Amazon Vehicles Beauty Trade in your textbooks STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Limited time offer Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Book House Cleaning masterpiece masterpiece masterpiece  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now Ellen

Showing 1-10 of 23 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 32 reviews
on December 25, 2011
The "one inch per gallon" is too broad of a statement. It will be okay to keep 4-5 Glofish in this tank if you know what you're doing, and you go slow. testing water all the way and cleaning often. The one-inch-per-gallon rule doesn't take into account body mass, amount of waste that species of fish produces, dimensions of the tank (depth isn't as helpful as length when it comes to oxygen exchange), etc.

I had Glofish in here, and they looked great, but then I found a gorgeous orange betta fish so I transferred my glofish to another tank I have and put the betta here. I have never had a betta fish that was so active, adventurous, and seemingly happy. I would encourage this tank for betta fish even more than glofish. (PS: See pictures of my fish under customer images right under the main picture up top).
review image review image
on February 26, 2014
I bought this for my granddaughter as one of her Christmas gifts. She has had the same Betta for over 5 years in a small glass fishbowl! I did a lot of research and decided on this one due to the size and different color of lights. It fit perfectly on her dresser and she loves it. She also said that her Betta must love it as well because he is swimming around playing and hiding in his new environment.
on March 13, 2014
The size of the tank was perfect for my 9yr old's room. It fit 3 GloFish very well. We've never had fish before so it was interesting to see if we could keep them alive. The filter was always a pain because unless you plugged it in and then put it in the water, it wouldn't filter the water - it would just make noise and you would never see any water come out of the top. She got the tank for Christmas. You can't find the filter made for the filtering system unless you order off the pamphlet that comes with the tank. I got filters that would fit with the slide that comes with the tank from Walmart. The fish all died within 1 1/2 weeks after changing the filter. Took everything out, washed everything, went to put the filter back in and it made a very noisy machine grinding sound and wouldn't filter anything no matter how I tried to get it to. It's too bad because my daughter really liked the tank. We've replaced the filter - with something that I think is a little too powerful for the tank but that was the smallest one I could find. Before you purchased this, you really should check out what's available at your local fish store (not PetSmart). I've received the most help from a locally run store in Glen Burnie. Hopefully by next month, we can add a second and third fish and be on the road to happiness. :)
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 13, 2013
This is a small 3.5 gallon tank and it's really only good for a Betta Fish or a few small guppies. I purchased it for my four year old son as a gift in order to start teaching him responsibility, etc. He really wanted a fish. Generally, the rule of thumb is one gallon per 1" of fish. So for a tank like this you would only be able to fit a few small guppies or small fish. We purchased a heater and some air stones so he could have tropical fresh water fish and he now has a few small guppies in the tank. The light in the hood is a 3-way light and changes from daylight to twilight to moon glow. We have the glo-plants in there and the glo-fish gravel as well, so it does look very nice in the dark. It comes with a filter as well. It's very easy to set up. The directions are clear. Glo-Fish are not legal in California, so we have regular fish in there. It's compact and does not take up a lot of room. The filter is strong and keeps the tank very clean. At the same time, the filter may be too strong for some smaller fish, so use judgement when picking fish out. I had to order mine on-line because they don't even sell Glo-Fish Tanks in Cali.
on March 20, 2014
This tank looks great and has made a wonderful night-light for our daughter's room. I didn't give it 5 stars because, although it has worked wonderfully for our 4 glo-fish, the little neon tetras we put in there died within a day because the filter was too strong for them. I had read other people's reviews saying that this could happen, so I wasn't too terribly surprised when it did. However, our glo-fish have been in there for a month and have done very well.
on July 8, 2014
After a couple of weeks I notice a crack at the top in the front. I'm watching it carefully to make sure it doesn't get bigger. I'm so paranoid about cleaning it now. The plastic is so thin and cheap. The filter is almost useless and hard to get refills cartridges. I had to buy a different one. It didn't make me feel any better when I realized Walmart had it for a lot less money. If you want to try it, buy it at Walmart so you can take it back quicker.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 31, 2014
I bought this to hold one beta fish. It's plenty large for one fish. The filter is fairly quiet but does a great job. After a month of use the tank is sparkling clean. The light feature is fun. I like the convenient feeding hole. The filter is rather strong. My fish loves to play near the filter, but can escape to the bottom where it is calm easily.
on January 7, 2014
I bought this for my son for Christmas, and I was decently impressed with it.
The light could be a little better, it is very bright in the center and not so much away from the middle.
The filter is quiet and seems to do a good job.
If he does well with this, we'll bump him up to a bigger tank.
PP4x4
on December 11, 2014
I bought this aquarium as a birthday present for myself, I also bought a lot of accessories to go with it. Tonight in my attempt to set it up, I cracked the bottom while trying to install a light bar that attached with suction cups. VERY thin , cheap acrylic, spend a little more for glass. I regret this purchase.
on October 6, 2014
Great tank and easy to clean. We can use aftermarket filters that are cheap to buy and as long as you change them every 3 weeks along with replacing 1/2 of the water, the tank stays clean and clear. Looks great in my Son's bedroom on his desk.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.