Buy Used and Save: Buy a Used "Aquaclear 50-Gallon Foam Inserts, 3-Pack" and save 21% off the $5.09 list price. Buy with confidence as the condition of this item and its timely delivery are guaranteed under the "Amazon A-to-z Guarantee". See all Used offers.
Aquaclear Foam Inserts, 3-Pack
|Price:||$5.09 & FREE Shipping on orders over $49. Details|
- Traps particles and debris; Tailored fit prevents bypass
- Designed to fit the AquaClear 50 filter
- Suitable for aquariums between 20 to 50 gallons
- 3-pack; Economical way to purchase inserts
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Top Customer Reviews
A few bits of advice:
1) Use a pre-filter sponge over the intake for added biologocal activity as well as preventing small fish or shrimp from getting sucked into filter
2) Regularly (once a month) shake/squeeze both the pre0filter sponge you put on as well as the media from in the filter in water you JUST REMOVED from your tank when doing your regular water change. DO NOT rinse the media in tap water ro use hot or cold water period.
3) Once a month, unplug and unscrew the motor housing and remove the impeller and use an old toothbrush or cotton swab and clean both the impeller and the impeller housing.
These AquaClears are workhorses and the ability to tailor the filtration to your individual tank makes them invaluable.
5 starts on this one!
This foam block is made out of a material that will not wear out in a typical aquarium environment. However, if you have a tank that produces a lot of debris, say if you keep plants like Java Moss, it is possible to get the foam clogged to the point that it will take a lot of work to get all of the debris out. At that point, rather than spending all of that effort, you may just be better off replacing the sponge.
Why 4 stars instead of 5? In my opinion, the coarse design of the sponge media allows too much smaller particles to get through. By that, I mean that it is not as good as clearing cloudy water as a floss-type filter media. The Aquaclear design also seems to allow more water by-pass than most of its competitors. This is a review of the filter sponge media, however, it is hard to review this without taking the design of the whole filtration system into consideration.
Now, what can you do with your clogged filter sponge after you've decided to replace it with a new sponge? You can rinse out and use it as a substrate for your plants. For example, if you go to your local pet shop and view the plants, you will find a lot of them now come in small, sealed, plastic bags. These plants were grown using tissue culturing, and they come to you rooted in a gel medium. This method has a lot of advantages (no snails, algae, or parasites hitchhiking on the plant!) to you.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Product works but watch out for missing pieces. The impeller assembly was missing so I put an old one my fishes won't survive another night with out a filter.Published 4 days ago by Amazon Customer
They were not the right foam filters. It appeared as though someone cut up some weird foam material and shoved it in the box. They weren't even the correct size foam squares. Read morePublished 5 days ago by Amazon Customer
These are a great way to build a biological filter and get rid of all the large debree before it gets into the rest of your filter items.Published 5 days ago by Amazon Customer
this product is good enough for me. I cut it to fit my filter.Published 7 days ago by Amazon Customer
Excellent inserts that fits perfect on my Fluval hanging filter. I've used these before and with a little care they will last for a long time! Great price for 3 foam inserts! Read morePublished 19 days ago by EDRM