|Price:||& FREE Shipping. Details & FREE Returns|
- Zipper closure
- SAVE TIME and MONEY by never checking a bag again: Meets international airline rules for carry-on & cabin luggage size restrictions. Features a 35L – 45L capacity with EXPANDABLE ZIP.
- 3-IN-1 CONVERTIBLE DESIGN allows you to wear the backpack in several ways: BACKPACK, SUITCASE and SHOULDER BAG modes. Additional design features include ergonomic & comfortable shoulder straps, ventilated back panel, and adjustable hip belt.
- PROFESSIONAL LOOKING and PREMIUM MATERIALS. Design includes WATER BOTTLE POCKET, LAPTOP POCKET (up to 17 inch), TABLET POCKET (up 10 inch). Internal Mesh pockets and wrinkle-free pocket with lots of additional organization for electronic devices
- ROLL ABOARD strap included for attaching to conventional luggage. TWO FRONT POCKETS for easy access to boarding passes, notebooks, and or camera.
- Rugged design with LOCKABLE ZIPS by YKK, DURABLE 1680 Denier WATER-RESISTANT exterior, and RAIN-COVER included to keep your stuff safe.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
4 Year Luggage Protection Planfrom Asurion, LLC
- No deductibles or added costs. Parts, labor and shipping included.
- Stains, rips or tears and seam separation covered from day one. Other breakdowns covered after the manufacturer warranty expires.
- File a claim online or by phone 24/7.
- If we can't repair it, we'll replace it or reimburse the purchase price with an Amazon e-gift card.
- Plans are only valid for new or certified refurbished products purchased in the last 30 days with no pre-existing damage. Protection plan documents will be delivered via email within 24 hours of purchase.
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers who bought this item also bought
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question may be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who purchased this item, who are all part of the Amazon community.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
Standard's Carry-on-sized Travel Backpack is the ultimate luggage for international travel and meets airline carry-on cabin size rules.
Trusted by travelers around the globe, Standard's 3-in-1 design can be worn as a travel backpack, suitcase, and shoulder bag.
Designed with concealable backpack straps, compartment dividers, and easy-to-carry handles. This backpack great companion that will give you confidence on any journey. It comes with an expandable capacity of 35 – 45L. The luggage and laptop compartments are separate. Our carry-on is here to help you save you time and money without the need to check your bag at the airport.
List of Features:
- Full-perimeter zip allows for easy opening and packing
- Separate lockable laptop pocket
- Interior compression straps maximize space and keeps contents secured
- Hideaway backpack straps transform the bag in seconds
- Removable hip belt for added stability and weight distribution
- Water bottle pocket
- Expandable zip adds 10L capacity
- Sliding & detachable laptop sleeve for easy to access your electronics at airport security
- Two convenient front pockets: one document sized and a smaller one for small items like phones and chargers
- Padded handles for comfortable carry and make it easy to remove the bag from an overhead bin
- Padded back ventilation keeps you fresh and comfortable
- Built-in safety whistle for assurance when in unknown situations
- Roll-aboard strap makes it easy to attach to rolling luggage
- Rain cover keeps your valuable assets and electronics dry
- Premium shoulder strap for carrying over the shoulder
Key Feature Overview
Save time and money by avoiding checked bag fees.
Tuck away the backpack straps into the back panel to maintain a sleek look
Ergonomic and comfortable
6-points of adjustability + padded back ventilation keeps you comfortable and cool
Detachable hip-belt provides stability and load distribution - your choice to use it or not
Prevent unwanted access and keep your valuables safe
Lockable main pocket & laptop pocket
Makes packing and staying organized easy - works just like luggage
Compression straps keep your stuff secure
Easy integration with rolling luggage
Water bottle pocket
Stay hydrated on-the-go
Pocket is collapsible to keep you within size limits and looking sleek when not used
Thoughtfully designed pockets keep your stuff organized and within reach
Dedicated laptop pocket
Breeze through security with your laptop accessible through a separate zip
Neoprene laptop sleeve (included) provides ample protection and is detachable for the plane ride
Add 10L capacity when you need it - Just a bit more space for souvenirs :)
Included because you never know when it's going to pour
Discreet and built into the sternum buckle gives you assurance in sketchy situations
- Exterior: 1680 denier high tenacity ballistic nylon
- Water resistant, durable and easy to clean
- YKK brand zips
- YKK brand buckles & clips (backpack strap, messenger strap)
- ITW Nexus brand buckles & clips (sternum strap)
Sizing and Specs
Bag dimensions: 21.5 x 13.5 x 7.5 in when zipped and 21.5 x 13.5 x 9.5 when expanded
Volume : 35L zipped and 45L when expanded
Weight: 3.7 pounds
Laptop Pocket: Holds most 15" laptops and 15" Macbook Pro
Designed to Work as a System
All of our products are designed to work together as The Ultimate Travel System. Our Carry-on Backpack was designed to meet airline size rules so that people can save time and money without the need to check their bags.
Our Packing Cubes and Packable Daypack (sold separately) are designed to to be used inside the Carry-on backpack to keep your gear organized and to optimize packing space.
- Manufacturer: Standard Luggage Co.
- Product Dimensions: 21.5 x 7.5 x 13.5 inches
- ASIN: B074761QSM
- Item model number: 8000
- Is Discontinued By Manufacturer: No
- Date First Available: July 24, 2017
- #1061 in Laptop Backpacks
- Customer Reviews:
Compare with similar items
Business Travel Backpack, Matein Laptop Backpack with USB Charging Port for Men Womens Boys Girls, Anti Theft Water Resistant College School Bookbag Computer Backpack Fits 15.6 Inch Laptop Notebook
Inateck 40L Travel Backpack, Flight Approved Carry on Backpack Hand Luggage, Anti-Theft Business Laptop Rucksack Large Daypack Weekender Bag for 17'' Laptop - Black
Travel Backpack, 40L Expandable Carry On Backpack for Men, Flight Approved Weekender Backpack, Water Resistant Luggage Backpack for Outdoor,Expandable Extra Large Business Backpack for Men Women,Black
Backpacks for Men, Extra Large Travel Laptop Backpack Gifts for Women Men with USB Charging Port,TSA Friendly Business Computer Bag College High School Bookbags Fit 17 Inch Laptops 45L,Black
Kensington SecureTrek 17" Lockable Anti-Theft Laptop & Overnight Backpack (K98618WW)
|Shipping||FREE Shipping. Details||FREE Shipping. Details||FREE Shipping. Details||FREE Shipping. Details||FREE Shipping. Details||FREE Shipping. Details|
|Sold By||Standard Luggage Co.||YoTwo||TNTonline||Madalak||Jamesay||Amazon.com|
|Item Dimensions||21.50 x 7.50 x 13.50 inches||18.11 x 7.83 x 14.17 inches||21.65 x 13.39 x 6.30 inches||12.20 x 10.00 x 18.90 inches||19.29 x 14.57 x 10.24 inches||8.00 x 13.00 x 19.50 inches|
|Item Weight||5.00 lbs||1.94 lbs||3.63 lbs||—||2.50 lbs||3.00 lbs|
|Material||leather||Water Resistant and Durable Polyester Fabric. Many Padding Cushion on Back., USB Charging Port Easy to Charge Your Phone, Anti-Theft Safe Pocket on Back Store Your Valuable Items. Convenient Luggage Sleeve on Back.||Nylon||40L carry on bakcpack with high quality water resistant and scratch -proof polyester and durable lining, Travel backpack is made of scratch -proof polyester and durable lining, Large travel backpack like a suitcase with multiple pocket. Flight approved bag easily to carry to plane||Two-way Anti Theft Lockable Holes Zippers Could Protect Your Laptop Safe||Polyurethane|
|Size||One Size||15.6 Inch||40L||40L Expandable Size||17inch||17-Inch|
|Style||Laptop||Padded School Backpack||Laptop, Traveling||Carry on Travel Backpack||Tsa Friendly Large Travel Laptop Backpack||Backpack|
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
I had several questions/concerns in my original review, and the next day I received an email from the manufacturer with a long email addressing the major ones. I've updated the post accordingly. They were very responsive, so don't hesitate to contact them.
- The bag is not a full-on 22x14x9 max carry-on size for (most) domestic airlines. This gives us a little wiggle room for a few bulges as well as being more suited to international travel. Being rectangular, it also provides the most space within that limitation (as opposed to rounded/angled bags.)
- The exterior 1680 high tenacity ballistic nylon is more resilient than bags that use lighter fabrics but weigh less. This bag tipped my scales at ~3.8 lbs.
- The pack away straps were well-padded and comfortable. They also come with daisy chains so you can attach additional items to the straps. It comes with an adjustable chest strap as well as a removable waist strap with adjustable hip pads. The back padding is soft and well-ventilated. As an added feature, behind the zipper hiding the pack straps is a small loop for hanging it up.
- Having the rain cover included is unusual and definitely a plus
- The main compartment has 2 compression straps plus two full-width slash pockets, one mesh, one solid, on the interior zippered compartment. The compression straps are placed to best hold their packing cube system. A little wonky for me but still a huge benefit over bags that have none.
- The water bottle holder is large enough for a 1L container (Nalgene, Kleen Kanteen, etc.)
- The laptop compartment is padded on both sides and has two full-width slash pockets as well. The removable sleeve is pretty slick and works as designed. Although the web site specifies the sleeve will hold a 15" laptop, I was able to get my 17" Dell into it.
- The flap on the laptop sleeve does not have any way to fasten it down. The sleeve also sits on the bottom of the bag, so a hard landing could damage your electronics. Shouldn't be hard to modify, but still strange.
- The softness of the back panels that makes the pack so comfortable may put them at risk for damage and/or premature wear if it's routinely checked. I was able to compress the foam enough to get a good grip on the mesh, so machinery could too. That said, I don't intend to use the expansion zip much or over stuff it in order to avoid raised eyebrows from gate agents.
Final result: I think I've looked at every 3-in-1 travel bag in the $100-$200 range and it seems to have the best combination of the features I'm looking for.
Hope this helps.
You can easily pack 4-5 outfits and a jacket. I think this backpack is also great for people who travel with a laptop. The laptop pocket is deep and you can put other things like cables, chargers, additional clothing, etc in there.
After the 3 trips and some heavy backpacking, the bag still looks brand new. Nothing looks worn out or saggy. It’s really sturdy and the material is great quality.
The design is thoughtful and there are unlimited ways to stay organized with the many pockets inside and out of the bag. The 3-in-1 design is useful but in my opinion, this bag is best used as a backpack. It’s the most efficient way to use the bag and if you use the hideaway pocket, you lose a little bit of packing space with the straps inside.
I had no desire to use it other than as a backpack, so I used the strap pocket to hold a light jacket folded flat inside instead lol.
Arriving and leaving the airport is where this bag really shines. It is comfortable to carry and you don’t have to fuss about dragging and lifting hand luggage when getting into cars and trains. If you do need to stow it somewhere it easily fits overhead racks and bins because it the same size as a roller bag.
Bear in mind this bag is deceptively big and how you use it will come down to how and what you pack. I never felt the need to use the expansion feature, the bag was quite big enough to pack all that I needed for the trip.
Overall, I’m very happy with this purchase and would recommend it!
Pros - leaves hands free, good to carry for short distances.
Cons - needs more support for lower back, ties/tabs on zipper come off easily (they need to be longer or they will become undone), zipper ties/tabs not durable as one was torn while unzipping. If the luggage is packed fully, it will weigh heavily on the shoulders, making it less than ideal in carrying long distances.
Top international reviews
The external shell of the backpack is made of a thick denier fabric, while lightweight, it easily held up to the regular abuses luggage takes on while being stuffed into overhead bins. I was also happy to see YKK branding on the zippers, as I have been guilty of overstuffing my luggage on too many occasions, and zippers are always one of the first to go. The backpack itself has a total volume of 35L which when packing carefully, allows for a very generous amount of clothes/toiletries. The bag even has the option to expand out further if you find yourself loading up on trinkets, treasures, and/or duty free from your adventures. Inside the bag, it is designed to organize and protect your suits/dress shirts, laptop/tablet, etc. having dedicated sections for each. The well-padded backpack shoulder straps are not only convenient, but also quite practical. They come with a sturdy waist belt, which helps to distribute the weight evenly across your back, and all of which can be tucked away for a more streamlined briefcase-like appearance. My go-to move had been to tuck away everything while throwing them in the overhead, but bringing out the shoulder straps and belt to navigate airports and gain my bearings hands-free. I find it difficult to criticize this bag as it has really made traveling so much easier. I suppose that if you have more of a petite frame, this bag may not be for you. This bag is big, but in a good way; it goes to the exact limit of most strict airline carry-on specifications. That said, if you have a petite frame, and you like bringing a lot with you when you travel, you should definitely consider it.
I brought this bag on my recent trip following Iron Maiden's last tour around the UK and carried it on buses, trains, subways and airplanes. It is small enough to maneuver easily through crowds, yet big enough to carry everything I needed. It also expands to make room for those extra Iron Maiden shirts that I picked up along the way.
There is a removable padded laptop sleeve which I did not need and removed for more space. Also, you can remove all of the orange parts and have a completely black bag if you like.
Note: My bag did not have a water bottle pocket and looks a little different from the one pictured here. I think the version being sold now is an updated version of the bag.
I highly recommend this bag.
The bag itself is not very heavy and the backpack straps are comfortable.
So far so good, very happy with my purchase!
Die Verarbeitung überzeugt mich nicht! Der schöne, weiche Schulterriemen ist beim ersten Mal Verwendung gleich an zwei Stellen gerissen. Dabei war ich gar nicht voll beladen!
Auch die Straplets, oder wie soll man sie nennen- halten nichts aus.
Ich habe nach Deutschland bestellt und mußte zum Zoll...dafür kann Standard nichts, aber alles in allem- das gehört nochmal überarbeitet!
Glad we ordered two!