- Shipping Information: View shipping rates and policies
- ASIN: B07HYH5JBJ
- Average Customer Review: 372 customer reviews
Amazon Best Sellers Rank:
#19,504 in Sports & Outdoors (See Top 100 in Sports & Outdoors)
Product Warranty: For warranty information about this product, please click here
- #19 in Camping Tent Tarps
Aqua Quest Defender Tarp - 100% Waterproof Heavy Duty Nylon Bushcraft Survival Shelter - 10x7, 10x10, 13x10, 15x15 Camo or Olive Drab…
|Sale:||Lower price available on select options|
- 100% WATERPROOF - The Aqua Quest Defender tarp is available in 10x7, 10x10 and 13x10 ft sizes and also as a kit in each size, and will keep you completely dry, even in extreme weather. With a hydrostatic resistance of 20,000 mm, you can be absolutely certain that not a single drop of water will get through your tarp.
- EXTREMELY DURABLE - The Defender has a proven record of being incredibly durable and resilient to the forces of nature, even after extended use. 70D nylon + Heavy TPU coating + Reinforced stitching + Heat taped seams = 2.7 lbs of superb defense against mother nature.
- COMPACT - With its own convenient stuff-sack, and surprisingly small packed sizes, the Defender is an incredibly tough tarp that takes up very little space. Tuck it away and be prepared for when you need it most.
- VERSATILE - With 19 to 24 reinforced webbing loops in and around the perimeter, 1 top center loop for overhead hanging and pole inserts in all four corners, you’ve got all angles covered. Set it up in virtually any situation - you don't even need trees! Say goodbye to regular tarps, and hello to a tarp that’s stronger, quieter, more compact, more versatile, longer lasting, and more waterproof.
- USA SERVICE & WARRANTY: Aqua Quest is based in the Pacific Northwest, where they have designed and tested waterproof gear since ‘96. All products are protected by AQ’s Two-Year ‘No Worries Warranty’. Toll-free customer service Mon-Fri, 10-5 PST, at 1-844-775-7770.
Customers also shopped for
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
The Aqua Quest Defender tarps are the real deal. Choose the medium, square or large size, and head out with supreme confidence… anytime, anywhere, and in any configuration you can scheme up! Perfect for camping, emergency survival, or as an awning around your RV or home. Keep this multifunctional tarp in your car, truck, motorcycle, boat, ATV, or hovercraft, and be ready for when you need it. Be smart, buy quality, and be prepared. There is no better tarp for defending yourself against the elements.
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
372 customer reviews
Review this product
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
The 10x7 is large enough for one person (I think the perfect size for one and weighs less) and I wish they carried it here. I have many tarps and will tell you now what's so good about this on.
1. It is By far the most durable tarp I have seen. it has two types of water proof coatings. (Reason for thickness)
2. The tie out points (loops) are second to none, the sewing is perfect and they are reinforced perfectly.
3. The ridgeline is reinforced with a nylon strap.
4. There are tieouts under the tarp, which is great.
5. It's already sealed with heat tape. No need to seal this tarp at home.
6. Sewing is second to none. This tarp is just about bullet proof.
It's the one tarp I actually don't mind my dog running on while I set it up. She loves to play with my tarps and wool blankets.
The 10x7 runs a bit over 2.5 lbs. is perfect size and the weight is acceptable.
1. The only bad is the cost, but it's worth it. I think...
Tarps I own and compare it to..
1. Dd hammock 3x3 flat tarp (excellent tarp too)
2. Terra nova adventure 2 (nice tarp could have a few more tie out points)
3. Bushcraft outfitters 10x8 (nice too, lighter, needs 2 more tie out points)
4. Bear paw wilderness designs (ultralight, very nice)
5. Warbonnet superfly tarp (huge, ultralight)
6. Goat range 9x9 off Amazon (19 bucks, light extremely surprised at quality in light of cost)
7. Dd hammock 1.5x1.5m tarp great little guy (not big but very helpful)
And a few more.
Every tarp I listed above are great tarps though, for their intended purpose. Lighter weight less durable, more durable tarps get heavy when you pack more.
It's a trade off.
The water beaded off the tarp nicely when folding and allowed for quick storage in the pouch to move along the trail in the AM. Lastly, once home I opened it up and it only took a couple hours for the water to dry with no residual musty smell I get from some of the silnylon tarps. Thanks for making such a bomber tarp
can't say enough good thing about this product...just buy it ... you'll not regret it !
ok,this is an update ...I've used this tarp for exactly ten 2 day trips and its AMAZINGLY stood up all the use and abuse ....awesome tarp awesome !
As has been my experience with Aqua Quest products, the individual unit I received was PERFECT. Seams were straight and taped accurately, grommets fully compressed, tie-outs sturdy, carry bag multi-purpose useful. I have no doubt that I can line a hole in the ground and not lose water to leakage as well as make a dry spot anywhere in nearly any weather.
Is there a way to make a better tarp? Yes, 100% Aramid which would be nearly fire and spark proof and retail at 10x the cost of nylon. Not holding my breath.
AQ 10 x10 Defender tarp: Recommended highly.