Midwest Tropical Fountain Aqua Coffee Table Aquarium Tank
|Price:||$789.99 & FREE Shipping|
- Hand crafted, gallery quality, beautiful coffee table aquarium!
- Compliments business, household and recreational settings!
- Includes everything you need, just add fish, water, and power!
- Supports both fresh and tropical water environments with proper maintenance.
- Includes 1 year manufacturers limited warranty
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Exclusive items from our brands
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question might be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who bought this product.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
680 Features: -Aqua Table Aquarium collection. -Freshwater aquarium tank. -Made in the USA. Shape: -Octagon. Product Type: -Aquarium tank. Country of Manufacture: -United States. Primary Material: -Acrylic. Water Capacity: -28 Gallons. Water Type: -Freshwater. Color: -Black. -Water capacity: 28 gallons. Dimensions: Overall Height - Top to Bottom: -15.5". Overall Width - Side to Side: -45". Overall Depth - Front to Back: -26". Overall Product Weight: -95 lbs.
- Is Discontinued By Manufacturer : No
- Product Dimensions : 40 x 23 x 21 inches; 56 Pounds
- Department : Aquariums & Tanks
- Date First Available : April 5, 2005
- Manufacturer : Midwest Tropical Fountain
- ASIN : B0002NJ3U8
- Customer Reviews:
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
As far as caring for this tank goes, yes it is easy to access tank for cleaning, but because the light is underneath you will have a lot of algae buildup on the bottom which if left unchecked will block much of the light.
Now here are some suggestions for additional things/changes you might want to make to this:
1. More plants- comes with very few plastic plants and you may want a few more especially if you plan on putting fish in it.
2. Hiding places for fish- may want to purchase other decorations to function as hiding places if placing fish in here. Will make them much happier.
3. Heater- Most freshwater fish will probably need one at some time of the year to keep from freezing them.
4. Substrate- The gravel it comes with, while beautiful, does not lend well to keeping the tank clean. The gravel pieces very in size from tiny to large and it traps a lot of food and waste not allowing the filter to adequately do its job. It also greatly limits the animals you can safely house as many like to sift through substrate or have delicate body parts that can be damaged.
4. Lighting- If you do opt to change the substrate you will need a new light solution.
5. Filter- While it does come with a very nice filter, you may want to purchase a second one as the shape and location of the original may not be able to keep up with the bio-load of your fish very well.
6. Bubbler and Air Pump- Due to the length of this tank, there is very little water movement on the opposite side of the filter. Water movement vital to the fish for oxygen. Would not need this if putting in a second Filter.
One more caution I would give is that the gaps for feeding and ventilation on the top of the tank are fully open and may allow fish to jump out. You can fill in these gaps(I used pool noodle pieces cut to size), but will have condensation on the table top which blocks your view of the aquarium.
Guess what I’m trying to say here is that this table is awesome, and worth purchasing. Just keep in mind that you will probably want to spend more money on it if wanting to put animals in it, if nothing else but for their safety and happiness.