From the Manufacturer
Top Customer Reviews
The Good: Literally everything. I hate people that come and review a product and say something like this because they become less trust worthy if they only talk good about an item, but everything is actually really nice on this. It has a nice construction, feels sturdy enough to use for a few years, a decently long cord, not enough to get tangled but plenty to hold even from a low camera angle. plugs snugly into my T2i. All the buttons work as they are supposed to and are nicely organized.
The Bad: The only real bad thing I could see about this is what everyone else is saying, but in actuality its more of a good thing then a bad. You can not turn this off without removing the battery, but heres why it should be a good thing.
At first, the annoyance that I couldnt turn it off and save that precious battery life was absolutely irritating. However, the book says that the battery will last for 3 years. So I can constantly leave it on at all times, even in my bag, and when I get it out, its always on. It shows no lights when its on so there isnt going to be a random red light or anything like that inside your camera bag. So really, they just took out the step where you turn it on. Ive had it for a week and have used it for about 8 time lapses, my longest one thus far was for 7 hours at 30 seconds inbetween per picture, and it works absolutely amazingly. highly recommend this product.
* Accuracy: it gives the correct duration and number of exposures, and the correct duration and number of intervals
* It is easy to use with ambient or supplemental lighting
* Timing (hours, minutes, seconds) is easily set, even for high values, because each unit is treated separately (adjust each unit independently, up or down)
* The connector fits correctly and snugly in my T2i's port
* It is acceptably compact
* The on-screen symbols aren't especially intuitive, and thus the user has to use it often enough to commit them to memory
* The manual is in serious need of a skilled technical writer. It is poorly translated and not especially well thought-out, though it is complete enough for a patient user to understand and follow
* The buttons have no backlight (an annoyance for programming it in the dark)
* The screen backlight (it does have one) uses what I found is surprisingly precious battery life (see next con)
* The unit is always on. There is no off switch, unless you count opening the battery door as 'off'
* The single greatest concern I have is the unit consumes batteries at an alarming rate.Read more ›
Curious, I downloaded the manual for the Canon Intervalometer and this Chinese made unit operates IDENTICALLY. As a matter of fact, there are many companies selling these same units all over the web for a fraction of the Canon MSRP. Possibly those who give this a poor rating while warning that one should buy the expensive Canon brand intervalometer can explain exactly what makes one identical product worth more than another? The Canon product is also made of plastic. It is also made in China. Did I mention that they are ALL identical?
So, if they look identical, work the same, have the same features and are all made in China, those giving this unit a bad review need to explain clearly why anyone should pay 5 times more for the Canon brand? Please be specific.
While they are working on that simple question I will tell you that I enjoyed a nice dinner with my wife using the hundred bucs I saved by buying this Aputure brand unit, an exact duplicate of the Canon product, at one fifth the price.
OPTIONAL - the reality of marketing. Canon is clearly working a HUGE margin on various after market accessories and is putting it right to the consumer. In view of this gouging mentality where Canon views me as nothing but a chicken to be plucked naked, I wonder why anyone would find competition, REASONABLE PRICING and consumer choices to be a bad thing?Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
works for a good while and for the price you can't beat the price.Published 14 days ago by Robert M. Sawin III
Works like it should but it's a pain to get the settings you want because the control wheel is just silly. I used it for a bit but got so annoyed that I bought a much better one. Read morePublished 18 days ago by Jonathan Yoder
Expected a different Timer Camera Remote but received it this product instead. Picture on the box is different from what I received. False advertisement!Published 1 month ago by Krook
This timer works good, but the battery died on the first use. My son noticed the battery level was critically low after we were in a remote location set up to take photos of the... Read morePublished 1 month ago by Gary K
The battery is going dead 2 weeks after I got it. But It works well. Remember it only goes up to 99 shots or infinity.Published 1 month ago by Mike B.
Much like the experience of others here, this arrived DOA. It was promptly returned and I won't be getting a replacement.Published 1 month ago by Joe Parker
It worked very well, except battery (new) barely lasted for all night shoot.Published 1 month ago by eyeball