Chinook XP Tandem XL - Aquaglide 585215034
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
Customers also shopped for
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Chinook� XP Tandem is ideal for family use, with plenty of room for two adults plus a child, pet or gear with room to spare. Specifications: 12' 10" L x 36" W (inflated) Weight: 38.1 lbs (17.3 kg) Capacity: 550 lbs (250 kg)
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Update 1/25/17: Still going strong with this thing. Still loving it. We did have one side bladder spring a very small leak near the seam. It was still under warranty and they sent me a brand new replacement side bladder set (both bladders). No other issues since other than some discoloration from the sun. Even though we have UV treated it, it's sort of purple now since we mostly use it for full days out at the beach. The discoloration does not affect the function of the kayak so we don't care much.
1. The boat is definitely great for lakes and gentle rivers. We haven't taken it on any whitewater yet, but my husband thinks it would be ok for rivers with mild rapids.
2. It doesn't include paddles or a pump. I bought these paddles: Shoreline Marine Kayak Paddle Rounded 96" and this pump: Advanced Elements Double Action Pump with Pressure Guage. I had originally bought a battery powered pump, but it didn't have the power necessary to inflate the kayak until it was hard. It inflates pretty fast with the hand pump.
3. There is a fin in the back, which makes steering easier.
4. Setup and take down are pretty fast (~10 minutes) once you get the hang of it.
5. The position of the chairs in the boat is adjustable, so you can sit as far forward or as far back in the boat as you like. The angle of the backrest is also adjustable. The third middle seat is sort of like a wide bike seat. We haven't tried it yet.
6. The boat had plenty of room for me, my husband, and a medium sized cooler.
If you're on the fence about which boat to buy, I think this one is a great option. It seems to be a good value for the price. No frills, but a great starter boat.