Save Big On Open-Box & Pre-owned: Buy "Aqueon Aquarium Water Changer - 25 Feet” from Amazon Warehouse Deals and save 47% off the $43.20 list price. Product is eligible for Amazon's 30-day returns policy and Prime or FREE Shipping. See all Open-Box & Pre-owned offers from Amazon Warehouse Deals.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ $10.75 shipping
Aqueon Aquarium Water Changer
|You Save:||$13.66 (32%)|
- Takes the mess out of water changing
- Switches effortlessly from a gravel vacuum to a water changer, by a twist of a valve
- Avoid the heavy, messy buckets with this all in one water changer
- Water flow control prevents spillage, facilitates thorough cleaning, and eliminates need for heavy buckets
- Measures 25 feet long
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Special offers and product promotions
Aqueon features a variety of accessories to help keep your fish and their aquatic environment clean and healthy. The Aqueon Aquarium Water Changer was developed to make routine water changes and vacuuming gravel easy and efficient for any level aquarist. Complete water flow control prevents spillage, facilitates more complete, thorough cleaning and eliminates the need for lifting heavy buckets of water.
Eliminates Spills and Heavy Lifting
The goal of all aquarists, no matter what their experience level, is to keep their fish and aquatic life happy and healthy. In order to achieve this goal, routine water changes and vacuuming of substrate is required. The Aqueon aquarium water changer was designed to help eliminate the potential for messy spills and transporting heavy buckets of water. Simply attach the water flow assembly to the faucet using the included multi-connections faucet adaptor and turn on the faucet.
Complete Water Flow Control
While vacuuming gravel, the key to thorough cleaning is water flow. Just the right amount of water flow will meticulously agitate the gravel to remove loose dirt while reducing the amount of water that dispenses into the sink. The easy-grip molded handle on the gravel tube includes a built-in on/off valve for total water flow control at your fingertips. The same valve on the sink attachment can be adjusted to reduce splashing of dirty water in the sink.
What's in the Box
- 11-inch gravel tube with built-in water flow control valve
- Water flow sink attachment with adjustable valve and splash-reducing guard
- Multi-connection faucet adaptor
- 25 or 50 feet of flexible tubing
How to Use the Aqueon Aquarium Water Changer
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
Compare to similar items
This item Aqueon Aquarium Water Changer - 25 Feet
Aqueon 06093 Faucet Adaptor B00176B01Y
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Item Dimensions||20.3 x 16 x 3.7 in||9.6 x 4 x 1.5 in||15 x 15 x 8 in||0.9 x 1.5 x 1 in|
Top Customer Reviews
1. Don't connect the hose to the part that goes on the faucet (water flow assembly) until after you have it screwed into the aerator hole. It twists much more easily.
2. Make sure you remove all of the coils out of the hose so that it lays flat before using each time.
3. Make sure your faucet is facing down. We have one that pulls out so you can spray with it, and it tilts to the side unless we put it in facing straight down. (oh, and if you have this type, there IS an aerator hole on the bottom of it, just flip it over and look -that's where it hooks up).
4. Buy a second thermometer so you can get the water temperature of the water from the faucet. Your water flow assembly will have to be open. When you're done, turn it off to fill up the hose. Make sure your vacuum is set to off. Once it's filled, turn water assembly to on first, and then vacuum to on.
5. If you don't want to waste as much water, you can reduce your water flow to a point where there is still suction, but lower water output.
6. Before you start to refill, turn vacuum to off and manually raise hose starting at tank so that all of your dirty water is out of the hose before refilling tank.
Think that's it.
But there are a couple of add-ons you may want to consider buying.
After I received the hose in the mail I saw that that the faucet adapter was PLASTIC.
I had trouble connecting this piece to my faucet and once i got it on it leaked horribly.
I searched Home Depot's website and picked up the "NEOPERL Dual Thread for 3/4 in. Hose or Male 55/64 in. Adapter" for $5.95 right from my local store. :)
This thing is painted chrome, but its SOLID BRASS and its Lead Free.
It was a perfect replacement for that cheap plastic adapter the aqueon came with.
Next, I realized that 25 feet of tubing wasn't going to be enough so I searched Lowe's website for 5/8 vinyl tubing (which is the exact size of the tubing the aqueon comes with) and I found "Watts 1' x 5/8" PVC Clear Vinyl Tubing" for a mere $0.37 cents a foot. I went to my local store and bought 10ft of it and a 1/2" plastic splicer (to connect the hoses) for a total of $5 bucks :)
Now its perfect! No more leaks and I can reach ALL 3 of my tanks! :D
I highly recommend that you purchase the brass adapter from Home Depot instead of Lowe's.
The one from Lowe's is made out of metal and contains lead which is poisonous to fish.
The Aqueon water changer is just as good as the Python, if not better!
The alternative I chose is the equivalent system made by Python, and I'm very happy with their system.No wonder it's listed as a best seller! A little more expensive but worth it. The plastic parts are made of a softer less brittle plastic. Much less likely to snap! And some of the water control valve is made of brass, which means it handles stress where it may be most likely to occur. I connect to a bathroom faucet to power the siphon, and the connector to the faucet is brass, and I appreciate that.
Anyway, until Aqueon improves the quality of the plastic in this product, specifically in the water control valve assembly, I recommend avoiding this product. Suggestion to Aqueon: if you want to be competitive, examine the Python product and improve your product accordingly.
A further minor complaint while I'm thinking of it: The hose that comes with this system is a very stiff plastic, very hard to get onto the connectors. I used 1/2 inch hose I had left over from building the aquaponics system which is much softer and more flexible. Again, the Python system was not a problem in this regard.
does not leak (so far)
saves time on water changes
can siphon and fill your tank quick!
Main sink fitting is plastic; inner threads wear out quickly
25ft may not be enough for you. consider an extension hose if you need more feet!
This water changer is great! I have had it for a couple months and works well. I have to hook this up to my outdoor water hose and the plastic fitting does wear down fast when you attach it to the garden hose. I have an odd-ball sink and cannot find the appropriate adapter to attach the fitting to the sink so my garden hose will siphon the water out for me and I have to use a bucket to put water back in the tank until I can find the right fitting.
Overall, it works great for water changes. I give it 4 stars due to the quick wear on the main fitting. Aqueon should change the plastic fitting out for a metal one and it would be a great product!