Consider these available items
Aquatic Arts 5 Deluxe Mystery Snail Pack | Algae Remover | Substrate Cleaner | Aquarium Filter | Safe in Freshwater Tetra | Betta Tanks
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Add a variety of colors to your tank with this combo pack that includes 1 of each of our Golden, Blue, Black, Albino, and Ivory Mystery Snails! These lively, large snails make great aquarium pets!
- One of the largest plant safe freshwater snails, Mystery Snails are fully aquatic and must live in an aquarium or vivarium. They nicely complement most tank décor, such as Saim aquarium decorations.
- This natural aquarium cleaner helps clean fish tank algae off aquarium glass, freshwater plants, and aquarium decorations, and helps keep your aquarium gravel clean.
- They can grow to over 2 inches - one of the largest freshwater snails available! They are peaceful and make great tankmates to most freshwater fish and dwarf shrimp, such as Neon Yellow Shrimp.
- Basic aquarium accessories required, such as an aquarium filter (e.g. aqueon water filter). All Aquatic Arts plants and animals come with a 100% alive arrival guarantee, plus free email support!
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers who bought this item also bought
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question might be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who bought this product.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
The Deluxe Multi-Colored Snail Combo Pack includes 5 Mystery Snails of 5 different colors: gold, blue, black, ivory, and albino.
Our large Mystery Snail have dual benefits — they add bursts of color to your aquarium and act as natural fish tank cleaners! These colorful snails consume uneaten fish food and other waste, plus they clean algae off aquarium glass, plants, and aquarium decorations. They also eat hair algae and filter tank substrate to keep it the correct color. They grow large as an adults (up to 3 inches in diameter) and are safe with any nonaggressive aquarium fish, live shrimp, or aquarium plants.
Compared to other freshwater snails, Mystery Snails are characteristically more active and playful and can often be found scaling aquarium walls, extending their antennae in search of food, and climbing up the aquarium pump to the water line to breathe in oxygen. Because of this, ensure the water line in your aquarium is low enough or keep a tank lid in place so your snail cannot escape.
We often ship smaller sized (.5 to 1.5 inches) snails so you can enjoy them longer and watch them grow. A young Mystery Snail can double in size over the course of two weeks to months. All freshwater snails are sensitive to copper, so please monitor your copper levels if you use tap water in your tank.
NOTE: Contrary to what some websites state, Mystery Snails are NOT the same species as Apple Snails. Apple Snails are an invasive species and illegal to own in the United States. Our Mystery Snails do not grow to the tremendous size that Apple Snails do (often as big as an apple).
- Temperature: 68° - 84° F (20° - 29° C)
- pH: 7.6 - 8.4
- KH: 2 - 15 dKH
- Minimum tank size: 2.5 gallons per snail
- Average adult size: 2.5 - 3+ inches (5 - 7.6+ cm)
- Average purchase size: .5 - 2 inches (1.3 - 5 cm)
- WARNING: Copper is toxic to snails and other invertebrates. Avoid any aquarium products that contain copper in any form.
- Aquatic Arts is an American aquarium company!
- Is Discontinued By Manufacturer : No
- Product Dimensions : 7 x 7 x 6 inches; 11.2 Ounces
- Item model number : 10 Live Cappuccino Spike Snails |
- UPC : 684758008640 812548038762
- Manufacturer : AmazonUs/AQK09
- ASIN : B07TV8YZCC
- Customer Reviews:
Statements regarding dietary supplements have not been evaluated by the FDA and are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease or health condition.
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Something I wish I would have known before hand is that it takes a while for them to "wake up". It took maybe 3-4 hours after acclimating and the littlest ones started peaking out of their shells. Its now been 3 days and the largest has just finally peaked out- I thought for sure he was dead or dying.
I was nervous putting them in with my goldfish. I thought the little guys would be terrorized. But after the initial curiosity wore off the goldfish generally leave them alone, though I keep the smallest ones in a smaller tank with only 1 small goldfish, the biggest are with my large goldfish in a 65 gallon tank.
I also thought they would be bigger, but after reading about their short life spans it's probably best to start small and have them grow so you can enjoy them longer.
Update: the first picture shows my largest snail, an ivory white snail. This was the one who did not peak out of its shell for 3 days. When it finally did I was excited and took the pic and the wrote this review. It wasn't until later that I realized it had not moved from that position. It was dead. Contacted aquatic arts about it not coming out of its shell before it died, and they said sorry it's being lazy. All my other snails are on great condition. I email to let them know it has died.
UPDATE: I got the combo pack of mystery snails and have three males and two females. As you can see by the image below, they have been active. I have more snails than fish, but if the pods are submerged, this can be controlled as they lay them above the water line. Raising baby snails is really fun.
Two things I didn't like:
The box it came in was big box and it was filled with this lose fuzz stuff. It was messy opening the box. You will have to vacuum after you open it. It seem unnecessary but maybe there is a purpose to that fuzz?....
The snails look a lot bigger in the picture. I was expecting large snails but majority of them were the size of a dime (slightly smaller) and one was a size of a nickel.
Aside from that all 5 snails were up and running around within 30min and are very beautiful and inquisitive! Fun little guys to have!! So 5 stars bc they’re great snails. I’d recommend shipping the containers in a bigger box with some air bags to ease their travels.
Disclaimer: While we work to ensure that product information is correct, on occasion manufacturers may alter their ingredient lists. Actual product packaging and materials may contain more and/or different information than that shown on our Web site. We recommend that you do not solely rely on the information presented and that you always read labels, warnings, and directions before using or consuming a product. For additional information about a product, please contact the manufacturer. Content on this site is for reference purposes and is not intended to substitute for advice given by a physician, pharmacist, or other licensed health-care professional. You should not use this information as self-diagnosis or for treating a health problem or disease. Contact your health-care provider immediately if you suspect that you have a medical problem. Information and statements regarding dietary supplements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease or health condition. Amazon.com assumes no liability for inaccuracies or misstatements about products.