Industrial Deals Beauty Summer Reading STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Book House Cleaning gotcatchup gotcatchup gotcatchup  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis Trade it in. Fund the next. Shop Now toystl17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 30 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 34 reviews
on March 24, 2016
Our grill fireplace and planter turned out really nice. Brought out the stones colors wel. And really easy. We poured it in a spray bottle and sprayed with that. I think that gave us more use for our buck and we barely had enough. It is a very small bottle. Wish it was cheaper. But did what I wanted it to
review image review image
on March 25, 2014
First experience laying slate. This product enhanced the color of a pale, mostly non-descript light- buff colored slate to deep earthy moss-greens, golds, browns, blue-grays, blacks, and revealed much detail in the grain & structure of the stone. It totally changed the look for the better. It has mostly a 'matte' look. A few places under the right light have a slight sheen, but definitely duller than semi-gloss or gloss finishes. If you WANT a 'wet look' - get something else. This really does what it say: it deepens and brings out the colors you see when it is wet, and it looks wet when you apply it. But when dry/cured, it retains 90% or so (subjective) of the color depth, but the finish becomes much more 'matte'. It enhances, seals (water beads on surface), and has a natural 'matte' look when finished. Careful - it does seem to have some kind of oil-base, so I don't think water-based finishes will go on top of it, so if there is some further 'enhancing' or wet-look finish you want, you need to consider compatibility.

I applied it to every stone tile prior to laying it. Glad I did. The Enhancer also seals, so it makes excess mortar MUCH easier to clean off than would be otherwise. (compared to other stone experience, and bottoms & sides of tile which have no enhancer). Careful when pre-appying it that you minimize the amount that drips on edges or gets tranferred to back when you pick it up. When I went to pre-wet the backs of the tiles for back-buttering, I can sometimes see a few drips and my fingerprints on the back where I accidentally must have transferred some of the product while moving them from workbench to dry-rack.

I used approx 1-3/4 qts for 150 12"x12" slate tiles. It will likely take the rest of the 2nd qt to give one overall finish once all down & grout complete. I ordered a third to make sure I had enough for this and for future refreshes / touch ups (slate can chip easily & floor = foot traffic).

The floor, though looks terrific. Not yet finished, but so excited. I cannot comment on longevity of the enhanced look. I expect the slate will chip a bit and we'll see discoloration there. As far as simply deteriorating, or wearing due to foot traffic I don't know. It does appear the product goes INTO the stone and is not merely a surface finish, which in encouraging in that respect. Some stones absorbed more than others. For some a coat or two was sufficient; other stones drank 4 to 6 coats before full color was solidified.

I applied with brush. Some suggest sprayer - but I was afraid of controlling for drip on side & back. So all of my perspective is from brush applied. Also, have not grouted or applied to that yet. Have tested it on grout samples & it looks same there as on stone.

Very happy with product, and if I wanted sealed against water penetration, enhanced color, non 'wet-look', I would definitely purchase this again.
on February 18, 2015
I have always wanted to put up a stone backsplash in my kitchen and we finally did, but after we finished, it looked very bland. So I found this product and decided to stain it with the Aqua stone enhancer. It turned out so nice, it made the tile slightly darker, gave it a shine and brought out the color. I was so happy with my purchase.
on May 14, 2010
My contractor uses this on every slate floor job he does. It does enhance (darken) the colors of the stone as well as seal. Once dry, it isn't shiny- the rocks still look dry. They just have that deep color you'd see if they were wet. I had accidentally bought a different product (that turned out to be just a sealer) to finish another stone floor that I had done myself. There was a big difference. The rocks with the plain sealer were a lot lighter and more dull. Thank goodness I could get that other sealer off by using acetone so that I could still use this enhancer on that floor.
on September 22, 2016
This is spendy stuff, but a little goes a long way. I have used this on indoor polished marble (it brings it to life a bit), but the best result was using it on our outdoor slate patio. I know it won't last forever (not in our Arizona sun), but if I get even a year or two out of it it will be worth it. It will darken your slate and the grout, but it drastically changed for the better. Our slate was lifeless before this application. Follow directions; put on and wipe off immediately.
on March 4, 2013
I have a sandstone waterfall in my house entrance and after 10 years was beginning to look crappy. I had it cleaned with acid and other cleaners but the stone was still dull. A tile installer recommended stone enhancer so I tried this via Amazon. It came into 2 days. I brushed it on with a paint brush, added a second coat and voila a newly restorred waterfall. Everyone comments how nice the stone looks.
on September 6, 2013
It does enhance (darken) the colors of the stone as well as seal. Once dry, it isn't shiny- the rocks still look dry. They just have that deep color you'd see if they were wet. But, READ ALL instructions well!!
on January 30, 2017
We have a stone shower which is quite beautiful. It needs to be Stone Enhanced approx every six months to keep it's varied colors looking rich and beautiful. The installer of the stone used it and recommended our continued use as necessary. My local source for this product is 50 miles one way from our home so it was so great to find it available through Amazon. It is a great product.
on November 5, 2014
I used this product on a stone shower floor when I ripped out my master bath. You set the stones in the shower floor with the tile mud and let it dry for 24 hours. Then put two coats of this stone enhancer on before grouting (let each coat dry for 24 hours). Makes the stones look wet. Easy to apply.
on January 19, 2013
I used the Aqua Mix stone enhancer on a new travertine back splash. I first applied it to a few test tiles, and while it had some effect I was somewhat disappointed. While pondering these results I noticed how much stone dust remained on the tiles from being processed. After thoroughly cleaning a few more test tiles and applying I was very pleased with the results.

To clean the entire back splash I scrubbed it down with a wet scotchbrite pad, then wiped it down with a CLEAN grout sponge. By clean, I mean I would only wipe a very small area before rinsing the sponge. The scotchbrite also did a great job of cleaning up any excess grout I had left behind. Unless you don't want the colors to come out at all, I think you would really have to do this with just about any natural stone.

While applying I was a little concerned about some grout joints. I kept seeing hairline cracks in the grout where the sealer was penetrating quickly. In other areas the sealer did not seem to be penetrating the grout evenly even where there were no cracks. However, several hours later, everything was nice and even with no issues.

Actual application of the product was easy and I would say it could be applied with just about anything (brush, sponge, high-nap roller, etc.). It is a little on the thick side so applying on a vertical surface isn't impossible but not too thick. I used about 1/3 of the quart to cover about 35 square feet of 1in X 2in travertine with a 1/2in X 1/2in accent in it, but applied it quite liberally and had a fair amount that had dripped down to my granite counter, where I just wiped it in to the counter.

The final result was essentially all the colors that showed through wile it was wet, but without the glossy finish.

In summary:
- It's extremely important to make sure the tiles are clean and have any stone dust removed prior to application.
- The penetration of the sealer will even out over several hours.
- Ultimately, this product is only going to reveal the colors present in the stone. Wet your tiles well and that is the color you will end up with, but with a matte finish.