Industrial Deals Beauty Save up to 90% on textbooks STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show Limited-time offer: All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 103 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 109 reviews
on May 20, 2011
We bought this nursery when we discovered 7 very tiny orange fish floating in our tank. It works perfectly. I took out all of the dividers and the 7 little fish have more than enough room to grow safely. I put a piece of plant inside the nursery in case they wanted to seek cover. You keep the box about an inch above water so the little fish cannot sneak out. Very pleased with this product.
on March 31, 2016
Where to start? If you mount it to the side of an aquarium with the water at the proper level. You can't remove the lid or unit from the bracket because of the aquarium frame. Kind of an inconvenience. One of our mollys had over 20 fry. All but 2 have escaped through the slits. We had a 3-4 week old baby of unknown breed that the aquarium store guy gave my daughter. It is about 3/8 of an inch long. Somehow, it got INTO the breeding tank! So, the tank is basically worthless for keeping the fry safe.
on February 11, 2013
I've yet to have any fry survive this breeder. I have guppy and platy fry that survive without the use of a breeder tank in 2 of my other tanks, but one of my tanks has too many barbs and other excitable fish that usually eat up all the fry before I even know the mama has given birth. So in this one tank, I had decided to try this breeder box. I've put swordtail mamas and molly mamas in there, and so far none of the fry have survived. Some get their bodies trapped in the slits of the V, and never make it to the bottom of the breeder. The few that do make it to the bottom of the breeder get their bodies torn in half by the fish on the outside of the tank when their tails dangle thru the slits on the bottom of the breeder. So I wake up in the morning to a bunch of fish heads in the breeder. I put java moss in the box and a layer of gravel in the bottom of the breeder so that at least if the fish make it thru the V of the breeder, it might save them from the fish outside the breeder. This last time, I left out the V partition and just have gravel, a ton of java moss, and the insert that has a bunch of slits in it; only I put that in upside down, hoping the babies will at least fit thru the bigger slits. Also, the V insert is VERY hard to get out. After the last mama delivered, and there were a bunch of fry stuck in the top because their heads were too big to drop to bottom of breeder, I tried taking the V insert out while in the tank so that the babies could be in bottom of the tank. I probably killed more fry trying to take the V out. Very difficult. Also, the box does not always stay stuck to the side of the tank, maybe in a tank full of guppies, but not in a tank full of other larger and more active fish. I've found this box dangling halfway down the tank, being jostled about by the airline. Oh, and the lack of instructions for how to put it together is disappointing. For those wanting to try this, it comes together the right way in the box. Just make sure when you take it out of the box, that you remember exactly how it was put together. That was very confusing for me the first time because my excited 8 yr old unpacked it for me. :(
on September 3, 2015
This is one of 2 breeding boxes I own, and this one is definitely the best. The built in filter/air intake is a must have. The other great feature is that the suction cup mounting piece and the box itself attach and detach with ease, which is great if you need to adjust placement or take out the box for cleaning. I'd say about 75% of the fry swim/fall to the bottom of the box out of mama's reach and about 25% hang around until mom lovingly eats them, but that's not really a design flaw it's just nature.

I never used the divider. The box only seems big enough for one large guppy to stay in comfortably. I also never really used the cage, it seems oddly cruel and confining not to mention unnecessary, but maybe that's just me.

Anyway, good product for protecting (most) fish babies from their moms that keeps itself clean and has plenty of room for mom to chill in for a little while until she's ready to go.
on October 6, 2016
Was very impressed at how quick and easy this was to put together. I already had babies in the tank so I didn't have to use all the parts just made it a safe place for the new babies. At first I had a few doubts about the air filter but after getting it hooked up and in the water it has done great. The slots are just the right size in the tank to keep the babies from getting out but just right for water and left over food and waste to go through. The four suction cups held the rank in place the whole time. I would definitely buy this item again. Very well pleased.
on June 26, 2017
Bought this for my friend for her Guppies and it is serving it's purpose. Only issue was the suction cups not holding well. She rigged it though and it is working for her.
on February 26, 2016
I add a female swordtail ready to give birth, so I placed her in the nursery.
About two hour later there was about half of the hatchlings that where stuck in the
slots of the nursery. I lost 6 of 13 hatchling. I was averaging much better
with java moss. For swordtails it does no work. Save your money
Would make bottom slots a little bit wider.
on January 13, 2014
Fantastic design and versatile. I use it to acclimate new fish for a few days in my reef tank after they have left the quarantine tank. Suction cups hold on perfect and do not come off at all. Once my bangaii cardinals start breeding I will use it to hold the babies.
on March 3, 2014
i have only used it for isolation purposes. one of my crawfish was acting strange so i put him in here so the others (3) could not get to him. worked pretty well, but the lid kept coming off when using the air filter part of it, maybe i had the air turned up to high but i don't think so. everything comes out if you just need a small isolation area.
on April 30, 2017
probably be good for small fish

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.