Top positive review
7 people found this helpful
An extremely useful guide
on May 13, 2012
This book gives a fantastic explanation of what you'll need to set up your own aquaponics system, including the benefits and drawbacks of various materials, size ratios, etc. The information is comprehensive and extremely useful - everything from what size tanks one should use to the pros and cons of using lava rocks, gravel, etc. as a medium, to what you can grow to feed the fish.
There weren't any major drawbacks to the book, but it seemed like the first third of it was a discussion of the environmental and food sustainability issues facing the world. While this is related to aquaponics, this section was old and common sense information that should have taken a couple paragraphs, not 33% of the book. Regardless, the other 67% was invaluable.