Aqueon Aquarium Water Changer
|Price:||$24.66 & FREE Shipping on orders over $25. Details|
|You Save:||$18.54 (43%)|
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and .
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- Takes the mess out of water changing
- Switches effortlessly from a gravel vacuum to a water changer, by a twist of a valve
- Avoid the heavy, messy buckets with this all in one water changer
- Water flow control prevents spillage, facilitates thorough cleaning, and eliminates need for heavy buckets
- Measures 25 feet long
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Aqueon features a variety of accessories to help keep your fish and their aquatic environment clean and healthy. The Aqueon Aquarium Water Changer was developed to make routine water changes and vacuuming gravel easy and efficient for any level aquarist. Complete water flow control prevents spillage, facilitates more complete, thorough cleaning and eliminates the need for lifting heavy buckets of water.
Eliminates Spills and Heavy Lifting
The goal of all aquarists, no matter what their experience level, is to keep their fish and aquatic life happy and healthy. In order to achieve this goal, routine water changes and vacuuming of substrate is required. The Aqueon aquarium water changer was designed to help eliminate the potential for messy spills and transporting heavy buckets of water. Simply attach the water flow assembly to the faucet using the included multi-connections faucet adaptor and turn on the faucet.
Complete Water Flow Control
While vacuuming gravel, the key to thorough cleaning is water flow. Just the right amount of water flow will meticulously agitate the gravel to remove loose dirt while reducing the amount of water that dispenses into the sink. The easy-grip molded handle on the gravel tube includes a built-in on/off valve for total water flow control at your fingertips. The same valve on the sink attachment can be adjusted to reduce splashing of dirty water in the sink.
What's in the Box
- 11-inch gravel tube with built-in water flow control valve
- Water flow sink attachment with adjustable valve and splash-reducing guard
- Multi-connection faucet adaptor
- 25 or 50 feet of flexible tubing
How to Use the Aqueon Aquarium Water Changer
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top customer reviews
1. Don't connect the hose to the part that goes on the faucet (water flow assembly) until after you have it screwed into the aerator hole. It twists much more easily.
2. Make sure you remove all of the coils out of the hose so that it lays flat before using each time.
3. Make sure your faucet is facing down. We have one that pulls out so you can spray with it, and it tilts to the side unless we put it in facing straight down. (oh, and if you have this type, there IS an aerator hole on the bottom of it, just flip it over and look -that's where it hooks up).
4. Buy a second thermometer so you can get the water temperature of the water from the faucet. Your water flow assembly will have to be open. When you're done, turn it off to fill up the hose. Make sure your vacuum is set to off. Once it's filled, turn water assembly to on first, and then vacuum to on.
5. If you don't want to waste as much water, you can reduce your water flow to a point where there is still suction, but lower water output.
6. Before you start to refill, turn vacuum to off and manually raise hose starting at tank so that all of your dirty water is out of the hose before refilling tank.
Think that's it.
Well on the new piece I bought the bit that connects the hose to the unit broke........ I'm glad I saved the parts from the other one that broke. I am looking for a way to build one out of metal..... uuuhhg. DO NOT BUY if you're wanting it to last.
does not leak (so far)
saves time on water changes
can siphon and fill your tank quick!
Main sink fitting is plastic; inner threads wear out quickly
25ft may not be enough for you. consider an extension hose if you need more feet!
This water changer is great! I have had it for a couple months and works well. I have to hook this up to my outdoor water hose and the plastic fitting does wear down fast when you attach it to the garden hose. I have an odd-ball sink and cannot find the appropriate adapter to attach the fitting to the sink so my garden hose will siphon the water out for me and I have to use a bucket to put water back in the tank until I can find the right fitting.
Overall, it works great for water changes. I give it 4 stars due to the quick wear on the main fitting. Aqueon should change the plastic fitting out for a metal one and it would be a great product!
This will make ALL your water changes a breeze! And yes, I think they can improve the design as far as draining the tank. The instructions seem to say to keep the faucet water running while draining the tank which I do not do..such a waste, so draining takes longer than it should, but the convenience of siphoning out the water and filling all in fell swoop supersedes that negative. Highly recommended and I'm looking forward to two improvements: 1. faster draining 2. stronger plastic fixtures. Still giving it five stars!
New Update: Went to purchase adapter to hook this up and the connection from the hose to the piece that connects to the faucet is cracked funny how it does not even screw on. I could not image using this at all. Will connect with the seller to see if they will replace but at this point save yourself money and don't purchase this.
Recently realized the thread on the hose adapter is also not standard size so you cannot use it directly with say the Python branded pump since it uses a standard outdoor hose threading.