Industrial Deals Beauty Save up to 90% on textbooks STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning kidsevergreen kidsevergreen kidsevergreen  Amazon Echo now $99.99 Limited-time offer: All-New Fire 7, starting at $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-2 of 2 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 39 reviews
on August 1, 2008
I did some research before chosing this unit - although it is hard to find reputable and unbiased info on the web the Aquasana system seemed to have a good reputation. I would agree with other reviewers that the system seems flimsy; although I haven't had any parts break, I had trouble getting replacement cartridges to fit without leaking. I also have had problems with the dispenser dribbling and running on for a while after use.

My biggest issue is perhaps not the fault of the unit, but the water tastes weird if it sits around in a glass for a couple of hours after being dispensed. Not sure if this is due to my water supply or to the water filter.
on June 19, 2006
I have a water well, so I do NOT want to restrict water flow to my kitchen sink faucet...!!!

As soon as I installed their AQ-4000 "sink top" model-
I noticed it took MUCH MUCH longer to fill the sink with unfiltered water (for dishes...)?!
I removed their aerator assembly..., and discovered it had a "non-removable!" VERY SMALL 5/32"..., "permanent" METAL restrictor hole!

I then installed their optional "Under-Sink Install Kit" (AQ-4056 (best), or AQ-4050 (MUCH less$)) .
This complete kit has a faucet that mounts to sink-top (NOT very easy, but worth it!- Drill 7/8" hole, mounting bracket screws are too large..., connect new water-T...)-
I now have good filtered water, and a "normal" water flow at the sink faucet! :o)
~~~~~~~~~~~~
UPDATE!- CONS (after using it for 6mo.- I'd now downgrade it to a 1 (they don't give 0!)!-
1. Changing the filters is a HASSLE! Had to work hard & gouge the down filter out with several tools (sticks BADLY!). Yes, it started leaking too!
Reverse Osmosis/distllled water has a BAD ph, and necessary minerals are removed!

2. I since got a Whirlpool UltraEase "PLUS!" under sink water filter mounting kit (Lowes only). Lines from AQ4000 fit it to the sink top faucet. They also carry sink top faucets, and filter mounting kits (in-store- couldn't find mounting kit online?).
Review the filtration specs on this NSF (govt.) approved Whirlpool "Plus" filter- lead/flouride/cysts/..., VERY impressive specs., for most home users!

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
See 1 answered question