Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Aquatalia Women's Rhumba Boot,Black Stretch Nappa Suede,9 B US
Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Snacks Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Shop Now

on August 29, 2012
This is my fifth - and most expensive pair of Aquatalia boots, a brand I have been buying since 1997. I wanted to buy last year, but $700?? I waited for a sale, which never came so popular are the boots. Gratified to see them appear again this year, for they are surely a classic. I have dark brown Aquatalia Roar and like the boots very much, but wear them with skirts and dresses that cover the elastic back. Rhumba, made famous by Kate Middleton, is on a different level, and I'll happily wear them with above the knee or knee skimming dresses and skirts, or leggings, as they are gorgeous from every angle! That is what $200 dollars more will buy you. With superb design and minimal seams, Rhumba has no 'panel' in the back. Rhumba fits like a glove yet is comfortable on the leg and to walk in. They are not bulky and they are light, and the fact they use the finest black suede, which creates a soft, feminine look, and the suede used is waterproof just makes the boot. I do think Rhumba boots are meant for slim legged women, but they do stretch a bit, but for those of you with thicker calves, give some of newer models with back panel a try and you'll have almost the same look. BTW: my boots from 1997 are still good! Fantastic, handcrafted Italian quality!
on November 21, 2013
My wife really, really wanted to wear this boot. She loved the style, feel, and beauty of it. It also didn't hurt that Kate Middleton can be seen slogging around the streets of London in it. She ultimately had to decide it wasn't for her based on the following reasons:
A boot with an MSRP of $695 and higher should be perfect in all areas. She found in just trying on the boot that the leather dye rubbed off on her calves making them black. Supposedly you can wipe them down with rubbing alcohol or some other solution, but this shouldn't be necessary.
Second, she has worn a size 7 for years. She tried the 7's with several different thicknesses of socks, but they were too loose. The 6.5's, however, were too tight across the instep and too short in the toe box.
Even though the boot didn't work for my wife, we can't give it a negative review. It's well made and obviously well received by the public. It's very comfortable and stylish. My only recommendation to Aquatalia is to work on the last a little bit more to better fit foot proportions and to fix the issue with the dye. (A last is what you make the shoe around.)
on October 21, 2012
I am 5'6" with very slender calves--I have a devil of a time finding ANY boots that don't flop around like buccaneer boots. These beautiful boots are very slim, fit great, look great and are waterproof. I have never bought a pair of boots so expensive but I will wear these for years!
on March 20, 2013
Usually this brand fits me wonderfully, is incredibly comfortable, and looks stylish. This design, however, gaped at the ankles and looked unstructured, so these boots were returned.
on December 12, 2012
I read a lot of reviews & most of them were favorable especially regarding the width of the boot which was narrow. The problem with the boot was that the zipper curved from the ankle and ended halfway up the leg which caused that area to sag. I couldn't believe how awful it looked on me & even sent a couple of photos. I've never purchased a boot that looked so bad on me. The black dye also transferred onto my hands which was a concern. For $698 (full price) it was not worth it. It just isn't worth it to buy such an expensive boot without trying it on first.
on November 22, 2014
This boot is expensive but worth it because of the versatility and comfort. I expect it to take me through a few seasons so the cost is less painful than a trendy boot that I can only wear for a year or two. I bought this boot specifically for my NY trips where we walk a lot. I have more attractive sexy boots, but I can only walk a short distance in them. I love the wine plum color as it goes with more clothing than I realized. The shaft of the boot is flexible but it is not for someone with big calves. I'm thin and it fits me nicely. I often have problems with boots having wide shafts so this was a find for me. I wore this boot with 2 different dresses and already got compliments on them. My only complaint is the zipper is a bit noisy when you walk. I may change out the tab on the zipper and add something less noisy and with a little more bling. I wish there was some detailing on these boots as they are cut nicely but a bit simple, but overall I'm happy with my purchase and finally have a pair of boots I can walk for hours in without my feet aching.
on March 14, 2014
These boots are my first experience with Aquatalia. After spotting, lusting, and otherwise keeping an eye on them for the past few years, I saw a fantastic sale and purchased them.

Background: I typically wear a 10.5-11, and purchased an 11. I'm tall (5'10"), and I have narrow calves (13-14").

These boots are unexpectedly light. I feel like I'm walking on air. Padded, gorgeous air. The heel height is comfortable, and there's no pinching or restrictions in the toe box thanks to its classic almond shape. They feel a bit roomy, but a size 10 would be too small. The stretch suede is soft and comfortable to wear with tights, and there is some color transfer as others have reported. Rhumba's sculpted ankle is feminine and delicate, and it's the nearest I've come to a perfect fit. I have days where I'm on my feet for 8+ hours, walking and standing on hard flooring; poorly designed footwear loudly announces itself and isn't a feasible option. The Rhumba boot is comfortable and provides good support for my arches. They are tall enough for me, too, stopping just a half inch or so from my knee. After several full days of walking, I have noticed some uneven wearing on the heel cap, but it's nothing a cobbler can't fix.

I love how the half zipper calls attention to my slim ankles. I love that half-second of "floating" I feel due to the cushioned sole. I don't think I'd wear a heeled, tall leather boot (riding boots are okay), but this suede boot is understated and elegant enough to wear without reservations. It's a joyful surprise to encounter a designer who realizes that tall ladies with proportional feet appreciate beautiful, attractive footwear as much as anyone. In sum, I'm most pleased by how well the Rhumba serves as an intersection of luxury and thoughtful design. They are a real pleasure to wear, and I've received multiple compliments already. I trust I will enjoy them for many years to come, although I haven't heard much about how they wear long-term. Aquatalia's on my list of go-to designers, and until there's another sale ;)) I'd rather have one pair like this than a dozen others of lesser quality and comfort.
on October 11, 2013
I purchased the Rap boot last year because I thought it would fit better around the calf than the Rhumba based on the measurements of the calf. The zipper part hurt my ankle on the Rap boot. When I saw Amazon had a sale on boots, I thought I would take a chance and try the Rhumba. I love this boot. It stretches enough to fit my 15" calf. I always order a 1/2 size up in Aquas and this boot fit perfect and I got it on sale. I will wear this for many years. Thanks to the Duchess of Cambridge for wearing such quality boots we all can try!
on April 10, 2015
These boots are beautiful and very flattering on the leg. I'm a tiny woman, only 5 feet tall, and usually have a difficult time getting a boot that isn't too long for my leg, nor one that is too short cutting mid-calf and making a short woman look squatty. These rhumba boots look perfect even on a short woman. They hug the calf and are not baggy around the ankle. The only issue I have had so far is that when I wore them with leggings, they slid down a bit and I found myself pulling them up. I think it might help to wear stockings over the leggings to give something for the boot to grab onto to hold in place. A bare leg with a Capri length legging might work as well. Haven't tried them with a skirt yet, but I have plans to. I'm pleased with the weatherproofing and have not had a problem with black rubbing off of them. They are very comfortable and stable when walking. The suede is a very fine nap giving the boot an even matte finish. The medium width is perfect for my foot. I wear a 6(US) and often times boots of this size are too narrow for me, these are just wide enough. I'm very happy to say that I got an amazing deal on these boots... 75% off retail! I would never pay $725.00 for a boot, but I can certainly tell that I'm wearing a $725.00 boot!
on October 10, 2012
These are beautiful and very flattering boots. The heal is a comfortable height but the boot width around the calf is very narrow. Catherine, the Duchess of Cambridge can be seen wearing them here: [...]

See 1 answered question