|Hard Drive||1 TB External|
|Number of USB 3.0 Ports||1|
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
Apricorn Aegis Padlock 1 TB USB 3.0 256-bit AES XTS Hardware Encrypted Portable External Hard Drive (A25-3PL256-1000)
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Utilizes Military Grade FIPS PUB 197 Validated Encryption Algorithm
- Super fast USB 3.0 Connection - Data transfer speeds up to 10X faster than USB 2.0
- Software Free Design - With no admin rights needed
- Sealed from Physical Attacks by Tough Epoxy Coating
- Brute Force Self Destruct Feature
- Wear Resistant Key Pad
- Compact, Rugged Design - Perfect for taking your data on the road
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Compare to similar items
This item Apricorn Aegis Padlock 1 TB USB 3.0 256-bit AES XTS Hardware Encrypted Portable External Hard Drive (A25-3PL256-1000)
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Beach Camera Same Day Shipping||Amazon.com|
|Digital Storage Capacity||1 TB||1 TB||4 TB||1 TB||1 TB||2 TB|
|Hard Disk Description||External||External||Desktop||portable||Portable||External|
|Hard-Drive Size||1 TB||1 TB||4 TB||1 TB||1,024 GB||2 TB|
|Hardware Connectivity||USB||USB||USB||USB||USB 3.0||USB 3.0, USB 3.0|
|Item Dimensions||0.75 x 4.5 x 3.25 in||3.75 x 4.5 x 0.75 in||1.5 x 7.2 x 4.2 in||3.25 x 4.75 x 0.75 in||3.8 x 6.1 x 2.6 in||4.25 x 1 x 2 in|
|Item Weight||0.5 lb||4 ounces||2.1 lbs||6.4 ounces||0.85 lb||3 lbs|
|Memory Storage Capacity||1 TB||1 TB||4||1 TB||—||2 TB|
|Size||1 TB||1 TB||4 TB||1 TB||—||2 TB|
Looking for an effortless way to secure your data while taking advantage of the fastest USB 3.0 speeds? Look no further than the Aegis Padlock 3.0. Featuring your choice of AES-XTS 128-bit or 256-bit hardware encryption the Aegis Padlock 3.0 seamlessly encrypts all data on the drive in real-time, keeping your data safe even if the hard drive is removed from its enclosure. With a super speed USB 3.0 interface, you can now access your files faster than ever before. The Aegis Padlock 3.0 is also backwards compatible with USB 2.0 and 1.1 ports. With no software installation required for setup or operation and the ability to run on any platform, the Aegis Padlock 3.0 provides stress free deployment in corporate environments. The Aegis Padlock 3.0 also employs a useful drive reset feature, which can be implemented with a unique command. This clears all PINs and data, and creates a new randomly generated encryption key, enabling the drive to be reset and redeployed as many times as needed. In addition to encrypting all of the PINs, data and the encryption key itself, the Aegis Padlock adds another barrier between a between your data and a hacker. The encryption chip and circuitry of the Aegis Padlock are completely protected by a super tough epoxy compound, which is virtually impossible to remove without damaging the drive.
Top customer reviews
1. Because there's no software to install, it works with media players and should work anywhere you use a standard USB hard drive. I keep kid's movies on a standard drive, and my movies on the Padlock. No need to worry about the kids watching R-rated movies when I'm not around!
2. Multiple passwords allow up to ten persons to enter their own password using the alpha-numeric keys. This is very convenient if you want to use your Windows password to access the drive. All other encryption devices I have tried allow only one user password or have only numeric keys. A separate Administrator password allows you to delete or add other user's passwords.
3. Low power consumption - I have been able to use the drive on every computer or media player I have without the provided Y-power cable.
What it won't do - the down side:
1. Although you can have multiple passwords, all users access the same data on the drive. It would be a real plus if file access could be controlled by which password is entered.
2. Rebooting your computer locks the drive even though power is never removed from the drive. I have a remote office and I do a lot of work using remote desktops. Occasionally I need to reboot the remote computer, and with this drive the data is inaccessible after the reboot. For me, this is a "deal breaker" and I need to stay with software encryption on a standard hard drive. It would be nice to have an optional software program to lock and unlock the drive.
The link is here in case it helps save you some time. It does involve modifying some Windows registry settings - Windows 10 is a fiasco:
Updated: I increased from 3 stars to 4 stars as the Manufacturer did a cross ship for me. Still a little concerned that my original drive was defective but SMART didn't pick it up and it only behaved defectively under certain situations (i.e. large backups). Brandon in support was always responsive and professional. Still prefer Western Digital drives over Seagate. Another thing to be aware of is that the instructions on the site are not complete or accurate for this unit. You may want to reach out to support to get the complete and accurate manual. You can't rely on a google search to give you the right manual. They may look right, but they aren't.