Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
+ $5.49 shipping
Aqua-Pure AP430SS Hot Water System Protector
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- Binds calcium and magnesium hardness minerals, preventing them from precipitating out of solution and building up on metallic surfaces
- Inlet/Outlet Size:3/4 inch NPT,Dimensions height 10 1/4 inch(26.0),Diameter 2 3/4 inch.Contains siliphos, a 100% Pure FOOD Grade scale inhibitor approved by usda
- Stainless Steel head
- Flow rate 6 gallons per minute
- Max operating Temp. 100F. Allow a minimum of 2 inch clear space under filter to facilitate cartridge change
|Number of Items||1|
|Lower Temperature Rating||40|
|Upper Temperature Rating||100|
|UPC||806294983278 , 809390002232 , 807032971540 , 733353983729 , 617407777567 , 808112759379 , 809188528241 , 783961259686 , 051128889879 , 016145004308|
|EAN||0807032971540 , 0016145004308 , 4368995064251 , 0808112759379 , 0783961259686 , 0617407777567 , 6848429238420 , 0809188528241 , 0806294983278 , 7566908076187 , 0733353983729 , 0051128889879 , 0809390002232 , 5272003723285|
|National Stock Number||5130-01-073-0811|
|Number of Sets||1|
|Operating Pressure Range||25-125|
|Style||Hot Water System Protector|
Specification for this product family
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
From the manufacturer
- Polyphosphates, included in this product, help to inhibit scale build-up in water heaters (standard and tank-less styles) and in water using appliances such as dishwashers and clothes washers which can help extend the life of hot water-using appliances
- Scale inhibition also helps protect piping from corrosion
- Easy cartridge change-out helps provide easy system maintenance
- FDA CFR-21 compliant materials*
3M Aqua-Pure Whole House Scale Inhibition Water Treatment System AP430SS
- The 3M Whole House Scale Inhibition Water Treatment System AP430SS is designed to reduce scale build-up on hot water-using appliances such as water heaters (standard and tank-less), clothes washers and dishwashing machines, and on plumbing fixtures like faucets, pipes, and shower heads. The AP430SS provides unrestricted flow of up to 10 gpm with ¾” NPT inlet/outlet connections.
- The 3M Whole House Scale Inhibition Water Treatment System AP430SS contains polyphosphates to bind calcium and magnesium hardness minerals, preventing them from precipitating out (or becoming a solid) and building up on metallic surfaces such as water heaters and plumbing fixtures like faucets, pipes and shower heads.
- The overall design of the scale inhibition system makes the installation and cartridge change-out easy for professionals. The 3M Whole House Scale Inhibition Water Treatment System AP430SS is to be installed on the cold water supply line of the water heater or at point-of-entry of water into the home. The scale inhibition system helps extend the life of downstream water-using appliances such as water heaters (standard and tank-less), clothes washers and dishwashing machines, as well as plumbing fixtures like faucets, pipes and shower heads by reducing scale build-up and corrosion.
- Polyphosphates in minute concentrations of 2-3 ppm, effectively help prevent scale build-up by inhibiting the deposition of hardness minerals onto metallic surfaces. Polyphosphates also helps prevent corrosion by forming a thin protective layer on the metal surface. The 3M Scale Inhibition Water Treatment System AP430SS is manufactured using FDA CFR-21 compliant materials* and is suitable for drinking and cooking water, and food applications.
- 3M branded water filtration products have been addressing water quality issues for over 50 years. 3M products offer a wide range of solutions designed to address many types of water quality concerns. Third-party certifications, such as NSF and WQA, are an advantage provided on many 3M Aqua-Pure water quality improvement solutions. 3M, a household brand name, is a known name in filtration technology recognized for innovation, trust and quality around the world.
- Having clean and clear drinking water in your home is both a pleasure and a reassurance that you're giving your family the best. With a water filtration system from 3M Purification, you can provide filtered drinking water for every member of your family. From whole home water filtration to drinking water systems, look to 3M Purification to help you find the right solution.
- For more than a century, 3M has applied innovation and technology to improving customers’ lives and supporting their business goals. Today the company, from its headquarters in St. Paul, Minnesota, serves industrial and commercial customers and consumers in nearly 200 countries. The 3M brand, across thousands of products, represents consistency, superior quality, and value. Success begins with 3M culture of creative collaboration that inspires a never ending stream of powerful technologies and product solutions that make life better. 3M has an ability to apply technologies – often in combination – to an endless array of real-world customer needs. Of course, all of this made possible by the people of 3M, and their singular commitment to make life easier and better for people around the world. 3M is committed to providing innovative, cost-effective products that help protect people, equipment, and the environment. 3M Purification Inc. (formerly CUNO Incorporated), provides filtration and separation solutions for residential, food service, science labs, industrial, marine, and other applications.
- Flow rates up to 10 gpm/37.9 lpm
- ¾” NPT inlet/outlet connections
- 304 stainless steel hear for 'sweat-in-place' installation and corrosion resistance
- 25 – 125 psi/172 – 862 kPa pressure range
- 40 - 100°F/37.8°C temperature range
- System materials are FDA CFR-21 compliant*
|System & Ap431 Filter||Replacment Filter|
|Flow Rate (Gallons Per Minute)||10 gpm||10 gpm|
|Replacement Interval||Up to 6 Months||Up to 6 Months|
|Inlet Outlet Size||3/4" NPT||N/A|
|Pressure Range||25 - 125 psi||25 - 125 psi|
|Filter Type||Quick Change Cartridge||Quick Change Cartridge|
|Temperature Range (Fahrenheit)||40 - 100°F||40 - 100°F|
|Part Number / 3M ID||AP43010 / 70020003060||AP43111 / 70020319276|
Aquapure by cuno hot water system protector to reduce scale build up in pipes and extend life of water heater. Installs on cold water side of hot water system to inhibit scaling and corrosion. Whole house scale inhibition water treatment system. Ap430-10 features: -product type: whole house -filter component: filtration system -filter change indicator: no. Dimensions: -overall HEIGHT - top to bottom:13 -overall WIDTH - side to side:2 -overall depth - front to back:2 -overall product WEIGHT:2.25 .
From the Manufacturer
Aquapure by Cuno hot water system protector to reduce scale build up in pipes and extend life of water heater. Installs on cold water side of hot water system to inhibit scaling and corrosion.
Style: Hot Water System Protector
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Legal Disclaimer3M packages and labels its industrial/commercial products for purchase and use by industrial, professional, and commercial customers. Unless specifically stated on the product package or applicable product literature, 3M industrial products are not packaged, labeled, or intended for sale to individual consumers (ie., the general public).
Showing 1-5 of 461 reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
It is not a filter. It is a water treatment system.
The stainless steel head is robust and a nice solid chunk of metal. Easily could withstand brazing/soldering, on the spot, with the cartridge off.
The 3/4" NPT inlet and outlet has nearly a clear flow path, so your GPM, will not be reduced. Install a ball or gate valve in front to permit easy cartridge changeouts.
The tee must be orientated to the water flow, use the arrow on the side of the tee, for the water to get treated while flowing.
There is an elevated tab in the tee with a single hole for directing a small portion of the water down into the center whole of the cartridge.
The water slowly dissolves a small amount of food-grade polyphosphate from the beads and, using the venturi effect, the water is then pulled back through the 8 holes in the cartridge perimeter and through the 3 holes in the tee, surrounding the center tab, to mix with the flowing water.
Only 2 to 3 ppm is needed to treat for scale.
From past uses at a different home, I've gotten about 20,000 gallons out of a cartridge with still some beads rattling in the bottom when replacing the cartridge.
I would say that if you used less than 2,000 gallons a month then one cartridge should easily last a year.
The cartridge threads are plastic and you can easily cross-thread them if you get in a hurry replacing the cartridge. Just make sure you get the threads started straight and it screws up with no problems.
The threads do no provide the seal, it is the o-ring so once hand-tight that is tight enough.
I installed this myself using sharkbite push-to-connect fittings. It took me about 30 minutes and there were zero leaks post job. The fittings cost about $35 and saved me $200 if I had a plumber do the work (based on 2 quotes). I highly recommend the sharkbite fitting if you plan to DIY and also watch the how-to videos online.
You will need the adapter before you can use it. It's listed on the same page and comes with one cartridge included.
We installed this directly before the hot water tank, after the rest of the cold water spits off. That means less total water going though it, and I imagine the cartridge will last longer this way. It says to replace it every 6 months, but our household are low water users, so we have been replacing it about once a year. After a year, I can shake it and still hear the chips inside, but I don't know if that means there is still active ingredient left.
It's worth a try if you are at your wits end replacing water tanks. It seems to be working for us.
Btw...I installed this filter right before water enters my tank-less water heater. Installation is simple...use Sharkbite PTC fittings, tubing and make sure to add a SharkBite ball valve before and after the filter. Pretty simple installation.