Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch New Album by Prophets of Rage GNO for iPhone 8 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now ToyHW17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 77 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 89 reviews
on January 16, 2017
I purchased this item to be my shelter for my thru hike of the Pacific Crest Trail. As for the many shelters i had to choose from I selected this one because of it's light weight, compact storage, ease of set up and it's excellent waterproofing ability.
on April 24, 2013
I bought this bivy last year, and it has performed very well for me. We do not get a lot of rain, so I cannot speak of the level of water proofing. It does condense quite a lot, but leaving the bivy open to air out throughout the day fixes that. I do not get wet, but there is a good amount of condensation on my sleeping bag when I wake up. I am a very big guy, 6'5" 275, and I fit in the bivy quite well. I have room for a few odds and ends up in the "head" of the bivy, so that is nice. Smaller folks would have room for considerably more, but I feel it is ample, even for a Sasquatch. It weighs virtually nothing, and packs quite small. It sets up in no time, and tears down the same way. It is no struggle at all to get it back in the bag it came in! I'm gonna try tying out the sides, and top of the bivy next time, to see if that helps with the airflow/condensation issues. There are loops in strategic locations on top of the bivy to assist in tie off options. One could get the bivy completely off of the sleeping bag by tying it up, if you are using a summer bag, and a closed cell foam pad. At that point, I think you could call it a tent!!

HAPPY HIKING!!
on May 14, 2015
This is my first ever bivy so I don't have much to compare it to but I can say that there was quite a bit more moisture buildup than I expected. I live in Arizona and camp in the dry desert so I was surprised to wake up to water droplets all over the inside of the bivy. It wasn't that cold outside (maybe 40 degrees) so it wasn't a big issue but I can see how it would be a problem if you were camping in extreme cold. Other than that it was great. Roomy enough for me to sleep comfortably (I'm 6'2", 200 pounds) and much warmer inside of it than outside and easily fits into my backpack.
on August 4, 2014
I bought this Bivy for my bicycle trip across the country. As many reviewer said, condensation could be a problem. With 76 days on road from Virginia to Oregon, this bivy served me well. The condensation problem could be reduced with the top cover open in a half or more. However, it has a lot of condensation with cold heavy rain (Grand Teton). An extra tarp to cover it in case of rain probably will fix it.
on May 28, 2014
Bivy was awesome. Packed it in my backpack with sleeping bag, small tarp, flashlight, blow up pillow and a snap light for the front.
Kept dry and roomy and shakes out (no broom or dustpan required) and repacks easily. Recommended and liked by all the boy scouts and leaders. The front screen was large so no claustophia and kept out an assortment of flying critters.
Helpful hint: do not zip up your sleeping bag as the bivy zips up. Makes it easier to move around, plenty of inside room and to get in and out of. Very warm inside for beach camping.
on September 26, 2014
I backpacked through Europe with this thing attached to my pack. It's quite light and durable. I slept in it for 7 nights in the hail, snow, rain, and dry weather.

This is a good product if you're simply looking for shelter against wind, rain, snow and hail. This isn't meant to keep you warm. While it did keep external moisture out, condensation does build up when it's sealed. I'm 5'10", 180 lbs and it fit well inside, and had some space to store some items inside with me.
on May 15, 2015
Last September a group of us went into the high country near Florence Lake ,ca . We set up base camp around 10000 feet and it snowed for three days. I'm 6'2 and 260lbs and I had room for a little extra gear in this bivy and of course the conditions were not optimal . I kept the vent open at night to help with condensate . So you can survive in this. I have yet to try it in nice weather. I suggest taking about three extra stakes and some para cord to make it tight just in case you encounter snow or rain. Overall good product.
on November 23, 2015
I bought the green color version. Simple set up. Light weight. Packs into two small stuff sacks. This is a Bivy and not a tent. There is comfortable space available for one inside the enclosure. Two people would make for very cramped quarters. I bought it for an emergency snow bank kit inside of my van. If tied at the foot and head the Single hoop will stand upright with no further tie outs.
on June 16, 2014
Lightweight, easy to put up, sleeps well, I have plenty of room but I am 5'1". The problem I had was condensation, during cold weather I did not open the fly too much and even the boggen on my head got wet, the only other problem I had is my problem not the tent. I have a fear of snakes and they could get too close to me in this tent.
on August 4, 2015
If you are a real down and dirty back pack travler, this will do what you need, yes it is sealed and will keep out water when it is sitting in it, good luck getting out of it when its sitting in water but thats just back country camping.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.