Aqua Quest Defender Tarp Medium 10 x 7 ft - Heavy Duty Waterproof Nylon Shelter - Compact, Versatile & Durable
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- 100% WATERPROOF: The Aqua Quest ‘Defender’ will keep you completely dry, even in a torrential downpour. With a hydrostatic resistance of 20,000 mm, you can be absolutely sure not a single drop of water will get through your tarp.
- EXTREMELY DURABLE: The Defender has a proven record of being incredibly durable and resilient to the forces of nature, even after extended use. 70D nylon + Heavy TPU coating + Reinforced stitching + Heat taped seams = 2.7 lbs of superb defense against mother nature.
- COMPACT: With its own convenient stuff-sack, and a packed size of 12 x 6 x 2.5 inch, the Defender is an incredibly tough tarp that still packs up small. Tuck it away and be prepared for when you need it most.
- VERSATILE: With 20 reinforced webbing loops around the perimeter, pole inserts in all four corners, and 1 top center loop for overhead hanging, you’ve got all angles covered. Set it up in virtually any situation - you don't even need trees! Say goodbye to regular tarps, and hello to a tarp that’s stronger, quieter, more compact, more versatile, longer lasting, and more waterproof.
- USA SERVICE & WARRANTY: Aqua Quest is based in the Pacific Northwest, where they have designed and tested waterproof gear since 96. All products are protected by AQ’s Two-Year ‘No Worries Warranty’. Toll-free customer service Mon-Fri, 10-5 PST, at 1-844-775-7770.
Frequently bought together
Customers also shopped for
Customers who bought this item also bought
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
About the Defender Medium Performance Tarp
Welcome to waterproof. The Defender tarp will keep you completely dry, even in extreme weather conditions. The Defender is the most heavy-duty of AquaQuest’s performance tarps, with a proven record of durability and resilience. Constructed of substantial 70D nylon fabric with a dual DWR and TPU coating, the Defender lives up to its name when facing the forces of nature.
The Defender Medium boasts a total of 21 reinforced webbing loops (including one in the very center for overhead hanging), providing nearly unlimited set-up options. Be at home in almost any environment or landscape! While robust in performance, the Defender still packs small, and comes with its own stuff sack.
SPECS & FEATURES
- 20,000 mm hydrostatic resistance
- Reinforced stitching and heat taped seams
- Weight: 2.5 lbs
- Packed Size: 12 x 6 x 3 inches
- Finished Dimensions: 9 ft 7 inches x 6 ft 7 inches
- Total area: 64 sq ft
About Our Tarp Features
AquaQuest tarp fabrics and coatings create a waterproof shield with an industry-leading hydrostatic resistance, ensuring that you and your gear stay dry even in the most adverse weather conditions.
AquaQuest tarps are built to last, constructed with robust fabrics, heavy-duty webbing loops, reinforced stitching and heat taped seams to perform and protect in rugged conditions.
With an array of reinforced webbing loops around the perimeter and across the ridgeline, AquaQuest tarps are designed for adaptability and function in any terrain.
AquaQuest Performance Tarps Comparison Chart
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Seller Warranty DescriptionAll Purchases are Automatically Protected by Aqua Quest's 'No Worries' Two (2) Year Warranty
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
The 10x7 is large enough for one person (I think the perfect size for one and weighs less) and I wish they carried it here. I have many tarps and will tell you now what's so good about this on.
1. It is By far the most durable tarp I have seen. it has two types of water proof coatings. (Reason for thickness)
2. The tie out points (loops) are second to none, the sewing is perfect and they are reinforced perfectly.
3. The ridgeline is reinforced with a nylon strap.
4. There are tieouts under the tarp, which is great.
5. It's already sealed with heat tape. No need to seal this tarp at home.
6. Sewing is second to none. This tarp is just about bullet proof.
It's the one tarp I actually don't mind my dog running on while I set it up. She loves to play with my tarps and wool blankets.
The 10x7 runs a bit over 2.5 lbs. is perfect size and the weight is acceptable.
1. The only bad is the cost, but it's worth it. I think...
Tarps I own and compare it to..
1. Dd hammock 3x3 flat tarp (excellent tarp too)
2. Terra nova adventure 2 (nice tarp could have a few more tie out points)
3. Bushcraft outfitters 10x8 (nice too, lighter, needs 2 more tie out points)
4. Bear paw wilderness designs (ultralight, very nice)
5. Warbonnet superfly tarp (huge, ultralight)
6. Goat range 9x9 off Amazon (19 bucks, light extremely surprised at quality in light of cost)
7. Dd hammock 1.5x1.5m tarp great little guy (not big but very helpful)
And a few more.
Every tarp I listed above are great tarps though, for their intended purpose. Lighter weight less durable, more durable tarps get heavy when you pack more.
It's a trade off.
Clearly these tarps are built to last a lifetime, so they'll be living in more substantial 72+ hour total BUG OUT kits. These would make excellent tarps for those that don't camp light, like RV'ers.
If you want a lightweight GO BAG, buy a cheaper and/or lighter tarp...maybe a simple USGI poncho, which is what I decided was the best option for my GO BAG's.
Have used it twice hammock camping and my only complaint is it is 3 pieces instead of 1 or 2 . So instead of one seam there is two which makes it heavier. And more chance to leak and more to seam seal. Other than this I love it
The only reason I am needing to order another tarp is that one of our TNR cats has loved jumping onto the tarp like a hammock, and then playing "catch the human" while I sit on the bench to feed the cats. :-) I know I could have deterred his behavior, but it's been so much fun playing like that, and I figured it was worth a bit more wear and tear than usual. As a result, there are small pin-prick holes from the cat's claws that are allowing a bit of rain to enter the feeding area, so I have ordered a second tarp today to place on top of the original. If it weren't for my encouraging the "play-on-the-tarp" game, I think the original would be wear-free and last many more years based on its current condition. I'm very grateful to the manufacturers for creating such an excellent product, and to Amazon for making it available!