Amazon Business Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery March Birthstone Book House Cleaning _fab _fab _fab  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now STEM

Color: Black Frost|Size: Large|Change
Price:$453.80+ Free shipping

Showing 1-7 of 7 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 9 reviews
on November 14, 2012
I've been riding for about 8 months with an HJC IS-MAX BT X-Large and decided that even though I liked how it fit my head, it was probably still too big for me as at high speeds, I noticed the helmet top sinking to cover my eyes. Not good. So for my next helmet purchase, I decided to just go for the best big brands. I was deciding between an entry level Shoei or Arai helm and the internet pointed me to Arai. The helmet was prime eligible and got it in two days.

The cheek pads were very snug on my cheeks but this is normal from what I hear. A cool thing about this helmet are the custom fit cheekpads, you can remove an extra 5mm of padding in the cheeks and temples. I haven't done it yet as I feel the padding will eventually break in to a better fit but I will shorten it if that doesn't occur.

I noticed at high speeds, turning my head to change lanes no longer pushes my head back. Awesome.

Wind noise: I wear ear plugs often so I can't really offer a good analysis but the few times I've worn it without plugs, it was noticeably quieter than my HJC. Still not enough for me to stop wearing ear plugs though!

The only thing I would change is the length of the helmet strap. It's really short and I'm quite positive I wouldn't be able to pin it with my gloves on.

Other than that, the helmet is solid and sexy cool.
on November 11, 2012
Very little wind noise when travelling at high speed, and the vents keep your head cooler then most helmets in the summer heat
on March 11, 2013
Fits great and I added a SENA wireless headset which fit quite easily. Wife loves it and I can talk to her from my bike with the SENA wireless headsets
on August 1, 2014
Buyer beware! I bought mine "as new" from 58cycle for $480. The manufacturing date on the chin strap was over 3 years old. May 2011. Written on the chin strap were the words: "Warranted no more than 7 years from date of manufacture." And indeed when I registered it just now on the Arai website they would only warrantee for 3 years and 9 months. Just until 5/18. I paid for a helmet I thought new and warranteed for 5 years from date of purchase. I contacted 58cycle twice to have it prorated before finally receiving their version that the helmet is warranteed "for 5 years from date of purchase". It is not.
on August 23, 2015
The helmet fits well and is very comfortable. There are lots of vents in it for warm weather riding. My only complaint is that when it arrived by UPS, it required a signature. Being that both my spouse and I work, I had to pick it up at UPS. It would be handy for buyers to know this ahead of time so arrangements can be made. Otherwise, I love the helmet.
on October 10, 2011
This helmet fits well and is worth the price. It is quieter than the one I already own. Great product.
on July 1, 2015
This hemet is stylish, comfortable, quiet and has vents for cooling in multiple areas. It is a top-rated safety helmet so you can't go wrong there.