it.
M. Roeder answered on March 4, 2012

A
I am a 62 year old male and loved the series. I was so excited to here there was going to be a movie. There is no reason for adult males to dislike the book moreso than any other book. It rocks! I think this is the only commercial product I have ever 'liked' on facebook. Send me to the opening. Heh!
Myst Mysterium answered on March 5, 2012

A
Male in my 40s here. I read entire series and really enjoyed it. I thought the 2nd and 3rd books were a bit more interesting as they delve a bit deeper into the political aspects of government control and rebellion, in my opinion.
Seeing as its on a top selling list of books and ebooks sold, I think it's safe to say this series would appeal to more than the female teenage sector, right?
I also have male friends who read the series and enjoyed it.
Kscribe answered on February 14, 2012

A
Honestly the idea that this is a book for girls or women is kinda bizarre.

YA is dominated by female fans so the diehard THG fanbase is comprised of women/girls but at it's heart I think it's more of a male series of books at heart. All the sci-fi, gore and all that. Even the romance isn't that strong, it's just kinda there.

And yeah I know some women like that stuff too I'm just generalizing.
Usni answered on March 2, 2012
‹ Previous   1   2   3   Next ›

See all questions about this product