|Item Weight||8 pounds|
|Product Dimensions||14 x 11 x 11 inches|
|Item model number||685311120280|
|Discontinued by manufacturer||Yes|
|Manufacturer Part Number||685311120281|
|CAPA Certified||DOT Certified|
|Safety Rating||DOT Certified|
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
Arai XD4 Helmet (Black Frost, Large)
|Price:||$557.95 & FREE Shipping|
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers who bought this item also bought
Compare to similar items
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Extrememoto||MXATV||Phat Performance Parts||Extrememoto||Avid Cycles||MotoMummy|
|Color||Black Frost||Solid Matte Black||Black Frost||Aluminum Silver||Black||Orange|
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Brand New XD4 Arai did the only thing possible to this groundbreaking, critically acclaimed street and dirt crossover helmet. We made it even better. Intermediate-round oval shape: The new XD4 has Arai's intermediate oval (IO) interior shape. New exhaust ports and shell shape: These new top-diffuser-vent ports nearly double the XD4's airflow, while its new shell shape provides better aerodynamic stability at higher street speeds in concert with its high-flow peak and new side cowl vents. New larger side cowl vents: The new larger, sculpted vents improve ventilation efficiency as well as helmet stability on your head at speed. New chin vent: The new vent has more intake ports for improved airflow. And like its predecessor, the vent's chin bar is rounded with less protrusion making it less likely to catch and dig in during a spill, than most other designs. Its oval form is actually based on the egg's, long known for its extremely strong and efficient shape. FCS cheek pad system: Arai's amazing new patent-pending FCS (Facial Contour Support) cheek pad design delivers comfort, support and fit like nothing you've ever felt, and it features our exclusive 5 mm peel-away custom fit layer. New brow vent face shield: Arai has added our trademark brow vents to the new XD4 face shield, providing airflow to the temple area of the head. Fully removable/replaceable/washable interior: Includes Arai's patented Dry-Cool technology to keep you drier and cooler (hence the name) for greater long-haul comfort. Emergency cheek pad release system: From Arai's decades long commitment to building helmets that do more for riders comes this major innovation, the very first emergency release cheek pad design created specifically for motorcycle helmets. Developed to allow easier access to an injured rider, the XD4's cheek pads slide out easily via the integrated pull-tabs built into the underside of the cheek pad, making helmet removal much easier for trained medical personnel.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
There is no doubt that this is an expensive helmet. It costs twice that of most of its competition. In my humble opinion (developed over about 7 years and 40k miles of mixed surface riding) it is worth every penny. Read below if you need the specifics. Or just buy one and see for yourself.
The pluses -
* Looks - just look at that bad boy. Its like I stole it from Master Chief when he wasn't looking.
* Ventilation - the race/street helmet features have made their way into the dual sport arena. Toggles and switches are easy to find and operate. Their direction is intuitive. When you open them you feel a solid stream of cool air. There is no doubt that they do the job and do it well.
* Protection - its an Arai, snell 2010 and ECE - what more could you ask for
* Versatility of shield, peak, goggles combination.
* build quality - the shield snaps shut with a solid thunk, the peak is well affixed. The padding on the inside is better than my Quantum 2 - its clear to me that they've upgraded the touchy-feeley surfaces and the padding underneath. Bravo.
The minuses -
* weight - its on the heavy side
* cost - its ~$600, but cmon - you spend a bundle on your bike, keeping your head in one piece to enjoy it should not be an afterthought
* no pinlock on the stock shield.
* shield changes require tools ie you can forget about morning or mid ride shield swaps if the conditions change.
All in all - I am extremely satisfied with it. I've ridden in cold weather with it, I've ridden in 30+ mph crosswinds, and I've ridden on a few warm days. I felt the pull in the crosswinds, but it was not unbearable.
Most recent customer reviews
I really like the fit and finish of the XD-4.. not yet broken in as I have only rode about 60 miles with it on my head.. Lots of facial air flow..Read more
Like any off road style helmet you still have wind noise, but it is much...Read more